•Jan '11 DCC• •December Chit Chat• - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleka333 View Post

here's to more boring appointments for everyone! 

we received a sigh of relief yesterday after visiting a pediatric cardiologist who couldn't see a single thing wrong with the baby's heart.  The arrhythmia or skipped beats were gone, so it must have just been a growth spurt fluke.  Or, it could be due to taking a new supplement and drinking a ton of hawthorn berry tea as my midwife suggested.  Either way, yay for healthy heartbeats!  The appointment was over in Palm Springs, so afterward we made a celebratory day of it having an awesome lunch & doing a little bit of shopping for baby.  DH was over the moon and I had to hold him back from going broke.  :)

it's weird though; this little scare seemed to connect me more with the baby.  my protective instincts started to come out more & it's all becoming more real at last. 

Diane, this is wonderful news!!  I am so happy for your little family, and yay for extra bonding!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 PM
myk

aleka333, SO glad it's looking good now!

January 2011
Old 12-17-2010, 10:40 AM

Thank you guys! 

Hope everyone is feeling good lately & looking forward to some relaxing down time over the holidays.

I didn't get my boring midwife appointment this week after all - she measured me at 39.5 weeks and asked if I was sure about my dates.  WHAT???  I'm only supposed to be 35 weeks today. 

I've been telling her since the beginning that I was never entirely sure & of course I didn't get the early dating U/S (now I kinda wish I had).  She seems to think I'm full term and could go at any time.

Since I'm a first timer, this news is scaring the crap out of me for some reason.  I've been reading the whole time & preparing myself, took the Bradley course, usually feel confident & secure about my home water birth.  But now I feel gypped out of a whole month of preparation!  I know a lot of people are usually happy for pregnancy to finally come to end, but I'm the exact opposite - I feel like it's flown by and now I'm a scared little girl trying to process this new information. 

I'm also a little disappointed in my midwife for not warning me sooner about this.  Once she said I was measuring 3 weeks ahead, but didn't say anything else about it. She can sometimes be a little distractible.  I'm just glad DH and I have just about everything ready - pool, birth kit, etc.  Now I just have to get my shit together and meditate.  LOL  Of course, maybe this all means nothing & I just happen to measure big or something. 

Sorry for rambling on, I just needed to vent and the hormones are getting to me I think.  I'm 31 years old and sometimes don't feel old enough to be a mom yet!  all right, I feel a little better now. 

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Aleka I know just how you feel, I was told that because if a liver issue that I will reallly need to have this twins at 37 weeksand since im at 34w4d now it really threw me for a loop! I really don't feel ready, and I'm not since unlike you I don't have my birth pool here or my classes done!!!!

So sitting here reading about how I can jet things moving right in the first few days of Jan, rather than the mid to late Jan that I was expecting is so so so strange!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:

I'm 31 years old and sometimes don't feel old enough to be a mom yet!  all right, I feel a little better now. 

oh man. I so, totally hear this. And I'm 33.... in the last week or so, it's like the reality of an actual baby/kid/whole other human being to care for just clicked in for me, and whoa. it's a little overwhelming. 

Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 PM

I got to nurse Micah this morning for the first time!  Woohoo!  He latched on immediately and did get some milk so I'm pretty happy about that!  He had his first bottle 2 days ago and went from taking 7mL the first time (although I'm not sure how much of that made it into his stomach!) to taking 30mL yesterday.  A full feeding for him is 45mL right now, so he is chugging right along.  He also finally moved out of his isolette so he is in an open crib.  His temperature still drops a bit sometimes, but this morning he was right where he should be.  I asked his nurse today if there was a chance he would be home before the end of the year and she thinks that it is a definite possibility.  Yay!

Quote:

I'm 31 years old and sometimes don't feel old enough to be a mom yet!  all right, I feel a little better now. 

I'm 37 and have an almost 6yo and I still don't feel like I'm old enough to be grown-up, let alone a mom!

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM96 View Post

I got to nurse Micah this morning for the first time!  Woohoo!  He latched on immediately and did get some milk so I'm pretty happy about that!  He had his first bottle 2 days ago and went from taking 7mL the first time (although I'm not sure how much of that made it into his stomach!) to taking 30mL yesterday.  A full feeding for him is 45mL right now, so he is chugging right along.  He also finally moved out of his isolette so he is in an open crib.  His temperature still drops a bit sometimes, but this morning he was right where he should be.  I asked his nurse today if there was a chance he would be home before the end of the year and she thinks that it is a definite possibility.  Yay!

I am SO happy for you!!!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 12-17-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I got to nurse Micah this morning for the first time!  Woohoo! 

this is sooo sooo awesome!!!! congrats little Micah, what a milestone!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:45 PM
myk

i'm so happy to hear that about Micah! what a wonderful milestone :)

January 2011
Old 12-25-2010, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

so my BH changed big time this morning, took on a whole new crampy level  hmmmmmmmmm  they were really regular this morning while i was in bed, but thankfully got more staggered as the day went on.

also got a really bad headache at one point this morning, what finally got me to really worry for a bit that i was headed to labor was my little old cat decided to attach himself to my side and not leave for anything, did he know something i didn't?

anyway a ton of water a long long nap or two and finally giving in and taking a tylenol and then a bath and things have calmed down a bunch. still having the crampy contractions, but they dont really follow any pattern anymore and that makes me think that i dont have to think about them too much.

we managed to go out to a christmas dinner we has scheduled and that was nice, back to bed soon for me.  

eeeek i still have so much to do before these babies come, and before my mom comes in 5 days for that matter!

Old 12-25-2010, 05:55 PM
myk

i find that cats sense things that are "different". the other day, my blood pressure spiked. i normally have LOW blood pressure, while pregnant i have low/average blood pressure. it spiked to high/average, bordering on "high". i laid down and what did my cat do? came right over, and gave me a "cat massage" in my kidney area. my blood pressure went right back down to normal again. perhaps your cat just sensed that you had a headache and were stressed, and he decided to help his Lady feel better.

i'm glad you're starting to feel better now. take it easy, you may have lots to do before XYZ happens, but just chip away at it whenever you can between naps/rest periods.

January 2011
Old 12-25-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

yeah you are so right about the kitty wisdom, my cat has always been a wonderful nursemaid, his sister when she was still with us used to be very attentive to my menstrual cramps, she usually was a very hands off cat, but when i was cramping she would throw all of her substantial weight into action and flop onto my belly and warm me up, it was great!

my little old man that is still with is has always been very attentive to headaches and im sure that is what drew him in this morning, it was sweet. 

he has been a bit mad at me this past week because im giving him medication twice a day, so for him to come to me and snuggle so determinedly was a wonderful comfort.

just attempted to get a bit a=of light unpacking around the house done just now and was sidelined again with the contractions, i hope i can get anything i need done!

User Tag List