PhotoJournMama! It's your spotlight! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

What do you know about your own birth?

When are you due?

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

How many kids do you want and why?

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

What type of work do you do?

What type of music do you like?

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

What do you do to get away from it all?

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

What are your favorite children's books?

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?
#2 of 3 Old 10-27-2010, 02:58 PM

SO sorry I didn't fill this out sooner! I am so bad at keeping up with these threads With my first pregnancy I was on the boards all the time... but now I have a 2.5 year old haha.

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?

I was born in Peterborough, Ontario Canada which is just a lovely area. I live in Mississauga now, which is part of the Greater Toronto Area and I like it most of the time. There is a lot to do and we are always busy, but we don't have many friends here and no family, plus I grew up in small towns around Ontario and I miss having a yard (we live in a condo).

What do you know about your own birth?

I know that my pregnancy was harder, but that my birth was easier than with my two brothers. My mom had three natural births.

When are you due?

Jan. 19th, 2011

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

Very well... after the first trimester. I had a lot more morning sickness this time around, but since then everything has been smooth sailing - just like with my son.

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

The past few days I am just soooo hungry all the time, but can't think of what I want to eat. I went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up a whole lot of fruit, but couldn't think of anything else I wanted even while my stomach was rumbling away haha.

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

The best thing is finally getting pregnant and having it stick! After 15 months and 2 miscarriages I was ready to throw in the towel if this one didn't work. The worst... I'm not sure, I guess the morning sickness that kept me inside most of the first trimester, but I was thankful through that as well because it was a sign that it was a healthy pregnancy.

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

We were on the fence about finding out, and the u/s tech wasn't able to find out so that decision was made for us. We didn't find out with DS either. I keep changing my mind about what I am hoping for, so I guess I really will be very happy with either!

How many kids do you want and why?

I think that two will be enough for us.

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

My previous birth was a c-section because DS was breech at his due date and I was dilating. This time I am hoping and praying and crossing everything that I get to have the natural birth (VBAC) I want. It will have to be in the hospital and with monitoring (upon the midwives recommendations), but I am willing to do that to avoid a repeat c-section!

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

Yes! I have a Moby carrier and I am also making a ring sling or two. I like the Moby for outdoors in the winter, but find that it got waaaay too hot for DS when I wore him in it inside. Hopefully the ring sling can fill in the gaps so I can have the baby on me most of the time - this will be a huge help while chasing the older one around.

What type of work do you do?

When I got pregnant with DS I was going to school for photojournalism and doing some freelance work in that field. After having him, I realized it was not conducive to family life and became a SAHM. Now I am still at home and also taking some biology and chemistry courses in the hopes of someday going back to school for food and nutrition - maybe in a few more years.

What type of music do you like?

I listen to mostly rock and indie music.

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

Well photography was huge in my life, so of course it's still something I like to do. I also really love cooking. Mostly I read a lot in my free time, or plan crafts and activities to do with DS.

What do you do to get away from it all?

Get into the bath or lie in bed and read.

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

I'm not sure if it counts but I am reading "Pink Brain, Blue Brain" which is about differences between the sexes, how they develop, and what parents and others who work with children can do to empower their children. It is written by a neuroscientist and incredibly interesting. It was recommended to me by my FIL, who definitely wasn't reading it as a parenting manual, but just a scientific inquiry into a subject that is maybe a bit misunderstood.

What are your favorite children's books?

The Snail and the Whale; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; Moo Baa Lalala; Owl Babies, etc. There are so many but I am just so tired right now haha.

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?

Oh yes. After two miscarriages it's hard not to be worried. I am mostly past those worries, and now worry about the baby being breech like DS was.

Amanda + Steven SAHM to James (Feb 19, 2008) and Alexander (Jan 7, 2011). Lost little ones always in my heart (07/11/2009) (04/2010)

#3 of 3 Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM

I also love the book The Snail and the Whale! So great...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page