Had 1st hypno session - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm seeing someone for hypno sessions b/c a friend referred me & getting a good discount. I thought it went really well. I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't feel any different until the end when I tried to open my eyes & couldn't until she got to the number "five." I think hubby still thinks I'm a lil wierd for doing it, but he's supportive & was asking about it. I'm still nervous about planning for a natural/drug free delivery, but that's why I'm doing the sessions.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#2 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM

That's great! How many sessions are you doing? Sounds like it was a good experience already. Don't worry about what your hubby thinks! Ha ha!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#3 of 7 Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

we don't have a set amount of sessions. Plan on going once a week & she said the sessions will be longer toward the end. She's really flexible so she said it just depends on the person so I might feel like I need more or less sessions & we'll see how I feel later on. Hubby's nice, he just thinks it's a little odd. He's all for drug-free/natural labor. But I'm just the type of person that needs some type of strategy or plan or I will feel lost & more anxiety. She wants him to come w/ me one time toward the end.

SAHM. BF
#4 of 7 Old 10-29-2010, 12:03 PM

Once he sees the benefit, I'm sure he'll be spreading the word about how great it is!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#5 of 7 Old 10-31-2010, 05:36 PM

Sounds really neat. What's the exact aim of the sessions? Is it to teach you relaxation techniques to help you during labor? Or is it about processing and understanding your nervousness about labor? Either way, it's great to be able to take some time to chill out and relax. That's always good! I'm sure doing this is going to be really helpful for you during labor.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
#6 of 7 Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 PM
myk

SO cool!

January 2011
#7 of 7 Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Relaxation techniques & understanding anxiety/nervousness. I'm already a very anxious person. I would like to use what I learn to have a drug-free labor if possible. I don't have a lot of anxiety about labor except that I'm attempting drug-free this time, which is diff than last time. Lots of mine is about after the baby gets here & handling a toddler & being far away from family. And this time i'm aSAHM & last time I went to back to work. Left when DS was about 1.

SAHM. BF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page