close but not close enough roll call - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm due on the 6th with my first and trying to be patient. Strangers' eyes always go right to the belly orngtongue.gif. I have had some signs that things are moving along, but of course there is no telling. I got my car's oil changed the other day and they brought the whole group around to look at the belly...sigh.

#32 of 42 Old 12-27-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post

seeing the labor and baby's here posts over the weekend is making me think that i should have gone ahead and joined the Feb DDC on purpose! 

I hear you.  It dawned on me, oh say a couple months ago, that come January there was a good possibility that I would be twiddling my thumbs and green with envy as I read about everyone having their little ones.  I decided to stick it out in January (this is a great group of ladies) and think positive.  Who knows I actually may deliver before or on January 31st.  Anyway sounds like we can keep each other company ;)

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#33 of 42 Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:

seeing the labor and baby's here posts over the weekend is making me think that i should have gone ahead and joined the Feb DDC on purpose! i'm close, but like the thread says "not close enough." the majority of my 40-42 week range falls in feb anyway.

For real!  I was wondering if there will be anyone around who hasn't had their baby yet, come Jan 1st!

#34 of 42 Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post

Quote:

seeing the labor and baby's here posts over the weekend is making me think that i should have gone ahead and joined the Feb DDC on purpose! i'm close, but like the thread says "not close enough." the majority of my 40-42 week range falls in feb anyway.

For real!  I was wondering if there will be anyone around who hasn't had their baby yet, come Jan 1st!

lol!! I"m due on the 24th, and kind of hoping for a febuary baby. My son came right around his due date though. I just found out that my specifically chosen because he's vbac friendly ob will be out of town MLK weekend, so that's another thing to worry about.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#35 of 42 Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 AM

I'm due the 19th, but dd was born at 42w+1d, so I'm not really holding my breath.  DH and I keep joking that I'm going to have the baby on Groundhog's Day and then wake up the next morning and be in labor... and have to relive the day all over again.  dizzy.gif

My midwife keeps giving me lots of hope that second babies can come earlier and be shorter labors (dd was 28 hours from the time the back labor kicked in).  So I'm kind of hoping that this one comes a little early, but I'm trying not to expect it...

Laura geek.gif, mom to fencing.gif Savannah (born 10/2008) and Indy (born 01/2011), and babyf.gifCheyenne (born 11/2012)

#36 of 42 Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 AM

I might as well join this group! I am due on Saturday with zero signs of real labor starting any time soon.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#37 of 42 Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 AM

DD was born 37 w 3 days... I will be 38 weeks tomorrow.  So much for second babies being earlier or boys being earlier.  I just told Big Daddy that he could still be in there for another 4 weeks until he is post term.  he said that he would go crazy.  I am just sick of waking up every other day thinking that my water broke.  and big daddy is sick of the emotional rollercoaster.  so I think he will be born when I said he was going to be in the beginning... Jan 2nd or 3rd.  The step kids and my sister are here and they all want to meet him and they all leave on Jan 1st.  oh well.  I think I am going to hang out in this thread for a while because it is so depressing to see every one else have their baby.

Big Momma

#38 of 42 Old 12-30-2010, 08:31 AM

I'm due the 21st with my first, so I fully expected to go late maybe even February.  My midwife allows until 42 weeks.

but during the last few weeks, she says I'm measuring big and she just 'feels' that baby is ready already.  She even asked if my dates were right or not.  (which, I guess could be wrong, but we'll never know!)  fundal height was 39 at 35 & 36 - we'll see where I'm at this week.  But I still feel it's baby's position or my body shape making the belly seem larger.  I mean, everyone carries differently. she freaked me out when she said 'full term' to me though, so I immediately went out and bought a bunch of stuff for the birth and did unbelievable amounts of laundry.  lol

Even though I'm getting more uncomfortable lately, I'd like all the expected time to prepare that I can get!  no hurry here!

it's exciting reading everyone's birth stories for me - kind of helps me get used to the idea that I'll soon be going through something similar.  

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#39 of 42 Old 12-31-2010, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm due on the 21st as well.  I had my first son 13 days early (weirdly enough, my stepdaughter was also born 13 days early), so I'm secretly hoping this little one will be born 13 days early as well, which would make his birthday the 8th.  Heck, as long as he's healthy, he can come tonight if he wants- everything that can be done before he's born is already done, I have some very important things I can't do until after he's born, and in all honesty, I'm not as young as I was the last time around and this kid is killing me here, so sore, so sick, so tired!

I can't wait to meet my little James.  luxlove.gif

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#40 of 42 Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM

I'm due on the 26th - although we just had an ultrasound last week and they re-estimated my due date to be the 23rd.  Whatever that means, baby will come when he is good and ready!  I'm hoping he comes early because I am so sick of being pregnant and so uncomfortable.  I am constantly being beat up from the inside by this kid!  Lol  He has been VERY active since very early on and now its just painful. 

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#41 of 42 Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

alright ladies, we're getting there! yay! i mean, at least it's our due month, even if part of our due range falls into february. maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised and go right around our guess dates. i'm trying so hard to stay positive. SO HARD! emotionally, i'm actually not at all ready for the baby, but physically, i just don't know how much more of this i can take!

hoping for a !
#42 of 42 Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
but physically, i just don't know how much more of this i can take!

I'm with you on that one!  I have almost 3 weeks to go, but my Braxton-Hicks are almost constant the last several days, I can't even sleep more than an hour or so at a time (yes, they're only Braxton-Hicks at this point), so I'm really, really, really, really hoping that this little one comes sooner than later, 'cause I'm physically tapped!

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page