babyjelly! It's your spotlight! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Sorry for getting this up a day late - I was unexpectedly offline all day yesterday!)

Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

What do you know about your own birth?

When are you due?

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

How many kids do you want and why?

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

What type of work do you do?

What type of music do you like?

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

What do you do to get away from it all?

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

What are your favorite children's books?

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-22-2010, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?
I was born here in the Salt Lake area of Utah, and have never lived more than 30 miles from my birthplace, how sad is that? I currently live in Layton. While i would love to try someplace different just for the experience, Utah is where my roots are, and even if I leave, I'm sure to be back someday...to care for ageing parents, if nothing else.

What do you know about your own birth?
My mom was in labor about 24 hours (the same as my first birth). She was in the hospital, and had the worst nurse in the universe. The kind who threatens to tie women down if they do not lie flat and hold still and quiet. Obviously, Mom got the epidural with a nurse like that. She missed MASH, adn after I was born, the only hot food they could find for Mom to eat was stewed tomatoes. Although she hates them, she ate three bowls and thought it was the best meal she had ever eaten

When are you due?
I'm due 20 January

How has this pregnancy been treating you?
pretty well. it seems that as my uterus/cervix get the hang of this pregnancy thing, the rest of my body forgets, though. This means that while I haven't had a lot of contractions (knock wood- I had PTL with all my others), I have had a lot more aches and pains this time around.

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?
I'm kind of hungry all the time right now. Nothing sounds awesome this week, though. last week it was zucchini. No real aversions right now; in the first half, I would have answered "all food". I was pretty sick.

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?
The best is how much more i have been able to do without being afraid of going into labor. The worst has honestly been our families' reactions...ranging from tears and disaproval to outright disownment.

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?
We will not find out. I haven't even had an u/s. we're hoping for a boy, partly because if it's a girl, she won't have a name.

How many kids do you want and why?
I'm not really sure anymore. for several years I've thought four, was kinda glad when i found out this time that it would be my last. And then, as this pregnancy has progressed, both my partner and I have had feelings like baby there might be one more out there for us. So I guess we're not closing the door on the possibility of more, but not really planning it either, at this point.

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?
Staying home, like last time, after two hospital births. Not planning on birthing in water-it seems pretty clear from my last three that no matter how awesome the water is during labor, when it's time to push I want OUT. NOW.

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?
yes! My favorite carrier changes, depending on the baby and the age...I've loved a wrap, a ring sling, and a mei tai.

What type of work do you do?
I mother Before my second was born, I was also a nursing assistant. i'd love to go back to geriatric care someday.

What type of music do you like?
Oh jeez. Right now it's a lot of rave music. Tiesto (but only very recent stuff, like this year and last year), Benny Benassi, Carl Cox, Ferry Corsten, Infected Mushroom. I also love Maynard James Keenan (Tool, a Perfect Circle, Puscifer). Nickelback, Lady Gaga, Hinder, Papa Roach (don't actually love their albums, but they kick ASS live), Bush, Eminem, Katy Perry, Pink, Kesha, and let's not forget Mr Vivaldi

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?
I knit. simple stuff, to keep it soothing. I used to read a ton, but that kind of stopped when my third was born.

What do you do to get away from it all?
I hide in the bathroom. No joke-just for 20 minutes or so. Every couple of months my partner and I go to a rave-24 hours leaves me just as refreshed as my sister's quarterly ten-day cruises!

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?
Adult? Non pregnancy? Do they still make those?
Ok, my baby sister just reminded me that I recently re-read Janet Fitches White Oleander. That will have to count.

What are your favorite children's books?
hm, we read Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables, Charlie and Lola, Fancy Nancy, and the inimitable Dr Seuss. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?
Kinda freaked out about possibly discovering twins as I head into my third trimester. Really just wanting this next week to go by faster so we can listen again.

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page