Anyone else having wacky vision issues? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having the worst time with this!  I don't have spectacular vision anyway, but during this pregnancy I feel like Mr. Magoo.  I can't read large print on the television about fifteen feet away, road signs are beyond me, and everything more than twenty feet away seems to have a mild soft-focus thing going on.  UGH!  And to top it all off, I've had some serious pregnancy dry-eye...  So I am always blinking, and squinting, and blinking some more.  I am afraid to drive...  I've been letting DH do all the driving.  I have to say I am excited for January to come.  :P  I've been putting off glasses, and figure when this baby comes I'll finally bite the bullet.  Nothing like being temporarily half-blind to make you notice exactly how much you are missing out on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM

My vision has definitely suffered this pregnancy.  I've read that vision can be affected during pregnancy, and since it hasn't gotten where I am squinting (just noticing a negative change), I don't plan on getting my exam until after the baby is born.

But I also have horrible vision, but my contact lenses seem to help.

#3 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM

mine have been bad, and I keep forgetting to wear my glasses. I went to the doc last time complaining and he said my prescription didn't change, so I guess they just tire easily??

What sucks is I have to retake my vision test for my drivers license before I am due, and I probably need to wear my glasses, so when it gets better I am going to be stuck wearing my glasses whenever I drive

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#4 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 12:47 PM

mine has gone wacky as well, and i have heard that it may not get all the better till 6 months post partum, so im holding off any exams till then.

Lilly, i wonder if you can a doc to write a thing that says your vision is a temp issue and to hold off testing?  or if they will let you test again this summer, maybe you can say you got your eyes "fixed" and recheck then?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM
myk

i'm a bit more nearsighted and takes me much longer to focus. it's not really a problem, just a bit of a nuisance. i haven't bothered going to the optometrist because i suspect it'll resolve itself in a few months anyway.

January 2011
#6 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 03:32 PM

I wear bifocals, and at different parts of this pregnancy, one prescription, or the other, or both, have been almost unbearable for a while. These unbearable times seem to pass, after a few days or a week, or maybe I just get used to the changes in vision.  Lately, I just find myself taking my glasses of earlier in the evening than I would usually (I usually need my glasses to see just about anything, but lately, watching a movie or something at night has been better without glasses on at all).   

I'm overdue for an eye exam, too, which is likely not helping the situation - I usually get my eyes tested in the summer (left over from being in school, as it would give me enough time to adjust to a new prescription before school started again). 

#7 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 05:49 PM

DDCC

My vision hasn't changed, but my eye color has. Used to be green, now they're more blue. Dr. Google said it was probably a tumor or glaucoma or something horrible (like he always says) but my optometrist checked it out and said it's just one of those weird pregnancy things. I hope it changes back, I liked the color they were.
#8 of 8 Old 11-18-2010, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

mine has gone wacky as well, and i have heard that it may not get all the better till 6 months post partum, so im holding off any exams till then.

I read the same thing...  I'm going to give it a few months to level out.  I'm just so tired of not being able to see very well.  I've put off glasses for so long out of vanity, but I'm beyond caring now.  I want to see!  *haha*

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page