31 weeks and some days and BOTH babies are breech! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just frustrated.

I have been PRAYING not to have to have c-section and the closer I get to the end, the more it looks like one will be in my future.

I need methods that will get these babies turned around!!!

I've been moody all day, and know that I shouldn't but I'm so scared of surgery it's pathetic.

Any advice?

Natashacd.gifafro.jpg - wife to Mr. Nicholes, mom to the Cellist(13) the Ladybug(4) and the Twizzlers (2)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 AM

It's still kind of early yet. And you only need baby A to turn since baby B will have all that space to move around after A is out and likely will, so you can have both babies vaginally. Even if baby B stays breech, once you've delivered one baby, I've heard it's safer to deliver the second one breech because everything is opened up. Anyway... I haven't had this issue, but I hear a lot of mamas suggest spinningbabies.com. GL.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#3 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 08:32 AM

I just read in the Dr. Sears Pregnancy Book that because of the shape of the uterus, it's more comfortable for the baby(ies) to hang out in a breech position until about 34 weeks.  That made me feel better since all my kicks are down low!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#4 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 09:59 AM

well i can tell you that with my twins, currently at 29 weeks, they are still moving a ton, baby B actually flipped one in the waiting room and again while they were U/S him yesterday, very uncomfortable but amazing to see that he can still do that in there.

im guessing they have time

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

I am hoping that they still have time. But Baby A (which is slated to come first) seems to be the more stubborn of the two. I'm just a bit scared I guess, since anything surgery related makes me nervous. I was the same way when I had to have a hernia repair with my daughter while I was pregnant with her. Thanks for the assurance ladies - some of the comments that I have gotten from others haven't been as caring as these.

My favorite:

Oh well, at least you don't have to push!

Natashacd.gifafro.jpg - wife to Mr. Nicholes, mom to the Cellist(13) the Ladybug(4) and the Twizzlers (2)

#6 of 9 Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 AM
mra

You might consider finding a chiropractor that is certified in the Webster technique, which helps to turn breech babies, just in case you get closer and they are still both breech.

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

#7 of 9 Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 AM

I'm sorry your stressing.  I can relate, although I'm not having twins.  I have a low lying placenta that may cause me to have to have a c-section.  It was a complete previa and moved to 7mm away from the cervix at 27 weeks and by 32 weeks is still sitting at 7mm away.  At 37 weeks I will be told weather it has moved enough to try for a vaginal delivery or if I will be scheduled for a section.  I have finally come to terms with the fact I may not have a choice in this matter.  I have decided to write a birth plan for both scenarios so that I feel prepared.  At this point the most stressful thing is not knowing which way it will go.

I suggest reading up on birth plans for a section.  That is what helped me calm down a bit.  We will just have to see what they say about how much I want to change their surgery into my birth.

Good luck and I hope that both your little ones turn head down.

#8 of 9 Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 AM

I have no advice, but just wanted to say that I'm in the same position as you(or at least my girls are!) 

I'm 30 wks and they're both breech.  They've been that way all along.  I'm running out of hope that they'll turn and accepting the fact that I'll have to have  a c/s. 

#9 of 9 Old 11-14-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

@ livinzoo - I guess that's part of my fear - not knowing which way my birth experience can go. WIth my first two children, I had natural labor and kind of controlled when I went into the hospital - yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't want a scheduled c/s because it takes the surprise out of birth. Does that make sense? I want them here healthy, and I know that sometimes somethings are medically necessary (because I wouldn't want to do an UB or a homebirth with two breech babies - it's out of my comfort zone) but I'm just scared of surgery for the most part.

@NP2B - Aw mama, then I know your position. I have my monthly ultrasound to see positioning tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed. For both of us.

@MRA - I've researched that method, but I have to see if hubby's insurance will cover it. We're not able to pay OOP for it at this moment in time. Thanks though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page