Ungh, NAAAAAMES! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-01-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We thought we were having a girl, we had a name, and then found out we were having a boy instead. I have NO idea, not even a list to bring and narrow down once we meet him. I loved Milo Conrad with #2 but we named him Coen Silas instead. I still do really like the name but it feels like we'd be giving him leftovers, kwim? Plus the popularity of Milo has increased and we like less common names. Our first is Kalten Lucas. We are not looking to continue the similar sounding names but if it happens, it happens. So... lists?

P.S. I've tried Nymbler.com and don't really like any of those suggestions.

#2 of 6 Old 01-01-2011, 02:48 PM

I don't have suggestions, but DD #2 is getting a "leftover" name. Actually it started as a joke name for DD#1 when people kept bugging us for names - it sounded real enough people were looking at us like "is this a joke or real?"

So when I got pregnant, we though, well I do like part of the name, how about we just change the middle name? And that is her name. We haven't been able to agree on another name in 9 months so that is what she is being named. It feels like it fits for her.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#3 of 6 Old 01-01-2011, 06:22 PM

I have no idea what we are naming our son!  and we have known he was a boy for a very long time.I really want his name to start with a B because then he and I will have the same initials.  we have his middle name picked out and obviously his last name but no idea really on the first name.  I really like Braeden but it is getting very common and we also don't like common names.  the other name we like kindof is Broderick and with the middle name Robert I don't really like the Ricky Bobby thing.  but that is all we have.  UGH!!!!!

Big Momma

#4 of 6 Old 01-02-2011, 06:03 AM

We don't have a name either! Of course we've known for quite awhile now we're having a boy. If it went the other way and there was a mistake a girl name would be easy, we've had two picked out since before we were married! No girls for us though. 

This time around I'm just not feeling connected with any names. We like Silas a lot but it doesn't go well with our last name at all :/ Here's our names we've thrown around if it helps

Teagan 

Avery

Owen

Drake

Nash

Gavin 

Maddox

Adler

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#5 of 6 Old 01-02-2011, 02:38 PM

I understand the whole not like popular names thing. With our first we fell in love with the name Madison and then found out how popular it is. That always bugged me but we went with it anyways and I am glad. There are a lot of Madison's but she is our 1 only Madison!! I say if you really like the name, dont let its popularity hold you back.

Wife to Joe since 2004
Mom to Madison 2005, Morgan 2006, Joseph (Cooper) 2009 and Jackson 2011
#6 of 6 Old 01-02-2011, 02:54 PM

I found names for DS1 and the soon-to-be DS2 the old fashioned way-by looking through baby name books. I didn't find Nymbler very helpful either. It just went on and on and it got tiresome. Check out your library, it should have lots of baby name books. I also wasn't too concerned with choosing/not choosing a popular name. If you like it, you like it.

Me bfinfant.gifDP caffix.gif one silly 5 year old  boy blahblah.gif and a brand new babyboy.gifcd.gif  signcirc1.gifgoorganic.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page