Food Craving this late in the game. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've went this entire pregnancy without having any real food cravings.  Lately I have been loving Cracklin'sstillheart.gif, and I mean sit down and eat an entire bag of those delectable fried treats. 

I think it's a southern thing and for those who do not know what I am talking about a cracklin' is deep fried pig skin with a little fat and meat.  I know, I know it has got to be HORRIBLE for you, and probably sounds gross to some, but I can't help myself!  What makes it even worse is that there is a little eatery across the street from where I work that serves them all day! ugh

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#2 of 14 Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 PM

LOL, I remember going to NC once and seeing them everywhere. They are served in MD sometimes, not often though.

I started craving greasy hamburgers and guacomole. Not together, but I go back and forth between wanting to only eat those 2 things.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#3 of 14 Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM

Thankfully my cheese cravings have abated some, since I'm allergic to the freaking stuff!  eyesroll.gif

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#4 of 14 Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM

I'll join the fat and animal protein craving club! I have been dying for butter, burgers, cream, avocados, cheese .... but also for watermelon, grapes, lemonade, and oranges. 

I didn't have any cravings at all prior to a couple of weeks ago.

#5 of 14 Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
myk

sign me up for the biggest, rarest slab of dead cow you've ever laid eyes on.

that and apple crisp. god help me.

January 2011
#6 of 14 Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 PM

Corned beef sandwiches on white bread with mayo, mustard, pickles.....

Natashacd.gifafro.jpg - wife to Mr. Nicholes, mom to the Cellist(13) the Ladybug(4) and the Twizzlers (2)

#7 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 AM

it wasn't really a craving but at school yesterday in the cafe I saw a PB&J on white bread that looked divine!  I got it and had some potato chips with it and it was like going to heaven.  Nothing has been sounding good lately so it was odd that I really wanted something and of all things a PB&J with crappy grape jelly and who knows what kind of pb on white bread?!?!?!?!?  But it was so good!

Big Momma

#8 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 AM

A tuna sandwich (whole can of tuna), prepared with tons of mayo, and a big 'ol slice of American cheese on 12 grain bread.  Topped with Wickles pickles.  I have one a couple of times a week and just tell myself that it's for the protein.  Nothing else tastes so good.

Hi, I'm Aileen!

Wife to Lance, Mama to Elijah superhero.gif,Gideon learning.gif, and Jasper slingboy.gif.

#9 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 AM

I woke up on saturday absolutely needing pepperoni pizza. Luckily we had errands to run on a route that took us right near my favorite pizza place in town. 

I've also been craving butter like crazy. I feel like I put butter on EVERYTHING these days. 

Strangely, I've been craving one of those fancy holiday flavored lattes. In Vancouver, there's a coffee shop on every other corner, and they smell so, so good. But i made the mistake of drinking green tea at a sushi bar a few weeks ago, and baby went NUTS on the caffeine (like, I had to pretty much stay lying down all afternoon, because she was moving so much I felt unsteady on my feet) so that craving has been tempered by fear of what even a decaf latte might do to us...

#10 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Lately it's been Frosted Flakes with milk for me.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#11 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Yeah, I feel like I am back in the first trimester.  I don't remember this resurgence of appetite with my first!  Sometimes I crave something specifically, and sometimes it's just "I NEED MORE FOOD NOW!"  Trying to temper my cravings so I don't gain too much more weight.  I am at 42 lbs up now!!

#12 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 AM

I have been eating two or three grapefruits a day.

Also, I think about eating meat constantly.

#13 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 05:24 PM

I think I want another PB&J!  at least I have good bread, natural pb and no corn syrup jam.  so I think I am going to make one right now!  I have gained a total of 4 lbs this pregnancy so I am not worried about weight gain!

Big Momma

#14 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM

The cravings haven't ended for me!  I can't get enough red meat (but I know I am anemic, so I'm sure that is why).  We went out to lunch after church last Sunday and I ordered a shredded beef chalupa and just inhaled it.  My husband couldn't believe I ate the entire thing and finished before everyone else!  Usually, I would have taken half of it home.

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page