Spotlight Thread - Get to know Soccerchic21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-02-2010, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some questions to get you started:

Where were you born? Where do you live now? Do you like it?
I was born at Swedish Hospital in Seattle. Aside from a few years away at college in Pullman I have lived in the Seattle area my entire life.

What do you know about your own birth?

My mom went into labor and I guess it was pretty stressful. Bio dad was totally unsupportive and she eventually ended up with a cesarean due to failure to progress. She mentioned never getting past 6cm for over 24 hours and I guess i was showing signs of stress.  

When are you due?

January 1st with a girl. This is our third and last and our second girl.

How has this pregnancy been treating you?

I have been my sickest this pregnancy. The most morning sickness and still every once in a while I get sick. Weird. I was also amazingly dizzy in the beginning. Overall though it is my healthiest. I have gained the least amount of weight and been the most active this pregnancy and I have been eating fairly healthy.

What are you craving these days? Any aversions?

The only thing I can call a "craving" is I have been wanting lots of protien. Not too many carbs like the last pregnancies. That has probably helped with the weight gain. With my other two it would be like "I need X now!" and I have not had that at all. So far no aversions.

What's been the best and worst thing about this pregnancy so far?

The best thing gosh. I love how excited my other two children are to meet their new sister. I love that I am now a SAHM. Overall for meI have been really healthy.

The worst. I am a VBAC which should be positive but I feel like I have this big "C" hanging over my head all the time. I am getting sick of being reminded of it at every appointment. How I can't be induced etc etc or go past 42 weeks. It is basically just an internal fear that I need to be coping with.

Are you finding out the gender your baby? What are you hoping for?

We found out that we are having a girl. I really didn't care either way but of course I am super excited to have another girl. Her name is Hannah Dean. We have always loved the name Hannah and I am partial to names that end in a silent H ;)
Dean is my husband's second middle name. We had a hard time coming up with a middle name for Hannah that wasn't too girly or cutesy. I love it.  

How many kids do you want and why?

This will be our third and I definitely feel done now. I knew I always wanted two but after I had my second there wasn't a feeling of finality that I have now.

What plans do you have for your birth? Are they any different from past birth experiences?

I would love to have a VBAC. My first was vaginal and my second was a cesarean. My first birth was full of intervention and I was not prepared for labor. My second I took Bradley and I was so prepared and had a great labor despite the birth. This time I really just want to labor as naturally as possible. If it ends up that I need another cesarean I will be happy that I at least got to labor again.

Are you planning on babywearing? If so do you have a favorite carrier?

I love baby wearing. I have an adjustable ring sling that works well with my body type.

What type of work do you do?

I stay at home now. I do PT graphic design for a few print brokers and I have an etsy store soccerchic.21.etsy.com

What type of music do you like?

I like alot of music from Snoop Dogg to Metallica. Some country music like Taylor Swift. I love Norah Jones. I would definitely say that my music taste is all o

Do you have any hobbies? What are they?

I love knitting. I am constantly knitting. I also love reading but I just have not had the focus lately.

What do you do to get away from it all?

OMG! That is hard to do. Sometimes I will try to get up before the kids do and that hour to myself with my coffee is really relaxing. I will take a bath every once in a while. I have been taking the dogs on walks after I drop my son off at Kindergarten and I get a lot of self reflection time done then too.

What are your favorite books (adult books)? What is the last book you read (non-pregnancy?)?

I have been sucked into the Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire Murder Mystery books. They are the books that the show True Blood are based on. I just started reading the Harry Potter series. I have never read them. Some of my favorite books of all time are Memoirs of a Geisha, The Kite Runner, and Water for Elephants.

What are your favorite children's books?

Like Marisgirl Anything by Eric Carle or Richard Scarry. The Velveteen Rabbit has always been a favorite.

Is there anything you are worried about related to this pregnancy or baby?

Avoiding another cesarean would be ideal. I know I can mentally handle it better than last time if it does happen. I am also so scared of having bad post pardom depression again. I had a bit after my daughter and it was really bad after my son. I think the cesarean after trying for an out of hospital birth in the first place really added to that. Thankfully this time I am seeing a psychiatrist regularly for bi-polar disorder and now my husband knows what to look for so I feel well taken care of but still scared. It isn't a very fun place to be.   

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page