feeling a little discouraged - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have felt so amazing this pregnancy compared to my others, and had really high hopes that I would finally get to just have a normal pregnancy.

Over the weekend, I had some preterm labor- ctx, a little bleeding, all that jazz.  I was able to stop it at home with some advice from my midwife, but I'm 3 cm now, and I'm on modified bedrest for the duration, and pelvic rest (even worse than the bedrest, imo, haha)...Ok, I get why it's reasonable.  Labor started after an orgasm, so pelvic rest is kind of a no-brainer.  We already know that I have more BH ctx if I'm running around all day, so having me run around less seems reasonable.  And it could be way worse.  It could be the full bedrest I did with my girls...with my second, they didn't even want me showering, just baths...still, i am feeling rather sad at the loss of the "healthy pregnancy' feeling and just kinda feel like I need a hug...

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#2 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 07:45 PM

hug.gif

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#3 of 7 Old 11-11-2010, 05:48 AM

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#4 of 7 Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 AM

Oh, man! Big hugs to you. I know it sucks regardless, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can keep everything under control with moderate rest.

#5 of 7 Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 PM

That sounds awful! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. Did you go full term with your others? Is there family around to help out?

Christina, mama to A 10/05, E 09/07 and S 01/11; Spending my time as a wife, mama, teacher and student. Loving every minute of it! Life is so good!   joy.gif
#6 of 7 Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

I went far enough with all my others, actually carrying each kid just a little longer than my last- 37+0, 37+1, and 38+4.  And my family is awesome...my mom is even doing part of my teaching time at my kids' school for me (I love her!).

I'm not stressed about the logistics...I've done this before and have made it work with small kids around.  It's not easy, but totally doable.  I'm just whiny about it.  It does not go well with my belief that pregnancy is normal and not an illness.  Anyway, I'm feeling better about it today.  I checked my cervix this morning, and it's actually closed some- score!!  That's never happened before; I have always dilated and then just hung out there (or slowly dilated more), regardless of what I did or didn't do.  I'm pretty excited about that smile.gif

thanks for the hugs and sympathy, ladies.  I really needed it.

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#7 of 7 Old 11-13-2010, 12:54 PM
myk

hug.gif

January 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page