How are the working Mama's doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 12-14-2010, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondering how all the working Mama's are holding up.  I'm hanging in there, but find that I'm suddenly thinking about taking a nap most of the day.  I also feel like a big buddha sprawled back in my chair rubbing my ever expanding belly.  The closer it gets to the big day the less interested I am in my projects and the more interested I am in day dreaming about holding my LO love.gif

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM

Same here! I'm feeling more irritable when people at work ask me for something mischievous.gif and more into daydreaming about baby love.gif and napping. Also, it feels uncomfortable to walk around or even really to sit for a while, it feels like there's pressure on my pelvis.  Also, mommybrain is in FULL effect! It's nice to feel productive still but whew, is it getting more difficult 

#3 of 16 Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Hi DDCC - I am actually due in early March....in the past I was able to go on leave at 38 weeks, but this time nothing is paid so I will have to work till the very end which I am kind of dreading....also I work out of my house which means that if I really am exhausted I do take a 20 minute nap if I have a break in the action so to speak...this is both a good & bad thing!  I agree, it does get harder to focus on work as you approach meeting your new little one...I guess I can only expect this to get worse. Do you have to work right up to the end or can you stop sometime soon?

#4 of 16 Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 AM

I can relate to that! I worked until 38 weeks with my first, and promised myself I wouldn't do that again. It gets to be so hard to focus on the task at hand when you've got squirming going on inside your belly and you're exhausted.

I'm using up the rest of my vacation days that I've saved up just for this, and then I'm starting my leave in January at 36 weeks. smile.gif I wanted to have some time to spend with my daughter before the new arrival came. She's only 1-1/2, so I'm not sure how she's going to adjust to the new baby when it comes.

Any one else find their belly INSANELY itchy lately? I lather cream on by the gallons every day, morning and night, and nothing seems to help!

#5 of 16 Old 12-15-2010, 10:18 AM

This is my first pregnancy being a SAHM so I have to say a big pat on the back to all of you! I remember being so close to due and working when all I wanted to do was nap. I am exhausted now I can't imagine how exhausted you must all feel some days. 

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#6 of 16 Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 AM

I am mostly just sitting in my computer chair, but not focusing on work. Physically here but mentally somewhere else.

#7 of 16 Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 AM

I will be working up until the birth.  I joke that I might just have the baby at work!  And to top it off, the military (I am AD) has decided it would be a wonderful idea to have me switch jobs ON FRIDAY.  This means that my current supervisors, who sort of ignored all the emails about how I was leaving, are all of the sudden panicking and asking me to do all this crap that they put off for a long time, and I have to go by all the different people who control this little thing or that, and outprocess.  Oh, and then I get to go in and meet with a new boss on Friday and tell him that I will only be around for a few weeks, and that I will be taking lots of leave after the baby comes, and that when I get back, I'll need a place to pump.  So yeah.  It's annoying and stressful and I wish the military had approved my request to separate. 

#8 of 16 Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM

Doing good just trying to clear my desk and realizing that I spend too much time on the internet. I honestly don't know SAHM's do it. If I was at home right now all the kids would do would be make messes and watch tv. I have no energy and really just want to hibernate. Thankfully during working hours I just sit in my chair and then go to the bathroom. 

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#9 of 16 Old 12-15-2010, 12:35 PM

My first was born at 39 weeks exactly.  It was a Friday.  My last day of work was the day before, and then shortly before midnight the contractions started.

I wish I could take some time off before this one comes, but it will be unpaid time off AND will start the clock on my 12 weeks off, so I'd rather work until the very very end.  Once she's born, I will be able to have 10 of my 12 weeks fully paid.

Luckily, I work in an office of 9 other very supportive women, one of which is currently 38 weeks herself right now, so we can commiserate.  I'll lighten my load near the end, but right I am finding that my nesting instinct is also applying to work and most of my stuff is up to date.

#10 of 16 Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusterGal72 View Post

Any one else find their belly INSANELY itchy lately? I lather cream on by the gallons every day, morning and night, and nothing seems to help!

Have you alerted your caregiver about your itchiness? Although a certain amount of itchiness is normal in pregnancy, symptoms like what you are describing could be an indication of a serious condition, Cholestasis of pregnancy. Hope it's nothing, but I do urge you to get it checked out right away.

#11 of 16 Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM

Even with help, and great offers by my dp to hold down the fort for me....setting up my outdoor booth and jewels for the last run before Christmas has been EXHAUSTING.  And I have another 7 days straight of vending before my season officially ends.  I'm so giant and uncomfortable, this whole sitting out in the cold isn't cutting it, either.  But I hope it's worth it financially, the last scraping up of the income before baby arrives!!!

#12 of 16 Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DusterGal72 View Post

Any one else find their belly INSANELY itchy lately? I lather cream on by the gallons every day, morning and night, and nothing seems to help!

i want to second that suggestion that you get the itch checked out, specially if you dont have a rash, just an itch, it can be normal but it can also be a pretty big deal and a easy test can tell the difference. i was just tested and i have Cholestasis, it is not something that you want to let go, it needs to be treated and as a bonus treating it is the only way to deal with the itch, not even Benedryl will curb mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by venusthrow View Post

Thankfully during working hours I just sit in my chair and then go to the bathroom. 

i certainly hope that you get out of your chair before "going to the bathroom" 

sorry i couldn't help myself

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#13 of 16 Old 12-18-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post
 i certainly hope that you get out of your chair before "going to the bathroom" 

sorry i couldn't help myself

ROTFLMAO.gif

#14 of 16 Old 12-18-2010, 10:57 AM

lol oh yeah, definitely get a surge of energy to get up and go to the bathroom. But I have to say at this point I am so out of energy that I wouldn't care either way :)

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#15 of 16 Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks, m0xxie and Adorkable, for your advice! I did not know there was actually a condition to do with itchiness.

I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and will ask about it. It seems to be better now that I'm away from the office- maybe the fact that I work in a dry high-rise building might be the reason for it. In any case, I'll put my mind to rest anyway and still ask about it. No harm in asking.

#16 of 16 Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 PM

Well I am not as far along as most of you (my actual due date is feb 3rd - about 2 weeks later than I thought when I joined the ddc) but I am not particularly enjoying working 60hr weeks.  I am a nanny and also am working at Macy's for Christmas so there is lots of time on my feet.  Luckily I have had a really smooth pregnancy, so most days it isn't much worse than it usually would be... I just indulge in a bit more self-pity ;)

Amara ~ Married to my HS sweetheart, we're having a blast with baby Z (1/29/2011)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page