close but not close enough roll call - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so who's with me? who else is due late january?

this is my second, so i look quite ready to go any day. people are all about asking when i'm due.

i always muster a smile and say, "close, but not close enough"

truth is that it could be mid-february before i have a babe in arms. i went 2 weeks late with my daughter and my provider would let me go to 43 weeks provided that everyone is looking healthy.

hoping for a !
#2 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 03:17 PM
myk

technically i'm due on the 19th. i'm not going to last that long.. but man, am i ever getting a lot of assumptions that i'm going to pop at any minute!

January 2011
#3 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 03:54 PM

I am due the 14th but I don't think I will last that long.  yesterday at church I had 3 people ask me when I was due.  When I told them they were like... so soon!  Now granted I only gained 6 pounds total the pregnancy so far.  Having 3 people ask me that question was quite a surprise because we have around 40 people total in our congregation, including kids. 

Big Momma

#4 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM

I'm not even due late January (the 10th) and I've been getting that "Any day now??" with expectant faces for over a month. Bah! Yesterday I got "Are we having a Christmas baby?" and I was like - possible but doubtful. This is #4 and I was 40+2 with the last 2 so I am not planning on anything happening before my due date. Its really annoying and no wonder we all get so antsy at the end!!

Momma to ds bikenew.gif6/02 (med free hospital), dd pinktongue.gif10/04 hb, ds diaper.gif6/08 hb, and ds babyboy.gif hb 1/12/11
#5 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM

I am 39 weeks today, but that could still mean another 2-3 weeks.  My earliest spontaneous labor was 40w5d which is still another 12 days from now.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#6 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm 37 weeks and a couple days, and I reeeaaally would love for this kid to be born during the Solstice/lunar eclipse tomorrow AM. I don't truly think that will happen, but I can hope :P 

#7 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM

I'm due late January, too.  I've been getting the 'Any day now!, Ready to pop! and Christmas baby?' comments for a month. 

I like being able to say I'm due next month, without elaboration.  I'm tired of how waddly and huge I am.  I know I am big, and look exhasuted and ready.  But really, in 6 weeks(or 4 or 8), I'll be even bigger and crankier and waddlier and I certainly won't want to hear it any more then than I do now!

#8 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 05:02 PM

I had several people ask when I was due today, and most were surprised I was due so soon.  Maybe I don't look as huge as I feel.  The rest of my body has grown a lot this time :(

I will be 36 weeks tomorrow, but I feel it could be a LOT sooner.  Of course I may be jinxing myself by saying that, lol

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#9 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 PM

I'm due late January and could very possibly be a February baby. I have a pretty long torso and I hide a lot of baby very well so most folks are surprised when I say I have a month left as in "that's all!?" So I usually have the opposite reaction but will likely be getting the phone calls and comments starting as soon as we hit January!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#10 of 42 Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not due till the 21st. I might go early since my first was one week early but who knows. With my hips aching and the lousy quality of sleep I've been getting, I am really starting to hope for sooner than later!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#11 of 42 Old 12-21-2010, 03:35 AM

I'm due the 5th but I usually go a little early, so it could be next week.  As ready as I am to be done, though, I'm really hoping babe stays put until January ... 12:01 on New Year's Day would be a-ok with me!

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#12 of 42 Old 12-21-2010, 04:01 AM

Late January here too, and I've been getting the "ready-any-day-now" comments for a couple months already. I've only gained about 10 pounds in total, so it has to be bc I'm so short, my belly has nowhere to grow but out, LOL. Now if I could just sleep past 5 am...

#13 of 42 Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post

so who's with me? who else is due late january?

this is my second, so i look quite ready to go any day. people are all about asking when i'm due.

I'm with you!  I'm due January 31st with my second.  I went 8 days over with my first, so it is likely I won't meet this LO until February!  I've gained 32 pounds (mostly belly and boobs) and everyone acts like I am going to explode any day. 

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#14 of 42 Old 12-21-2010, 07:29 AM

I'm  due January 31st also. It sucks to be at the very end of the due date club! But I am hopeful I will go a week or so early! (please baby, please) orngbiggrin.gif

Clara (28), DH (37), DD1 (02/14/07), DD2 (02/09/11) and baby #3 on the way, due 9/12/12.

#15 of 42 Old 12-21-2010, 12:27 PM

Due Jan 30th here, and have been getting the "oh, you are going to pop anytime now" comments for at least 2 months.  I am so sick of hearing them, and honestly I am so sick of being pregnant.  Everything hurts, I am so tired I cannot see straight (and working full-time), I feel like I am spending my life on the toilet, and if baby is not done cooking yet, I just want the contractions to stop NOW!  Okay, feels so good to get that off my chest.

This baby is a huge blessing, and so so wanted after all we went through to get to this point.  I have just come to the conclusion that pregnancy is not my thing, and not something that I enjoy at all.  I am really hoping to have this baby come on Jan 20th, which will be 2 years to the day from when we had to have a D&C for the baby we lost. 

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
#16 of 42 Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post

This baby is a huge blessing, and so so wanted after all we went through to get to this point.  I have just come to the conclusion that pregnancy is not my thing, and not something that I enjoy at all.  I am really hoping to have this baby come on Jan 20th, which will be 2 years to the day from when we had to have a D&C for the baby we lost. 

That would be awesome to have the baby on that date! My first mc was due mid-February (that baby would be 5 this coming year) and so its making this part of the year have a little sunshine for me. :)

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#17 of 42 Old 12-22-2010, 08:05 AM

I am due January 30. I actually got my due date wrong at the beginning and originally joined the Feb DDC! eyesroll.gif 

#18 of 42 Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post  I have just come to the conclusion that pregnancy is not my thing, and not something that I enjoy at all.

I am so with you. I am just not into pregnancy AT ALL! I am so tired of being uncomfortable, waking up to pee, getting kicked HARD in places that should not be kicked, ect ect.

I try not to complain except here and to DH.

I have some friends with fertility issues and they have done multiple rounds of IVF, and are now trying to adopt, and I do try to appreciate how fortunate I am. But still, oh, the heartburn!

#19 of 42 Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 AM

38 weeks today and havent gotten a lot of comments but a lot of people staring at me and I feel huge. The other day I had a big sweater on at my friends house and her mom was looking at my belly and started saying something about how big the baby was and I took my sweater off and she was like "oh my gosh, your so huge!!!" It was mean but knowing her I was having fun with it and cracking up, then she was like when are you do..."three weeks" She thought I still had 3 months!!!! LOL I think I would die if I was this big and had 3 more months!!!!!!

Wife to Joe since 2004
Mom to Madison 2005, Morgan 2006, Joseph (Cooper) 2009 and Jackson 2011
#20 of 42 Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Me. I'm due the 27th with my second. So tomorrow 35 weeks. Went to 39 weeks with my first so anything can happen this time...

#21 of 42 Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

well, i'm glad i'm not alone. even in real life, i know a lot of mamas due in january, but all BEFORE me! grrrr!

people everywhere are really laying on the belly commentary thick on me. i can't believe i have possible another 5-8 weeks of this?! yesterday when i went to lunch, the lady at the counter dropped her jaw when i told her my due date. then she proceeded to repeatedly say, "you're so BIG! christy, come look at her, she's so big. turn around so she can see." wth?! who does that?!?!

hoping for a !
#22 of 42 Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM

I am due the 10th, but since I turn 40 on the 19th, my guess is baby will come probably the day after my birthday. Oddly, most people think I am only 7 months, and this is #2 for me.  I am vbac and I even switched providers because I know that my old one wouldn't let me go to 41 weeks, and I think I am going to be later than that. I was induced at 40 1/2 weeks and that whole pregnancy everyone was convinced I would be early because I was so big!

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#23 of 42 Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post

yesterday when i went to lunch, the lady at the counter dropped her jaw when i told her my due date. then she proceeded to repeatedly say, "you're so BIG! christy, come look at her, she's so big. turn around so she can see." wth?! who does that?!?!

OMG, no kidding, that is soooo rude!

#24 of 42 Old 12-23-2010, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

today i told my husband that as soon as january hits, i'm just going to start saying "any day now." not a lie, but i'm sure their definition is not the same as mine. hrmph.

hoping for a !
#25 of 42 Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 AM
myk

why is it, when people ask, and i respond "a few more weeks" they automatically say "could be any time now! maybe you'll have a christmas baby!" um, no, it'll be a few more weeks. didn't i just say it'll be a few more weeks? if i was going to labour naturally, it could be another 6 weeks. true, things can take an unexpected turn, but you're not listening to what i JUST said and that really annoys the hell out of me.

January 2011
#26 of 42 Old 12-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post

why is it, when people ask, and i respond "a few more weeks" they automatically say "could be any time now! maybe you'll have a christmas baby!" um, no, it'll be a few more weeks. didn't i just say it'll be a few more weeks? if i was going to labour naturally, it could be another 6 weeks. true, things can take an unexpected turn, but you're not listening to what i JUST said and that really annoys the hell out of me.

I think people just assume you are going to go in on a schedule now. Some one asks me when I am due and then says, "so when are you going to be induced" um...I am not...not unless there is a really really good reason. Or in my case, people assume I am just going in for a repeat c-section. I had a mother, who had 3 c-sections, shocked I was actually going to try for a vbac (as in, it's so much easier just to get the c-section and have a date picked out), but then again, she was complaining her 6 week old baby wasn't sleeping through the night yet *sigh*

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#27 of 42 Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 PM
myk

well, i AM going in on a schedule, and that schedule is 3 weeks from now. not "any day now". talking to a wall, i tell ya. 

i can see how people would be shocked about going for a vbac.. in some places they're really not common. it takes a special kind of person to do that :)

January 2011
#28 of 42 Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

seeing the labor and baby's here posts over the weekend is making me think that i should have gone ahead and joined the Feb DDC on purpose! i'm close, but like the thread says "not close enough." the majority of my 40-42 week range falls in feb anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmulberry View Post

I am due January 30. I actually got my due date wrong at the beginning and originally joined the Feb DDC! eyesroll.gif 

hoping for a !
#29 of 42 Old 12-27-2010, 03:15 AM

I am due the 21st and keep surprising people by saying that I want him to stay in there longer!  I was induced with DS and HATED how my birth went, so I found a provider that will allow me to go to 41-42 weeks.  DS was perfectly content in there and if he would have been left alone, I think he would have gone 41-42 weeks.  People think I am weird that I would want to be pregnant that long and not be induced right at 39-40 weeks.  I just laugh and politely tell them that we are just not ready to be a family of 4 yet and have waited 9 months...what is another couple weeks?   

Mommy to DS 8/2007 and DS 1/2011
#30 of 42 Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_enjoying_life View Post

I am due the 21st and keep surprising people by saying that I want him to stay in there longer!  I was induced with DS and HATED how my birth went, so I found a provider that will allow me to go to 41-42 weeks.  DS was perfectly content in there and if he would have been left alone, I think he would have gone 41-42 weeks.  People think I am weird that I would want to be pregnant that long and not be induced right at 39-40 weeks.  I just laugh and politely tell them that we are just not ready to be a family of 4 yet and have waited 9 months...what is another couple weeks?   

Everyone I know is like this too, I'm due the 23rd but during Christmas we got a few comments about how it would be so nice to have him for Christmas, uh NO! First of all people he'd be pre-term and second I'm not ready, not even close. I'm hoping he stays in there until he's good and ready. I knew this would happen when January came, I was due at the end of the month last time, should have said February. :/ 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page