FedEx delivered my homebirth kit to the wrong address - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

and I can't decide whether to be amused that some random person is going to get the surprise of opening a homebirth kit (tee hee) or just really uncomfortable that some stranger (or maybe a neighbor of mine) is going to be digging through something that personal, especially since some of it needs to be kept SANITARY. 

Since I live in an apartment I'm already a little sensitive about my privacy regarding the hb... maybe that's part of it.  Fortunately, I still have time and can wait for FedEx to correct the error... but I just don't like the idea that when I finally get my homebirth kit it will probably have been opened.  Grr!

Laura geek.gif, mom to fencing.gif Savannah (born 10/2008) and Indy (born 01/2011), and babyf.gifCheyenne (born 11/2012)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 PM

have you tried contacting the seller and see what they say about you refusing the delivery from fedex for the first shipment and having it replaced with another considering the *sanitary* concerns (which I totally get) 

Old 12-08-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

luv-my-boys, maybe I should do that... it's just that the seller seems to be a small home business, and as it's not their fault I hate to get them involved.  But maybe there's a way for them to get reimbursed by FedEx?

In any case, I do plan to recommend that the seller consider a different courier in the future.  I've had nothing but problems with FedEx.

Laura geek.gif, mom to fencing.gif Savannah (born 10/2008) and Indy (born 01/2011), and babyf.gifCheyenne (born 11/2012)

Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM

Hopefully they won't open it, I don't open anything if I didn't order it because some places charge to ship back once it's opened even if it's the wrong address! I found that out the hard way, so if I didn't order it, and it doesn't have my name on it or I recognize it, then I call the shipping company to come take it back.

On a side note, my friend ordered an adult swing from one of those home-based "adult" toy companies. Someone did indeed open it and then set it next to her mail box, open, and it knocked over and feel out a little, so everyone who drove by caught a glimpse of it!

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Old 12-13-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Phew -- looks like it just went to my apartment leasing office.  Still bothers me that they left NO notice or anything, but at least the package was there and unopened.  thumb.gif

User Tag List