Nesting thread - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
totally stolen from december's thread. What have ya'll done... what's waiting to be done?

I have:

deep cleaned all the furniture and underneath the couch over the weekend (couldn't walk for the rest of the day).
I also went through all of DS clothes.
Finished sewing one round of fall pj's for DS.

Need to:

Finish blankets for DD
Finish 'round 2' of winter pj's for DS.
Finish quilts for DD and DS
Deep clean/organize master bath and closet.
Wash and sort DD's clothes (waiting for my sister to do that so we can enjoy the cuteness together).

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Maybe someone can move it but you accidentally posted it IN December...

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pregnant with #2, having another
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
#3 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

oops, I pm'd a mod... hopefully it will be moved soon. Sorry!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#4 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can move it for you.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows--
: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#5 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM

Wait, I don't know where you want it moved.

: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#6 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

The January DDC, please! Forgive me!!! This is karma for 1) Stealing your thread adn 2) bragging about how much I got done around the house this weekend!

!

#7 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM

No problem!

Check out the

#8 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jeez, lady...way to make a girl feel lazy! I cleaned my kitchen...slightly deeper than usual, but nothing amazing. I made 9 dozen cookies- baked half and froze half to bake later, theoretically after the baby is born
The baby has three pair of socks and a hat and a half hand-knit by Mama.
Now the whole rest of my house needs de-junked and cleaned...
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#9 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have done nothing.... It is really sad. We have a 5 bedroom place. DS and DD share a room and even though we know baby will be in our room for at least a year (like the other two) We still have to decide which of the other bedrooms will become baby room. Which means reconfiguring the house a bit as one room is a sewing room, one an office and one a guestroom which is used often. Have not gone through baby clothing or purchased and winter baby clothes( have none of those oither toe were summer babes). Must wrangle all my newborn diapers as many are out on loan. OK this is depressing. I should get some things done.

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
#10 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJenese View Post
I have done nothing.... It is really sad. We have a 5 bedroom place. DS and DD share a room and even though we know baby will be in our room for at least a year (like the other two) We still have to decide which of the other bedrooms will become baby room. Which means reconfiguring the house a bit as one room is a sewing room, one an office and one a guestroom which is used often. Have not gone through baby clothing or purchased and winter baby clothes( have none of those oither toe were summer babes). Must wrangle all my newborn diapers as many are out on loan. OK this is depressing. I should get some things done.

wow! your house sounds exactly like mine! We have 5 bedrooms, and one is currently a sewing room, one an office, and one is MIL's 'room' (which she's not in right now thank god!). The nursery, or DS room is most often used as a guest room since DS is still in our room. I've decided not to give up my sewing room just yet. I mean, they are still in the master bedroom-- I feel like I need a place of my own where I can shut the door, yk? I'll reevaluate in a few years.

#11 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjelly View Post
Jeez, lady...way to make a girl feel lazy! I cleaned my kitchen...slightly deeper than usual, but nothing amazing. I made 9 dozen cookies- baked half and froze half to bake later, theoretically after the baby is born
Now the whole rest of my house needs de-junked and cleaned...
Posted via Mobile Device
9 dozen cookies! If I had done that I'd consider myself done for the rest of pregnancy.

What kind... if you don't mind my asking?

Funnily enough, I had absolutely no nesting instinct last pregnancy. This time I'm tired, in pain, have spd, but see dust bunnies *everywhere*!!!

I cannot describe the relief I felt when I vaccumed out from under all the couches. It was like this release of all this energy. I couldn't walk for the rest of the day but it was oh, so, very worth it.

I'm actually a slob, so this is very, very odd for me.

#12 of 13 Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjelly View Post
That's a huge accomplishment! I enjoy knitting but have never knit a single sock even though they intrigue me. The teeny stitches just don't hold my interest.

I'm proud of myself for going through our baby clothing. I washed and sorted it into piles by size and sleeve length. I discovered that we certainly have plenty of blankets even with having a homebirth.
I've been trying to keep up regular house maintenance and get some diaper-sewing done. That's about it.

Mama to Blake, 6, and Grant, 4

#13 of 13 Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmati View Post
I cannot describe the relief I felt when I vaccumed out from under all the couches. It was like this release of all this energy. I couldn't walk for the rest of the day but it was oh, so, very worth it.

I'm actually a slob, so this is very, very odd for me.
Hehehe, this is me exactly. My mom came over last Saturday and helped me clean the house, because it was a mess EVERYWHERE and I didn't even know where to start. So I deep cleaned/vaccuumed the main living areas and did the laundry (including beds!) while she folded the laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Then she came back Sunday morning and did the bathroom. So now my house is CLEAN and I just keep telling myself I have 6 more weeks to maintain it, then I'm off work and it'll be much easier to stay on top of things.

Left to do:

- De-clutter some more, especially the basement. I'm going to a used toys and clothing swap in a couple of weeks, so this is a good chance to get rid of tons of stuff.
- Finish renovations, beginning with master bedroom/ensuite (almost done), main bathroom (will get done next weekend if we have all the parts on hand), and then the baby's room.

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page