Stolen from April: What "rules" have you broken? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 11-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We aren't supposed to get massages???  I get them monthly.  And had some hot dogs too.  Oh, and artificial (and real) sweeteners.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post

We aren't supposed to get massages???  I get them monthly.  And had some hot dogs too.  Oh, and artificial (and real) sweeteners.

Meh...it's not that you aren't supposed to get them.  It's something about risk of miscarriage and some people think there may be a link between the two.  The people at massage envy refused to touch me while I was TTC or during the first 20 weeks. 

I get massages at the chiro office but DH tried to schedule me a massage at massage envy since I'm now 30 weeks.  My chiro has a special pillow that allows me to lay face down but the people at massage envy said that doing that would cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's neck and kill her.  *eye roll*

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 
#33 of 38 Old 11-13-2010, 07:05 PM

Wow, odd!  We go to Massage Envy here in Olympia and they just had me sign some releases, and they did ask if I was low risk, but they have seen me the whole time.  And I have to lay on my sides, oh how I wish I could lay on my belly... I like my massages symmetrical... not one side at a time.  ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionGal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post

Meh...it's not that you aren't supposed to get them.  It's something about risk of miscarriage and some people think there may be a link between the two.  The people at massage envy refused to touch me while I was TTC or during the first 20 weeks. 

I get massages at the chiro office but DH tried to schedule me a massage at massage envy since I'm now 30 weeks.  My chiro has a special pillow that allows me to lay face down but the people at massage envy said that doing that would cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's neck and kill her.  *eye roll*

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#34 of 38 Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 AM

Runny eggs count!  Oh well, that makes sense.

I eat raw cookie dough; I eat runny eggs; blue cheese is delicious; I've eaten deli meat; I frequently lift a 28 lb toddler (which my joints and back thank me for); I've had sushi; I eat occasional tuna sandwiches; and I drink 6 oz of coffee every morning because I literally would not be able to function without it.

Me, DH, and 2 babyboy.gif.
#35 of 38 Old 11-14-2010, 08:16 AM

Yeah, I think I've done just about every no-no.  Raw milk, rare meat, deli meat, sushi, coffee, lifting heavy stuff...  i think the only thing I haven't done is the litter box.  My cats are housetrained. :love  That being said, I read somewhere that if you've been exposed to cats for quite a while before pregnancy, then you have immunities to toxoplasmosis.  I HAVE cleaned out litter boxes while pregnant before, and never really worried...  I've had cats my whole life.  :)

#36 of 38 Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 AM

Just about every one in the book, starting with my HBAC (homebirth after cesarean) last time, and this time:

No ultrasound

No gestational diabetes test or any other screening tests usually pushed in obstetrics

I'm 37 and having a baby (LOL)

I will not take a flu shot or vaccine of any sort, especially while pg

I'm not having repeat cesareans just because my first child was cesarean

I eat unheated lunchmeat, blue cheese, eggs with yolks not hard, rare meat when the mood strikes, raw milk on occasion (but not often due to high sugar content in milk)

I have coffee every morning, but usually half-decaf, or completely decaf.

No exercise these days, makes me cramp, so I listen to my body, even though I'd rather exercise

I drink diet soda on occasion, try to stick to the aspartame-free kind because of what aspartame did to my DH, but if I really want a Coke Zero, i have one

I drink a half serving of alcohol occasionally and more rarely, a whole one, which is usually in the form of light beer, but wine sounds good too... people always mention wine when talking about alcohol in pregnancy, and I think that's pretty silly.. 4 oz wine = 12 oz. beer = 1 oz liquor, so whatever form it takes is irrelevent. I'd have a rum and coke as easily as a wine, but on a full stomach and perhaps have a half-measure of either just to be extra cautious. I will enjoy a glass of wine with T-day dinner though, instead of a half one.

I use fast food drive thrus when it's helpful to do so on long errands with the kids, but we do generally eat good choices, like salads and chili, but I am not worried about the occasional fry.

I won't touch tuna or swordfish or shark (or other top-of-the-mercury-levels fish) even when not pg, but have no problem eating good raw ocean fish in sushi (except no tuna).

That about covers it I guess!

40ish homeschool.gif trekkie.gif guitar.gifhbac.gifnovaxnocirc.gif raising 3 kids with the help of their loving father.

#37 of 38 Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Can I just say that this is fantastic... I will stop beating myself up for "Breaking the Rules"

Rules I have Broken and will prob break again...

1. Coffee~ I stopped for the 1st 15 wks but now I am having 1 cup 4x a week

2. Raw Cookie Dough ~ once in banana nut raisin cookies I could not resist

3. Heavy Lifting..not more than 45ish lbs. everything from friends toddlers to sewing machines..I moved the crib last night diaper.gif

4. Sleeping on my back.. sometimes I just wake up that way.

5. No gestational diabetes test or Flu Shots (my dad even called to say the CDC thinks "ALL" pregnant ladies should have a flu shot...sorry dad not gonna do it)

6. lunch meat Turkey and Blue Cheese  ... I get too hungry sometimes to contemplate "what if that Turkey Blue Cheese Salad is really a risk???"

7. Dr. Pepper I have had 5 in my whole pregnancy..Yikes but i just had a craving a I could not deny

I think I might be breaking a few more too..but at 32 weeks with so much going on it is hard to keep track

Instead of dying my hair I used Henna ... Ok the color is a bit funky but so am I these days ROTFLMAO.gif

#38 of 38 Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 PM

I haven't done anything to my hair yet this pregnancy... But I usually end up with at least one relaxer. If the budget allows, I'll get lucky and have straight hair again soon(ish).

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page