Baby Astrology Thread! Capricorn or Aquarius? Ox, or potential Tiger? So exciting! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who's interested in talking about all the fun of adding a new sign to the family?  

I'm a Cancer/Leo cuspie, my DH is a Scorpio.  DS is a Virgo, and DD is a Libra.  I'm really excited to see what this baby will be!  I'm due in late January, and have a propensity to carry my babies over, so it's a real toss-up.  Those of you who are due earlier in the month might have a little better idea...  Capricorns born in the year of the Ox, most likely.  Those of us who have our babies after the 19th will have Aquariuses, and any babies that hang on until after Feb. 2nd will be born in the year of the Tiger.

I think either outcome will fit in really nicely.  Though a Capricorn(earth sign) might shift us into a little heavier dynamic, seeing as we've got all this water, and DS being an earth sign.  I think if baby is an Aquarius, DD will have another little air sign to flit around with.  :)  

Chinese Astrology says if baby is an Ox, that he'll get along great with DH and manage fine with DS and DD but barely cooperate with me.  A Tiger and I will apparently have major issues.  Poo.  I don't guess I put too much stock in it anyway, more like Chinese astrology is just another shade in the painting of life...  It won't make or break anything.  Still, I've had the feeling that this baby would be the icing on the cake of my children that always challenge me to grow as a person.  Looking forward to the new dynamic!

Howsabout you all?  How do you think this baby's(or babies' for the twin toters) sign will spice up your life?  Fit well, a challenge?  Let's talk all things baby-astrology here! :)

#2 of 9 Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 AM

Ha ha!  I am an Aquarius and adding another Aquarius to the family.  I'm due Jan 28th (my birthday is the 29th) so my sister reminded me last night that it would be hard to have another sign unless I go pretty early or make it to 43 weeks!  She's glad I'm having another a Aquarius - I guess that sign gets along well with another Aquarius and a Cancer (DH)?  All I know is I love being an Aquarius myself.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#3 of 9 Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM

This baby will be a Capricorn and should fit well.  My husband is a capi as well.  So this will take our mix to 2 pisces, 2 capis, a scorp, a taurus and a gemini.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#4 of 9 Old 11-23-2010, 08:10 PM

It's my understanding that we are currently in the year of the Tiger right now.

Both my mom and I are tigers and my mom is a metal tiger, same as it is this year, a cycle swinging around that happens every 60 years!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 08:00 AM

i'm due the 19th so if she comes then or later she will be an aquarius-like me. Hubby is virgo & DS is a taurus-and i don't know a lot about their personalities/traits. The only capricorns I know are my hubby's uncle & a best friend of mine.  one isn't responsible & the other is. Both like to have fun though.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#6 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

It's my understanding that we are currently in the year of the Tiger right now.

Both my mom and I are tigers and my mom is a metal tiger, same as it is this year, a cycle swinging around that happens every 60 years!

You're right!  My body must be too busy sending oxygen to my placenta to supply any extra for my brain.  lol.gif  Thanks for the correction!  I can rest a little easier then because if I go after Feb. 2nd I'll have a little Rabbit, which gets along well with ALL the Chinese astro signs in my family.  I'll have to beat my previous over-baking record of 11 days though...  Yowza.  *haha*

While I put a lot of stock in astrological compatibility, I know so many people who defy the rules...  Mostly because there is a much bigger picture going on than just a Sun sign...  Moon sign, all the other planets and their interactions.  Being on the Cusp makes this interesting for me...  Capricorn is the polar opposite of Cancer and Aquarius is the polar opposite of Leo.  This creates an attractive force between myself and Capricorn or Aquarius males(the old opposites attract thing), but an opposing force between myself and females of those signs.  This has been a pretty consistent thing in my lifetime...  So I find myself hoping that baby is a boy.  Not that I would mind at all if we get a girl(my 3yo DD insists we MUST have a girl*haha*).  There has only ever been one exception to that...  My best friend throughout school was an Aquarius, and we were inseparable. 

Gemasita...  Wow.  Air sign and Water sign having an Air sign.  I would think that would make for a very spontaneous family.  Calls to mind unpredictable wind whipped waves, or quickly moving clouds, or driving rain.  Like everything you guys come in contact with will be surprised by the impact.  I bet that makes for a fun mix!

SumnerRain...  That is a LOT of Earth and Water in your family!  How does the lone Air sign fair?  My DD is an Air sign, and I know she keeps us on our toes, and I think we all appreciate her ability to lighten things up...  Without her it'd be way more intense.

Adorkable...  I don't I know much about Tigers.  I DO know that having multiples of the same sign in a family can be tense.  My DH is a Snake, and so is his DD, my DSD.  Quiet, introspective, sneaky, possessive...  Doubling that up?  SHEW!!  In my large family of seven kids growing up, we all had different Chinese astro signs.  It was like a zoo.  But when you've got my DH and DSD in the same room, it is very much like spending too much time in the reptile exhibit.  They make me nervous.  *haha*  Care to share any of your thoughts on living with a Tiger?

Monic82...  Well that will bring you guys into a perfect balance with two Earth signs and two Air signs.  It should be interesting to see how that changes your family dynamic, as Earth has been the dominating sign for a while.  

A funny note on Chinese Astrology...  When my DS was a baby, he reminded me of a monkey.  The noises he made, the way he carried himself, and he had this crazy thing for bananas.  I know that sounds silly, but all of this came to mind before I ever looked up his sign.  It seemed to me like a coincidence.  And then my daughter was born, and I swear she snorted and rooted around and was bright eyed and wild just like a little pig.  Again, maybe a coincidence...  But I am waiting to see if this baby reminds me of a little Tiger or Rabbit, respectively.  *haha*

#7 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 08:03 PM

It looks like we will most likely have a Capricorn. We are a house of water signs. Myself and our two older children are all Cancers and my husband is an Aquarius. So at times our house can be a bit... dramatic. It looks like Capricorns are for the most part calm which will probably be a much needed blessing. ;) If this baby is born early during the 37th and early 38th week then we will have a Saggitarius? 

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#8 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
myk

i'm excited to have a little Tiger! most likely a capricorn, unless she comes real early. i'm a Tiger/Leo, and my husband is a horse/sagittarius, and horses and tigers go well together. my other kid is a monkey/scorpio, which makes for some fun at times LOL!

January 2011
#9 of 9 Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm a Virgo/Sheep, and DH is a Gemini/Rabbit.

For the most part we balance each other out quite well. This is our first addition. If LO comes 4+ days early, he will be a Capricorn/Tiger. 7 days late he will be an Aquarius/Rabbit. Anything in between that and he will be an Aquarius/Tiger, which I think will definitely make our dynamic a little more interesting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page