fall down the stairs, trip to LD and a big whine. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm having the worst run of luck lately! I just need a hug!

Last week, I went to target on my lunch hour with the idea of getting some 'supplies' so i wouldn't have to go out for lunch; and I wouldn't have to remember to sack my lunch. I have spd, so I make every bit of walking count. I was limping all over the store, and when I got out to my car a gust of wind toppled my cart, into my car leaving a dent, and spilling all my groceries. I right sided cart, even though it hurt like hell, and then loaded all my stuff in teh car. Only to have the car not start. I had to take everything back out, and wait out front for a coworker to come and get me.

On sunday I fell down the stairs. On sunday night, I had some blood in my poop.

I called my OB on monday morning. They chewed me out for not calling the day before (even though I felt *fine*), and told me I had to go to the hospital. I asked them repeatedly if I could come into the office instead and they said no. This one visit will cost at least 1000 dollars (I'm out of pocket), and they didn't even wait for the results of all labs. I was poked and prodded (quite literally, this was the most bruising sono I've ever had), and left the hospital in worse shape than I was in before.

I'm just so frustrated. I hurt so bad. My son will. not. sleep at night, and even though my husband does all the night duty, I wake up faster than he does. It hurts so bad to get in and out of bed, or I would do the night duty myself. Yesterday when DS started crying I got out of bed, (DH sleeps with with DS on a mattress on the floor). Only to hurt myself so badly that I felt like my middle was going to fall apart. After giving DS his bottle, DH came and rubbed my back while I cried myself to sleep.

I know I'm feeling sorry for myself, I have so much to be great ful for. But in the middle of the night, all I could think of is that none of this would be happening if I wasn't pregnant. I'd be able to nurse my son, we'd all get a good night sleep. Both dh and I wouldn't be in trouble at work, constantly, because we are always cutting corners. A few missed days from the nanny wouldn't be an emergency because we're already missing so much work for pregnancy related things. And I'd be able to enjoy the last bit of DS's babyhood.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#2 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mama, sorry your having such a bad day. I hope it gets better.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#3 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM

Aww, mama!

Even with all the mishaps (the stairs, omg!) I'm glad you are doing mostly okay. Luck like that just plain sucks.

#4 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM

Hugs to you, mama. My midwife was commenting the other day that life seems hard all around lately...something about Saturn (placenta brain). Hopefully this planetary whatever passes soon, and life can get back to non-sucky for everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#5 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 10:51 PM

I'm sorry things are so stinky for u right now. My bff said she felt stressed/anxious all the time. And as soon as baby#2 was born it was like relief. Even if it was lack of sleep and all that other stuff that comes w/ a newborn. I keep saying that I'll have the same thing-sudden relief.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#6 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#7 of 9 Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks to all of you!

I just feel tired. I also know that this is the same point in my last pregnancy when I had a big emotional freak out, but this time I think I'm justified. lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica82 View Post
I'm sorry things are so stinky for u right now. My bff said she felt stressed/anxious all the time. And as soon as baby#2 was born it was like relief. Even if it was lack of sleep and all that other stuff that comes w/ a newborn. I keep saying that I'll have the same thing-sudden relief.
I know... Ikeep thinking that once she's out, i'm planning on doing everything possible to be walking/lifting/turning without pain. It will be almost two years since I was able to roll over in bed without pain, but come feb 2011, I'm going to be there!

I just need to keep my eye on the prize. One nice thing was that I saw a teeny tiny new born in the LD while I was there. It's a baby friendly hospital, so it's rare that you see baby's just out in the hall, but we sighted one! DH was like 'is that a baby, or just a roll of blankets'. I've been feeling so sorry for myself lately, that I forgot that we get a cute 'lil squishy baby out of this!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#8 of 9 Old 11-03-2010, 02:39 AM

Big hugs mama.

Please know that you are not alone in your daily struggles right now. Many of us are there with you. And you are not whining. You are voicing your feelings in search of sanity and survival. Nothing wrong with that.

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#9 of 9 Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM

I'd say it's perfectly understandable that you're feeling frazzled with what you've been through lately. Breathe and go slowly, mama. Big hugs.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page