Moon patterns and labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I remember looking these up in my last pregnancy and it was fun to look for patterns. Anyone tend to favor a certain moon phase for past deliveries?

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_p...calendar.phtml

#1: October 31, 1997 - New Moon - 41w0d
#2: March 10, 2005 (induced) - New Moon 41w3d
#3: June 4, 2008 born - 2:25m into the day after the New Moon on June 3rd 41w5d, labored the entire day of the 3rd.

Will be interesting to see if this baby comes January 4th at 41w1d on the new moon.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 AM

yes I had cntx every new & full moon for the last 3 months of the pregnancy. Went into labor on the full moon, ds was born the following day.

expecting the same this time around which would mean a 1/19 baby

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 
#3 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 01:07 PM

Trippy! Both of my prior kid were born within a full moon... If this one comes "on time" ten it will be too. But I overbake, so chances are this one might be a new moon baby or somewhere in between.
#4 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hmmm, interesting. I'm not sure I have the names correct, but both my dd and ds were born on a waxing crescent moon, same size sliver. If this one comes close to the same, he will be born on the 8-9 of January. I don't want those days! My niece was born on the 7th, trying to give her room around her birthday!

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
and another A due July 2015!!!!
#5 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 PM

My first was born 3 days before the new moon at 37+4 weeks. If this one follows that pattern, baby will be born Jan 1st at 37 weeks, OR Jan 31st at 41+2.
#6 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
DDCC - Everyone in my family was born between the new and first quarter. I'm due exactly on December's new moon and the first quarter is 8 days later. If this baby follows the family pattern he'll come sometime in those 8 days.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#7 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 03:36 PM

Both of my children were born late right after a half moon.

DD = born two days after half moon at 41w1d I was induced but was starting to dialate.

DS = born one day after the half moon but my labor started on the evening of the half moon at 41w1d (why did I think he was born at 42 weeks?)

This baby is due 3 days before a new moon and the half moon would put me at almost 42 weeks EEK! With a VBAC my providers have all said they don't like this idea. However, with my son I was starting to dialate at 35 weeks. Starting at 37 weeks which was just over a half moon I was having labor off an on until he was born his position just wasn't ideal so my labor never got full blown.

So hopefully this baby can come during the dec half moon which would be 37w4d.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#8 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 04:54 PM

interesting...that's not the moon phase i remember with my first :headscratch
So, according to this, my first was born at a waning crescent, but I remember looking at a full moon while walking in labor? I should ask my ex if he remembers.
My second was born at the waxing crescent according to this...and it was raining that day/the day before/the day after.
My third was definitely born at the full moon.

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#9 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 06:26 PM

interesting. ODD was induced so I don't know if that is accurate for us. Buy ydd was spontaneous and if the moon phase is exactly the same for this lo then it will be my due date of 1/11/11

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#10 of 12 Old 10-31-2010, 08:21 AM

DDCC - Yes, both of my kids were born during the waning moon...and this one is due during the waning moon!
#11 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 AM

I used a different utility to check moon phases that also had time zone, etc in consideration, even time of day (but does that really make any difference for moon phase?) and saw that my son, myself, my DH, and my mother, were all born in the new moon. My sister and grandmother were born in the full moon.
My DD was a 38 week induction/cesarean, so we'll never know when she would have been born naturally, but her induction/cesarean happened at around a half moon.

But my midwife says in her experience (30+) years, she sees more new moon than full moon influence. So far, in my family, that seems to hold. But it's interesting to see what others' experiences are, because hospital lore is always about the full moon, isn't it?

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#12 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchynerd View Post
I used a different utility to check moon phases that also had time zone, etc in consideration, even time of day (but does that really make any difference for moon phase?)
All the moon phases (new moon, first quarter, full moon, third quarter ...) happen at a specific time. (Assuming that time is discreet, which is isn't, but that is a whole nother conversation ) You know sometimes how it seems like there is a full moon for two days in a row? It is because the full moon actually happened during the day, and the preceding and following nights it was almost full and then just past full. This is also why time zones are taken into account. If the full moon happens at exactly 22:05 EST, that would be 20:05 MST. It isn't really important, except for astronomical stuff, or for performing pagan rituals.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page