OMG i have done nothing!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-28-2010, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Holy crap, im 34 weeks today and have done nothing to be prepared for this bub, considering i had my first baby at 34+4 weeks you would think I would have everything done by now!!

I am determined to get everything done this week although I have another busy week ahead. Thankfully DH starts his leave on friday and is off until 31st January, yay! I will finally be able to relax!

Has anyone used TENS before, im considering hiring one this week, but don't want to waste my money if its not worth it.

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#2 of 17 Old 11-28-2010, 02:06 PM

I used tens with my last labor, and it really didn't do much for me. I found better relief bouncing on the birthing ball then the tens.It really annoyed me too and got on my nerves because I didnt like the feel of it on my skin while I was in pain. That was my experience, however. Someone else may have a different one.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#3 of 17 Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM

I'll be 33 weeks this Wed & feel like I haven't done anything. I've washed a small amt of clothes. I still need to go through stuff from baby shower & figure out what to exchange/return for diff sizes/items.  We're using a pack n play since no separate room for baby. I called and pre-registered at hospital...but that's all.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#4 of 17 Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 PM

i'm 32 weeks with my twins tomorrow and have little to nothing done, i'm sooooo running behind. and with no real baby shower and these being our first, we still have nearly everything to buy.

its just crazy making

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 17 Old 11-28-2010, 09:11 PM

I'm 31 weeks and in the same boat. She's my first too, but I have yet to clear out the office and start setting up her room/shared office. Due January 27th...........yikes. Oh, well I figure I'm not living out the in boonies, if she needs something...I can go to the store and get it! right?

#6 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 05:50 AM

Count me in. Done nothing.....and I don't feel like doing anything. Just BLAH

#7 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 06:21 AM

35 weeks and nothing done!!! This is our 4th and I finally went through my bucket of 0-3 clothes to find almost nothing in there for this baby!!! I thought we were done and got rid of everything!!! EVERYTHING!!!! I might be getting a crib from  a friend. I do have a car seat but that is about all!!! I am totally stressing about it all too but hoping to get it all taken care of in 2 weeks when I am done with school!!!

Wife to Joe since 2004
Mom to Madison 2005, Morgan 2006, Joseph (Cooper) 2009 and Jackson 2011
#8 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 AM

glad im not alone-haha. what are "tens"?  I need to buy the other carseat base. She won't have her own room, which means no closet. We really need a dresser of some sort and not having any luck.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#9 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetmirage View Post

I'm 31 weeks and in the same boat. She's my first too, but I have yet to clear out the office and start setting up her room/shared office. Due January 27th...........yikes. Oh, well I figure I'm not living out the in boonies, if she needs something...I can go to the store and get it! right?

I'm about in the same boat:  31 weeks with my first, due the 28th, and we are trying to figure out the office/spare room situation but in reality, have done nothing!  I am having my first shower (a small one at DH's work) next week and another in Jan so I really don't have anything FOR the baby yet.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#10 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Off topic: gemasita, we share a birthday. I'm due the 21st though. It's my 30th birthday but I imagine is going to be nearly nonexistent.

On topic: yeah I feel like I have yet to do anything. This baby being our second means that we don't have a ton to do but I feel like I should be doing more...

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#11 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 AM
myk

i've got some stuff. clothes, blankets.. but i still don't have a car seat and i have to pick up a place for her to sleep from my parents' house, they've got my crib and cradle. i'm SO slacking on the getting stuff ready!

January 2011
#12 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 AM

The baby's room is still an "office". I doubt I will be early, but I am just not in the mood to do anything. I have a lot, it's just not installed or put together or cleaned. I guess you get kind of lax with #2

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#13 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 AM

We went to babies r us over the weekend to get the rest of our needed baby items. They didn't have two things I wanted (co-sleeper and a baby seat/toddler rocker). I had this mini pregnancy freak out tantrum and I was getting so irritated with my husband telling me to calm down that it wasn't a big deal. Of course after the fact I realize I will live if baby comes today without those two items but still! 

I am starting to think I just need to clear a dresser drawer out. LOL!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#14 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21 View Post

I had this mini pregnancy freak out tantrum...

I felt the same way after reading this thread!  Once rational thought took over, i realized that I have most everything I need since the spacing between LO's is less than 2 years. Unless this is a girl then I will need to go clothes shopping. Give me a baby straight jacket, as my husband likes to call it (Halo swaddle) and working boobs and I think I'm good to go ;)

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#15 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 02:24 PM

ROTFLMAO.gifToo funny! Those things are pretty awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsez2u View Post

Give me a baby straight jacket, as my husband likes to call it (Halo swaddle) and working boobs and I think I'm good to go ;)

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#16 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 03:09 PM

I guess I'm not feeling so badly now.  I've been freaking for weeks over the lack of preparation.  Got the crib up (going to side car it) this weekend, and rearranged my bedroom.  I have a few things in the baby's dresser, but I feel like there is so much left to do! 

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#17 of 17 Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsez2u View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21 View Post

I had this mini pregnancy freak out tantrum...

I felt the same way after reading this thread!  Once rational thought took over, i realized that I have most everything I need since the spacing between LO's is less than 2 years. Unless this is a girl then I will need to go clothes shopping. Give me a baby straight jacket, as my husband likes to call it (Halo swaddle) and working boobs and I think I'm good to go ;)

That was the logic DH was trying to feed me. LOL! Honey you have boobs, enough cloth diapers to last through the apocolypse, and enough clothes. DONE!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page