What won't you miss about being pregnant? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 12-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I won't miss the feeling of the baby's head slamming against my cervix like a jackhammer every time I cough.  Darnit, I caught my kids' coughs.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 12-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisgirl View Post

Random people touching my belly - and then rubbing in a slow molestation type motion.

Remind me, is this your first pregnancy? If so, and you decide to have more children, trust me you get more "ballsy" with the second one. I have no qualms about grabbing someone's hand and saying, "Please don't." or stepping backwards a step or two.

Nope, it's my third viable. And more people want to touch my stomach because of the fact that I am pregnant with twins. I've even had sneak attacks from the back. I usually do grab hands or say no when I can see it coming, but other times I am caugt off guard ESPECIALLY by strangers that feel it's okay to molest me, that I have a loss of speech for a bit.

Natashacd.gifafro.jpg - wife to Mr. Nicholes, mom to the Cellist(13) the Ladybug(4) and the Twizzlers (2)

#33 of 38 Old 12-12-2010, 06:51 PM

I appreciate the 'bitch' session. Sometimes it's so cathartic. I won't miss people from all across the parenting theory spectrum advising my husband and I. 

"Have you decided on vaccines/circumcision/ birth intervention?"

"Yes, I appreciate your concern, but we made up our mind and we would prefer not to discuss it."

"BUT HAVE YOU READ THESE SCARY SCREWED STUDIES THAT SUPPORT MY POINT OF VIEW?! PARENT LIKE ME OR YOUR BABY/VAGINA/MARRIAGE WILL EXPLODE."

Or better yet. "I DON'T HAVE ANY WAY TO SUPPORT MY POINT OF VIEW, BUT I'M PREPARED TO FREAK OUT IF YOU DON'T AGREE TO PARENT LIKE I DO!!!" 

"Wow, thanks, we'll keep that in mind." 

And oh boy, I was the most kale/oat/soy milk lovin generally healthy person I knew until I got so sick.(hyperemesis) Then whatever I could keep down became king. I lived on a box of bagel bites and a red gatorade each day. ew wtf? :) 

#34 of 38 Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

Drooling in my sleep....I have to flip my pillow each time I wake up because it's SOAKED

Oh my god, I thought it was just me!! Its disgusting isn't it, I feel asleep on my poor DH chest the other night and woke up to him wiping his chest dry!!

Karen, Police officer married to my hero Soldier, mummy to Harry 7 and Riley 3 and , due 10th January 2011 We're living the dream!!
#35 of 38 Old 12-12-2010, 07:42 PM

I won't miss peeing my pants and having a big loogie on the TP when I wipe.  It is so gross that I HAVE to change my underware a few times a day!  I am also not able to sleep well anymore.  and to top it off I am trying to get DD to sleep without a pull up on and she wakes up in the middle of the night to come to bed with me because big daddy is out of town.  So I have to actually get up and take her to the bathroom, sit her on the toilet (Because she isn't really awake) and hold her there because she is worried about falling in. (no problems during the day tho.) and then she wants me to snuggle her.  I really like snuggling but she wants to do it a certain way and it is almost never comfortable for me so I have to wait till she falls asleep and then adjust... then I get feet in my back... why oh why is it that I have a king size bed and a 3 year old and an adult in it and I am getting kicked half the night?????!?!?!?!?!  ok rant over. 

#36 of 38 Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM

I sure won't miss...

yeah, back pain

waking up at three am for a snack

peeing constantly

super low blood pressure so that I almost pass out if I turn around too fast (or stand up...)

swollen ankles after a day working

wearing sweat pants all the time

no coffee or espresso

But. In all fairness....I love being pregnant. I wanted this for SO long. I have no complaints, really...this is the happiest I have ever been.

(Sorry to be corny, but it's true!)

#37 of 38 Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 AM

A few things-mostly mentioned by others.

*Peeing all the time, but not much sometimes-annoying!

*Bending down to hook 3 dogs up to leashes & walking them. Is fine w/o the belly n the way.

*Alcohol!!! So I've had a few sips when hubby drinks but that's all. Oh how I could go for some wine-yum!

*Going up/down stairs & getting out of breath. We have 3 flights in our condo.

*Can't wait to just stand & do something w/o feeling like I need to take a rest.

*Swollen feet-only one is bad & just started.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#38 of 38 Old 12-13-2010, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Low blood sugar. If I don't eat every few hours I get really sick feeling and crabby...It sucks.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page