November Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2010, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting one because nobody else has yet.

How is everyone doing? The holidays are fast approaching. Anybody hosting Thanksgiving and starting their menu planning yet?

I went to the midwife today. Baby is doing good. Of course. And I'm measuring a few weeks ahead still. Everyone is saying this child will be enormous. I do grow pretty big (for GA) babies. But there's a lot of doubt milling around the family to how big of a baby can fit in my belly. I had to remind everyone that people carry twins and triplets, so I'm sure I can manage.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 01:21 PM

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year! I can't wait. I love to cook, and not having to drive four hours to my Mom's is a relief.

On the baby front. We are doing well. My biggest issue is that my hips go numb when I lie on my side during the night . I didn't get any sleep the other night for this very reason. I guess it could be nature's way of saying "get use to it."

I've been lurking on other DDC's and it is interesting and a blessing to see how far we've come in relation to later DDC's. I'm so much more relaxed and not so worried now. I really feel fortunate that I am here and I am almost to the point in this journey where I will meet and welcome a new member to our family. Here's hoping everyone is doing well and life is treating you right!

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM

I have no idea what we're doing for Thanksgiving. We've only been married a year and a half, and last year we visited my family so I didn't have to think about it. Hopefully my husband's relatives in the area will invite us over, because I can't cook!

In other news, I'm starting my Hypnobabies class on Saturday. Very excited! I got my first CD in the mail yesterday and it was broken, and I nearly cried (lol, hormones,) but the instructor said it was okay. I'm looking forward to learning some ways to calm myself, since I'm still having paranoid worries about stillbirth. I'm also still suffering back pain but luckily I'm able to relax a lot, and am not on my feet all day.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 PM

Yay! I love Thanksgiving! We're driving back to my home state on Thanksgiving day, and then going to celebrate with my mom either Friday or Saturday. The 11 hour drive is really going to suck(my poor hips!), but it has to be done. My sister is expecting her baby late this month, and she really wants me there. Just so happens Thanksgiving is the only day we'll be able to make the drive. *sigh* But I am SUPER excited to be present for her birth. I was there with the birth of her daughter(first baby), as well. I am selfishly hoping her baby stays put for me to get there! We're hoping that this time she'll get to be present at m birth as well... I might just end up staying out there(we're in moving limbo, staying with the in-laws) to birth, rather than coming back. I don't really know.

As far as how I'm doing... Feeling very good trucking along with my UP. Carrying this baby WAY LOWER than I ever did my other two, so my hips and lower back suffer. But doing pretty well.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Driving 4-5 hours north to NY for thanksgiving with grandparents, just the 4 of us, should be very low key weekend. Actually going out for dinner so no one has to cook.
I reallly love cooking thanksgiving but they can't travel and I want to spend time with them more than I want to make a big dinner.

Finally starting to unpack in my new place, a bit slower than i wish since I'm also starting to feel sooooooooo very preggo. Midwife said I was measuring 38cm fundal. Up from 29( measured by someone else) just 3 weekd ago, so yeah growing is an understatement!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:53 PM

I am feeling fine for the most part, finally measuring where I should, 32.5 @ 32 weeks, where I *had* been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead. However my blood pressure is right on the cusp of elevated (diastolic #was 90), but I get consistantly lower numbers on myself (118/78), so I don't know if I have white coat syndrome, or if remembering to take my vitamins is helping lower it. I also started spilling trace amounts of protein, so I am pretty nervous about my appointment in 2 weeks. I also think I may have a mild UTI. So I am hoping I can get things under control and really push the fluids and impress her on the 15th.

For Thanksgiving my husband's aunt invited us over 2 1/2 hours away, so we will be heading there Wednesday afternoon. Kind of surprised my mom didn't invite us, but oh well. She's 6 hours away so my back is grateful. I am happy not to be cooking while almost 9 months pregnant.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM

I'm doing well here. Baby is pretty active but seems to be mostly in a head-down position and I think his back is on my right side. My bump is a little bit bigger on my right than my left. I have a fairly sore spot on my right hip and I wonder if is just my body balancing the extra weight.

We'll probably be doing 2 Thanksgivings this year. My parents are cooking a meal for the homeless charity they work with so we will celebrate with them on Friday and my mom will cook for us. We'll probably have my IL's here on Thursday and my BIL and his family will be in town also (they will be staying with my IL's). I think we will probably end up ordering out for dinner which isn't what I prefer (I love to cook and I enjoy making holiday dinners), but having my MIL host/cook is way too stressful for everyone and I'm not supposed be on my feet for that long. Oh well. Maybe I can make a couple of easy side dishes to fulfill my cooking desires.

I want to have baby's room ready in the next 6 weeks, so I really need to start working on it!

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Old 11-04-2010, 12:19 PM

I'm not sure what we're doing. Our 1st yr so far away during all the holidays. I'll be traveling w/ DS 2 weekends beforehand for a baby shower. A lady that used to work across from my hubby transferred here too & she invited us. Not sure if we'll do that. If not, I'll probably cook a huge meal just for the 3 of us. I don't mind too much b/c I'm still feeling pretty good & I enjoy cooking.

Baby-everything looking scheduled according to last apt. I think my weight gain has slowed a little so we'll see next week. Having a shower back "home" in NC & very excited.But baby doesn't have her own room, so we def need to buy a dresser/armoir b/c I have clean clothes for her already but nowhere to put them.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 PM

Is anyone out there still throwing up? I threw up this morning out of nowhere. I also threw up a few weeks ago. Better than multiple times a day lilke in the first trimester but I can't believe I'm still throwing up from time to time. And still taking Zofran....

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:35 PM

everything's been going fine here except for the fact that my insurance has decided to start rejecting my midwife claims. They were doing just fine for a few months and we were so happy with the coverage as it was occurring. Now we have to resort to threatening them with switching -- which may or may not work.
But if they're going to be this stingy with prenatal care, they don't deserve our premiums!

what makes it all worse is that I just watched 'Sicko' for the first time a few weeks ago. Getting to see all those Europeans with their carefree births and no insurance hassles whatsoever made me so jealous!

gemasita, hope you feel better soon! I started feeling nauseous last week every so often, but no throwing up. Think I needed to up my food intake.

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
Old 11-04-2010, 03:20 PM

gemasita----right there with you. I threw up yesterday, too, and often feel nauseous, and I, too, still take zofran.... ugh. Hatin' it.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 PM

I haven't been throwing up...I, uh, have a similar problem at the other end. EVERYTHING upsets my stomach (processed or natural...I've tried both)

We're getting over a cold here. Bleh

Going out of town this weekend. 5 hour drive. This will be sort of a test run for me for T-Day...DH's family is 4 hours away (I'll be 32 weeks) Christmas will be the most "fun" drive at 36 weeks. Kinda not looking forward to it.

I'm doing a meal glucose test tomorrow. Basically, I eat over 75 grams of glucose and then MW will do a blood draw 2 hours later. She wants to check my CBCs as well (since she'll already have the needle in my arm lol)

My hips ache when I sleep all.the.time. No position is good enough for more than an hour or so.

I'm tired of peeing all the freaking time. I swear my son's first sentence will be "Mommy has to potty" because he hears it a million times a day.

I can't take baths anymore because I feel like a beached whale SOOO not sexy! (I don't care WHAT DH says...I am not sexy! :P )

I'm nervous about a natural birth. My first was drugged all to hell so I have zero idea of what to expect.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM

I am not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving. We have a house that is big enough to hold Big Daddys family but... they usually rent the basement of a library it is so impersonal. Big Daddy is miffed that they asked for the basement again. I think my mom will live here by then so my house will be very clean I LOVE cooking and having people over for holidays. Oh yeah there is also that I have a much better kitchen than the basement of the library has. I have 2 ovens, a warming drawer and a comercial stove. (sounds fancy but we did all the work ourselves on a flood house and got amazing deals on appliances. the warming drawer was 90% off. and the commercial stove was used off craigslist.) I don't really care either way but I kind of want it at my house.

On the baby front I think I am going to have an "oops" almost UC hb. My doula is an assistant midwife and we talked about the possibility of her being a "doula plus" This would be my dream birth. We just need to see what she wants to charge for it and if we can come up with the money. Big Daddy doesn't want my mom or my sister here if we do that tho. he said we would put my mom up in a hotel. I don't really want my mom here for the birth, she would add stress but how in the world do I tell her that? I think sending her to a hotel with DD would work. What other options are there than a hotel?

BIg Momma
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 AM

Hahahahhahahaha

So I'm just laying on the couch, head on my Dh's lap all comfy...
Noticed but only kinda that my arm I was laying on was damp, thought maybe I was getting sweaty?
few minutes later got us to get some water(hoping to get some BH to go away) and while in the kitchen I notice my wet arm again and while wiping it off, I notice there is a 5 inch wet spot on my shirt!!!!!

Hahahahah a guess my boobs are working, and i guess I need to stop squishing them when I lay on the couch!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:16 AM

I just noticed that my November calendar is packed full. I hope it makes the month go by fast. I am getting so anxious for January 1st!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
Hahahahhahahaha

So I'm just laying on the couch, head on my Dh's lap all comfy...
Noticed but only kinda that my arm I was laying on was damp, thought maybe I was getting sweaty?
few minutes later got us to get some water(hoping to get some BH to go away) and while in the kitchen I notice my wet arm again and while wiping it off, I notice there is a 5 inch wet spot on my shirt!!!!!

Hahahahah a guess my boobs are working, and i guess I need to stop squishing them when I lay on the couch!
I've never had mine start working before the baby came. That's funny.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 11-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Had a bit more leak while sleeping. I've never had a baby before so nothing to compare to. I assume this is ok, right?

Old 11-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
Had a bit more leak while sleeping. I've never had a baby before so nothing to compare to. I assume this is ok, right?
You're having twins right? Maybe your boobs are working overtime! I have heard of leaks pre-birth, but I've never had it happen (and my milk was in by day two)

Anyone else low on oxygen? I get dizzy/tired spells because I can't breathe!

I have a UTI. *sigh* I got one with DS at this EXACT point during pregnancy...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Anyone else low on oxygen? I get dizzy/tired spells because I can't breathe!
YES! I was talking to DH on the phone and I was picking up things around the house as I was talking to him. He asked if I was running a marathon.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21 View Post
YES! I was talking to DH on the phone and I was picking up things around the house as I was talking to him. He asked if I was running a marathon.
I think it depends on how he's laying...but yeah, I got so oxygen deprived earlier I had to lay down all stretched out on my left side. I was dizzy and really sleepy. It's annoying!

On exercise (including sex actually): Does anyone else get cramps? Like that "I ate and went swimming" kind of cramp?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:12 PM

i get really low o2 feeling often, its the thing that slows me down the most, leaning over is a big culprit for me, not fun when you are attempting to unpack a house.

as for cramping, my after sex cramp is i think i ligiment thing, its my right side all the way down in front of my hip, in that notch, im guessing that is where things contect and they are getting pulled a bit, it thankfully goes away pretty fast.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 PM

One more week until my next midwife appointment and I am pretty anxious. My BP was borderline last visit and it seemed like she was very ready to risk me out. I don't remember what my top number was, but it was less than 140. My bottom number was 90. I got scolded for not remembering to mention that I was on BP medicine for about a year when my son was a baby four years ago. She kept making comments like "You could still have a beautiful hospital birth". WTF!? Just the idea makes me cry. BTDT, I would not call either of my hospital experiences beautiful. I have no other symptoms of pre-e, and my BP has not increased much, it started out around 120/80. I have NO clue what I will do if I get discharged from her care at 34 weeks. OMG, no wonder my BP is high, I am flipping just thinking of it!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM

oh hugs, that does sound like it would raise the BP all by itself!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
One more week until my next midwife appointment and I am pretty anxious. My BP was borderline last visit and it seemed like she was very ready to risk me out. I don't remember what my top number was, but it was less than 140. My bottom number was 90. I got scolded for not remembering to mention that I was on BP medicine for about a year when my son was a baby four years ago. She kept making comments like "You could still have a beautiful hospital birth". WTF!? Just the idea makes me cry. BTDT, I would not call either of my hospital experiences beautiful. I have no other symptoms of pre-e, and my BP has not increased much, it started out around 120/80. I have NO clue what I will do if I get discharged from her care at 34 weeks. OMG, no wonder my BP is high, I am flipping just thinking of it!
Have you tried decreasing your salt intake? Even if it's not "high" it could be a factor. And have you taken it at non visits? (Like those things at Walmart or something) Maybe it *is* nerves.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM

I have been taking it myself manually at home 3x a day and each time I go to Safeway or whatnot and it is FINE! I am also increasing my water, decreasing sodium, and increasing protein and I am still getting pretty much the same readings I always have at home.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Does she know that you take it and it's fine?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM

My mom is coming up for Thanksgiving, yay! She is the only family member who never annoys me. (Ok, hardly ever ) We will likely be having a full Thanksgiving, with me, DH, DD, our au pair, and my mom. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, green beans, probably white mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, pecan pie ... yummo. I also have gotten enough coupons from the supermarket (translate, spent enough money there) to get a free full Thanksgiving meal, although it would be a little less "homemade" than what we usually do. I am trying to find a shelter or something to donate the stuff to.

Pregnancy is trucking along. BP was a little high last time at the midwife's office, but I take it weekly and it is always around 120/75. I dreamed the other night that my belly was a little bit transparent, and I could look in and see two babies inside. Then I woke up. Ha!

I get BH from sex. And orgasms from other activities. I just suffer through it.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 PM

Potassium and magnesium can also lower blood pressure. Morton's Lite Salt is a form of potassium... I'd try putting a hefty pinch of that in some water before visits, and dosing up on mag also!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post
I get BH from sex. And orgasms from other activities. I just suffer through it.
*haha* Other activities? Lucky gal. I was having some really wild dreams that were taking care of things for me, but now I'm gettin' nuthin. And sex is just awkward.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongBeliever View Post
*haha* Other activities? Lucky gal. I was having some really wild dreams that were taking care of things for me, but now I'm gettin' nuthin. And sex is just awkward.
I had a CRAZY one last week. Without UAVing, let's just say that in my dream, my experience and prowess led me to give lessons ... haha!

User Tag List