My turn for thought on a name :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so big daddy and I are having some serious difficulty coming up with a name for this little man inside me. We have an idea that we don't hate witch is better than any other name we have tried. so.... here is it.

Broderick Robert we would call him Brody.

Our last name rhymes with Penis (well just take the P off really and spell it differently) so it is very hard to get a good name. Do you think he will be picked on? I know every child gets picked on but I don't want his first name to start with a P. What are your thoughts? Oh Robert is a family name.

Big Momma
#2 of 9 Old 11-05-2010, 09:09 PM

I like it alot. I haven't heard that first name in awhile.

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#3 of 9 Old 11-05-2010, 10:09 PM

I like it too. I actually never realized Brody was short for Broderick.

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#4 of 9 Old 11-05-2010, 10:56 PM

I like the name Broderick! I think it is a great name to grow with a baby into adulthood.

Someone I used to work with had a grandson named Broderick and she liked because, as she said, he could be a sports star: "and Brody gets the touchdown!" or a senator "and now we will hear from Senator Broderick".

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#5 of 9 Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM96 View Post
I like the name Broderick! I think it is a great name to grow with a baby into adulthood.

Someone I used to work with had a grandson named Broderick and she liked because, as she said, he could be a sports star: "and Brody gets the touchdown!" or a senator "and now we will hear from Senator Broderick".
I think that is part of why I like it. I like longer names that can be shortened or not depending on what the person who has it wants. DD's name can be shortened about 5 differant ways easily or left as given. Big Daddy usually likes shorter names that are just what you name them but I like giving the person an option, maybe that is because I don't have an option with my name.

Oh yeah I also like that it isn't super common but it sounds classic. well to me at least.
Big Momma
#6 of 9 Old 11-06-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigfam View Post
I think that is part of why I like it. I like longer names that can be shortened or not depending on what the person who has it wants. DD's name can be shortened about 5 differant ways easily or left as given. Big Daddy usually likes shorter names that are just what you name them but I like giving the person an option, maybe that is because I don't have an option with my name.

Oh yeah I also like that it isn't super common but it sounds classic. well to me at least.
Big Momma
None of my kids have nicknames and I prefer that. However, that comes from the fact that my given name is Elizabeth but my nickname is Lisa. It is an "accepted" nickname for Elizabeth, but nobody realizes that and there have been times when it caused confusion. That is why I also have the rule that we will never name a kid something and then call him/her by their middle name.

My son's name is a classic name but not too common. We could make a nickname from it, but his name suits him as is. Although, it did take us a few weeks to really get used to calling him by his name because it seemed like such a big name for a tiny baby!

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#7 of 9 Old 11-06-2010, 02:36 AM

I LOVE BRODY!

That was our choice if we had a boy but this one is a Hannah.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#8 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 AM

I like how Brody Robert sounds, but Broderick Robert is a little jarring with the rod/rob sounds.

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#9 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 AM

Ahh crap, double post greensad.gif

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page