Double Strollers - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I mentioned this before, but can't find this post. Despite DH thinking I/we won't need one that DS fits in-he will be 2 yrs 9 mo when baby is born, I think I'm going to at least register for one. He will probably never be out alone w/ both kids. Parents might get it for us as a Christmas gift. But I just don't know what kinds are good. I don't want anything super-expensive like a double jogger one. I do have a chico carseat so it makes sense to get one that the carseat will fit in. What double stroller do u LOVE or HATE? I need feedback, thx!

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Okay, this doesn't answer your question, but I never used a stroller for DS until he was 22 months, so I don't plan on using one for this little one. We got a stroller for DS last summer in anticipation of wearing the new baby. I used a Moby wrap for the first 20 lbs, then I got a homemade mei tai as a gift just when it was getting warm enough for the Moby to be uncomfortable, then I got an Ergo for Christmas when DS was ~30 lbs, and that's what we mostly use now - though I can still do a comfortable back carry with the Moby if DS is in the mood to be patient. (Though I will say that for long outings, like a day at the zoo, when I have DS, plus purse, plus diaper bag, plus drink, plus DS's drink, it is very nice to have a stroller to carry some of that.)

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

#3 of 6 Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 AM

I didn't get one until we got pregnant with this baby. I wore M while pushing K in the stroller or letting her walk. Occasionally he would ride in it if she was walking. But I knew we definitely needed one once there was another kid in the equation. We have a sit and stand. It's awesome. K loves it.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#4 of 6 Old 10-20-2010, 01:14 AM

We have a basic evenflow double stroller (front and back rather than side by side) and love it.
Before that we had a double that could be attached to the back of a bike. Super loved that one. (was about $250 at walmart)
#5 of 6 Old 10-20-2010, 01:19 AM

DDCC to say we put a million miles on our Ultralight Joovy Caboose. My first two are 23 months apart, and we regularly used the stroller for two years, and then we used it for big trips, like Disneyland, where we could put a bunch of stuff in it with the littlest. It was a super lifesaver. We are planning to use it again with this baby. We've never used the car seat attachment, but I suspect it would be an easy fit.
#6 of 6 Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Well my problem is I don't even have a good single stroller. We had a Chico one that came w/ the travel system but the handle completely just broke-probably DS playing on it & we didn't notice it. So all I have now is an umbrella stroller for DS which has a tear in the top. So I need something, even if it's a single for DS now, then for baby when she gets older & DS walks w/ me. The one I like is $330, but I know we can't afford that & I'm wierd b/c I kind of feel wierd about anyone else getting it for us-though I'm sure my mom would prob do it as a Christmas gift. They go "all out" every yr.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page