I feel so distracted - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-05-2010, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is a pregnancy thing, and it goes away when the baby is born, but I feel so distracted and out-of-it. I am having a hard time having interest in stuff, even my daughter I am not depressed, it's not like I don't want interest, it's like I am in a fog. I just want to zone out and daydream. I can't concentrate on anything. Anyone else go through this?

Otherwise I am excited and happy and can't believe I only have a few weeks, so I don't think it's depression.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#2 of 7 Old 11-05-2010, 07:07 PM

I have the same exact problem. It's making me feel guilty for not getting enough done in these last few weeks! It's not always like a fog for me, but more like my brain is just less sharp... like I need some caffeine to jumpstart it or something. (and I haven't had caffeine in nearly 2 years.)

there are lists of things I need to do for work and baby prep, and I feel stuck in a permanent stall. Is this what pregnancy brain is? are we just storing up mental energy for when baby comes?

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#3 of 7 Old 11-05-2010, 07:13 PM

That sounds like it falls under the placenta brain category to me I can't walk into a room without forgetting why...I have begun narrating my life out loud at home, so that my partner knows what I was doing and remind me!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#4 of 7 Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Me too! I am moving at a slow pace through a fog recently. Totally killed my car battery this morning dropping the kids off at school because I left the headlights on, even though the car yells at you when you do this. I am a grade A space case.
Wait, what were we talking about?

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
#5 of 7 Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJenese View Post
Me too! I am moving at a slow pace through a fog recently. Totally killed my car battery this morning dropping the kids off at school because I left the headlights on, even though the car yells at you when you do this. I am a grade A space case.
Wait, what were we talking about?

My car battery is dead too because I was deep cleaning my van and left the radio playing. Of course I *had* to park in the middle of both parking spots and now it is going to be a PITA to jump it. I may or may not have been brooding that hubby accused me of nesting because I was mad I cannot clean around here without the pregnancy getting blamed.... made me feel like he thinks I never clean. Okay, I may have been nesting. He's going to tease me so much.

I also spaced making dinner again, lasagna so I need two hours to make it and now I am too exhausted to make it. I cannot even count how many times I have spaced getting my kindergartner off the bus these last few weeks.

I feel like I took cold medicine, remember that old commercial asking if you feel in a fog? Disconnected? (As the balloon head floats away) Yeah. That is me.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#6 of 7 Old 11-06-2010, 11:57 AM

Me too, it sucks. I'm in lalaland over here. I haven't slept well in a few nights though, can't get comfortable, so maybe thats contributing in my case. I NEED sleep, like you can't imagine. I don't want to be around myself when I get that cranky, lol.
I just wish I could focus, feels like there is so much to do, so little time left!!

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#7 of 7 Old 11-12-2010, 07:30 PM

I came home tonight to a notice in the mail that an account I never use was 60 days past due with a balance I forgot I had and whose statements are emailed to an address I never check.  What was a $70 balance ended up costing me $150 after late fees and interest charges.  I tried to pay it online, but they were asking all these personal questions ... why did your account go past due??  Where is your income coming from??  How has your situation changed so this won't happen again??  Where is the extra income coming from to pay the balance??  They didn't have the "I'm pregnant and I forgot what I charged, where I charged it, how much it was, or that I had to pay" option.  

:(

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page