If you didn't find out the sex... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-27-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DH and I decided not to find out the sex of our bean. The closer and closer we get to meeting our little one the more excited I get! It is going to be so neat to be suprised. We found out with our first and it was no less special this is just different.

I have a feeling that we will have another boy (which is just fine with me) but then I think "but what if it's a girl!" It makes me smile just thinking about it .

Anybody else going back and forth and busting with excitement for the day you will finally find out?

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-27-2010, 05:05 PM

That is exactly WHY we don't find out! I get a lot of joy out of speculating for nine months.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#3 of 10 Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM

It's actually kind of a non-issue to me this time. The first time, I was SURE I was carrying a boy. I referred to the baby as "him," was prepared for a boy, and then she was a girl. This time, I am careful not to get into one mindset or the other. I have a feeling, based on the pregnancy and the connection with this one, that it is either a boy, or a less "girly" girl than DD.
#4 of 10 Old 10-27-2010, 06:49 PM

I am loving not knowing, and any time I get a feeling one way or the other, I put it out of my mind because I never want to get my heart set on a certain gender again and be let down. Be it boy #4, or girl #2... January is going to be a blast!!!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#5 of 10 Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 PM

We've waited and found out early. I prefer waiting much more. It really is so fun to find out at the birth. It's such a nice bonus treat to have after all that hard work.

We had an ultrasound with this one, and I had this weird urge to find out when they were doing it. I had them write the gender in an envelope. I processed that feeling for a day and then decided I really did want to wait. So, the envelope is just sitting on top of our fridge. I'm so looking forward to that moment at the birth. We have the kids announce the gender, so they love that moment, too.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
#6 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM

I realized, in the past few days, that even though we say "he" a lot of the time and several people have guessed that we are having a boy, our chances of having a boy are still 50/50! So just as likely that a girl is going to pop out. I think I would be more surprised if we had a girl, since we do say "he" a lot so I probably visualize a boy more often but there's no way to know until the Birth Day!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#7 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 03:06 PM

We didn't find out last time, and we aren't finding out this time either. I am pretty excited to see! With both of my previous children(including my first, who's sex I did find out) I had a really strong feeling about their genders, and I turned out right. I knew my son was a boy long before I had my ultrasound. I knew my daughter was a girl... Never got an ultrasound. We never even considered boy names. This time I am feeling "boy", but I throw out the occasional disclaimer to myself. My son is always saying "My little brother..." He is certain. *haha*

I will be happy with either sex... I make good babies! I will say I was mildly less excited about the possibility of a girl, but then we found a super cute girl name we like. That makes it seem like more of a reality, the possibility of this one being a girl. I can picture talking to a sweet little girl with that name. But I would really like a little boy that favors my husband's looks just to see how that would be. I love thinking about both options!!
#8 of 10 Old 10-29-2010, 04:52 AM

We're not finding out either and I'm so excited for the moment when DH announces the gender. I get emotional thinking about it. I don't really have any strong instincts either, so it's makes it REALLY exciting.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#9 of 10 Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 AM

This is our first and we aren't finding out. I'm pretty certain it is a girl and we both call her 'she' all the time, so I think we will be surprised (but not unhappy in the slightest) if we have a little boy. I'm just so excited to find out!

~Baby #1 Due January 2011~
#10 of 10 Old 11-08-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongBeliever View Post
I will be happy with either sex... I make good babies! I will say I was mildly less excited about the possibility of a girl, but then we found a super cute girl name we like. That makes it seem like more of a reality, the possibility of this one being a girl. I can picture talking to a sweet little girl with that name. But I would really like a little boy that favors my husband's looks just to see how that would be. I love thinking about both options!!
The name thing was big for us too, but in the opposite way - we already had a girl name, but needed a boy name, so I spent all my time thinking about the possible boy. We just last week settled on a boy name we can both be happy with, and it's freed me up to think either way.

The funny thing is, when I feel the baby move, I usually think about her as a her, but when I think ahead to baby being outside me, I usually think about him as a boy. Hmm...it just now occurs to me to wonder how related this is to my first pregnancy, when we were told we were having a girl, and when he was born we found out he was a boy?

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page