Bad day!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So im 30 weeks yesterday and had my fortnightly OB appointment today, Dr asked me if anything has been going on and I tell him about my constant painful BH contrax, Dr said, they shouldnt be constant or painful and begins to exam me. Dr then say, if her head drops any lower we are in big trouble, not really the words you want to hear out of drs mouth!!

Dr prescribes me meds to prevent preterm labour and tells me to start them straight away, and thinks he can get me through to 34 weeks!! (so not what I want to hear). Happy for me to keep working for the next 3 weeks but cease exercising.

Go to pharmacy on way back to work and take my first tablet. Within half hour have a reaction to the meds, ring midwife who says to ring dr cos its not a normal reaction. Dr says stop taking meds and stop working immediately.

So im freaking out knowing that if I go into labour, nothing can stop it!

I also know that I have completely over done it and need to take it easy, but my husband is still away with the so i have been working full time shift work and juggling my other two children with minimal/no support. I really shouldn't be surprised that this has happened!!

I ended up ringing my husbands unit, as he has been out of contact. They are working together to get him home by tomorrow.

I know it could be alot worse and I could be put on bed rest or admitted to hospital but im still freaking out. Im praying that things slow down and resolve when DH gets home and I can rest!!

Sorry for the essay but needed to vent!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Hugs, Mama. This does sound stressful. Is your cervix dilating, too? I hope you're able to rest, things resolve naturally, and we hear about your full-term, healthy birth in 10 weeks.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
#3 of 6 Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yikes!! I hope everything calms down in there! I have painful BH also, but I think I had it with both my other kids, and nothing happened.
~~~calm uterus vibes~~~

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
and another A due July 2015!!!!
#4 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 AM

I'm no expert, far from it, but from what i have heard on other threads there is more than one drug they can use to halt early labor, so at least you can hopefully worry less that if they really need to they have more tools in there pocket.

Hang in there, must be stressful with DH away, do whatever you can to take it easy.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Hopefully your husband is home soon to help out! Do you have any friends who can help in the meantime?

I know in the US there are a few different drugs they can use to try to stop pre-term labor, but some of them require hospitalization. Hopefully babe stays put for a bit longer!

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#6 of 6 Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 AM

more calm uterus vibes being sent your way

Amara ~ Married to my HS sweetheart, we're having a blast with baby Z (1/29/2011)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page