I'm cranky... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...an OT vent.
My landlord just called to complain about my broken screen door, and because I haven't done dishes in about three days.
Really? A broken screen door? What about the BARE WIRES hanging from my kids' bedroom ceiling where you were supposed to re-install a fixture NINE MONTHS AGO?!
And if you know I haven't done the dishes, that means you were in my apartment, unauthourized, which translates to trespassing. Yes, dear landlord, I actually read my lease, in which it clearly states that it IS trespassing on your part if I do not recieve prior notice, unless there is an emergency...and then you must leave a notice that you have been there, which I also did not recieve.

k. I'm done. Thanks for listening, mamas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#2 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 12:15 AM

that sucks. rant away!

Big Momma
#3 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 01:37 AM

UGH!! That would piss me off to no end.... I would probably be sued if my landlord tried that crap, because I am pretty sure my Great Dane would attack them. We also have work orders uncompleted from March, April, June, July (that I just did myself), and now I have no power outlets in my bathroom. Nothing like bare wires though, just bare bulbs from a fixture that fell near inches from my 5 year old's son back in June that I have complained about 5 times.

So now what are you going to do??

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#4 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM

Uhhh what business is it of your landlords that you haven't done the dishes??? I'd be PO'd as well...and that's a little creepy.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#5 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsez2u View Post
Uhhh what business is it of your landlords that you haven't done the dishes??? I'd be PO'd as well...and that's a little creepy.
Totally creepy! I'd be really mad...

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#6 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Another vote for totally creepy and out of line. Certainly none of his business. To re-word that... He's got NO business even knowing that kind of thing, let alone saying anything about something that is part of your personal private life. I'd totally be talking to whoever might be able to do something about that. What's next? Chewing you out because you own thong underwear or something?
#7 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsez2u View Post
agreed! Also how does he know it has been three days since you did the dishes? AND! Why does he care about your dishes! Rant away!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#8 of 8 Old 11-05-2010, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

I'm a little calmer about it today. Still pissed, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't punch him in the throat if he showed up. But even if DP doesn't get the job transfer we're hoping for in a couple of months, I'm pushing to move anyway. Nothing gets fixed inside the apartments, he complains about tnnants to the other tennants, and the guy who does the yard is super-creepy. Besides, DP picked this place out before we were together, and failed to notice there's no dishwasher :P
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page