No rest for the weary... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-08-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know about you guys but I am NOT sleeping well. It was the numbness in my hips and here lately I have been waking up for no apparent reason at all. I toss and turn through out the night. I am of the thought that it is Mother Natures way of saying "get use to it, your not going to get any sleep for a looong time." You know it's bad when instead of fantasizing about a tall frosty glass (or two) of really great tasting beer or fantastic unencumbered sex, you longingly dream about uninterrupted, blissful, sleep...sigh.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#2 of 5 Old 11-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Same here for a week at least now. I'm getting up at least 2/3x to go to the bathroom. And my 2 1/2 yr old has been having sleeping issues for almost 2 months. It's like I dread going to bed b/c it's not even restful... But that beer does sound good.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#3 of 5 Old 11-08-2010, 04:04 PM

Same here! This baby WILL NOT let me sleep on my side. Either side. I try every night, and he has this little fit, kicking and wiggling around until I flip onto my back. I don't sleep very well once I'm on my back, but that's the only way I'm getting any sleep right now.

Hi, I'm Aileen!

Wife to Lance, Mama to Elijah superhero.gif,Gideon learning.gif, and Jasper slingboy.gif.

#4 of 5 Old 11-08-2010, 10:52 PM

I upped the number of pelvic rocks I do before bed from 40 to 75 because I had started have problems with sciatica, but besides helping with the sciatica I've also started sleeping longer, sounder stretches.

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

#5 of 5 Old 11-09-2010, 04:23 AM

I get that hip pain at night, too. Sometimes I wake up so sore that I think, "Good lord, have my hips just broken and collapsed onto each other?" Then, since I'm awake from the soreness, my body realizes it has to pee, so I have to roll my cracking self out of bed and to the bathroom for the fourth time. Joy.

Other than that, though, everything is fine. Really, though, I'm glad babe and I are healthy -- I don't have much to complain about. But, yes, I understand the grouchiness about nighttime and sleep.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page