You know you're nine months pregnant when.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A trip to the grocery store tires you out so you have no desire to cook the food you just bought once you get home.

Relatives (who think they are funny) post comments about your size on FB when you post belly pics. irked.gif

You start silly threads in the DDC to distract yourself from all the babies being born! blush.gif

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#2 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so true with the grocery store!  I didn't even make it there today b/c I was too tired in the rainy gloom after doing a bunch of laundry. 

Plus I can't go when I'm hungry or I'll spend a fortune.

you know you're 9 months pregnant when you're walking out in public and have to stop every so often due to "ice pick vagina."  LOL  I just heard people calling those cervical twinges that the other day & I swear that's exactly what they've been feeling like!

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#3 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM

HAHAHA "Ice Pick Vagina"  -- that's hilarious!

I'm soo there with the grocery thing.  I go shopping, get home, and ask my husband what he's now going to go out and buy me for dinner -- lol.

You know you're 9 months pregnant when you randomly grunt when you move around, get up from sitting down, change positions, etc.  I swear I sound like some strange wild animal or something.

When you walk by your bathroom and figure you might as well just go pee since you're probably going to have to within the next 15 minutes anyway.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
#4 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Ice pick vagina, love it!!!!! The term, not the crazy feeling it describes.

The dog gives you a concerned look as you're grunting and moaning trying to get off the couch after you decided to lay down.

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#5 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM

Ha ice pick vagina!  Too funny, only because I can commiserate though:(

You know you're 9 months pregnant when - you lay in bed with a pillow under your head, one behind your back, one between your legs and one under your belly, and you still aren't comfortable enough to get to sleep! 

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#6 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Almost 10 months pregnant.. BUT

• You never answer your phone unless it's your husband. You're so tired of the "looky-loo" have you had the baby yet phonecalls. 
  • You start to google exactly how long you could theoretically be pregnant. And see that people rarely go past 43 weeks. That's awful. But do-able.
#7 of 22 Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 PM

... it's easier to roll out of bed and crawl back in than it is to simply turn over. 

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#8 of 22 Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:

When you walk by your bathroom and figure you might as well just go pee since you're probably going to have to within the next 15 minutes anyway.

LMAO .........I soooooo know this feeling !

Engaged to my soulmate Thomas ...mom to Benjamin (11) Savannah (under a year) , and expecting Henry (January 21, 2011 )
#9 of 22 Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 AM

I 'third' the whole stopping in while passing the bathroom thing--- with a giggle... and the strange wild animal grunts when changing positions, beljur!

You know you're 9,10,1000 months pregnant when...

you scan the inernet for birth stories and videos and cry at Every Single One.

All day and night you're cataloging the discomforts and never the pleasures of pregnancy, but somehow, when you manage to find the courage/audacity/drive to dtd, your sweetie calls you a superhero and you actually feel like one!

#10 of 22 Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeljur View Post

You know you're 9 months pregnant when you randomly grunt when you move around, get up from sitting down, change positions, etc.  I swear I sound like some strange wild animal or something.

LOL! I so notice this now. I worked full time when pregnant with the other 3, so I had to conduct myself "professionally" hee hee. So I kept the moaning, grunting to myself. This time around, I swear I make some sort of noise every time I move!

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#11 of 22 Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 PM

... when your "stance" could get you arrested in a public bathroom

... when you look at your biggest jeans and say- nah, those are too tight

... when it's easier to slide your feet then to pick them up

... when it takes you 3 hours to grocery shop... at one store

... when you drive three towns away to get lunch, and that it what you did for the morning

... when you contemplate leaving a change of pants in the car, "just in case" your water breaks

born to be a mom to Lilah Rose at home on 7-18-06 and a cranky wife to Johnny 12-05 ::
Home birth to Eirwen Claire on 1-06-11
#12 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 06:16 AM

ROTFLMAO.gif   All these are just toooo funny and so true!  I have one that may just apply to me but it's a funny ha ha between my DH and I.

You know your nine months pregnant when even your vagina looks like it's packed on a couple pounds blush.gif!

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#13 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 AM

... when it's near impossible to get up off the floor by yourself.

#14 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 AM

You wake up every morning surprised that you're still pregnant haven't gone into labor during the night.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#15 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly View Post

You wake up every morning surprised that you're still pregnant haven't gone into labor during the night.

All of the above apply to me, but this one is SO me right now! I feel like it's the movie Groundhog's Day. I wake up and think "Really, I'm still pregnant?!. I'm 4 days past EDD, which is when ds2 was born. I really thought I'd have this one by NOW!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#16 of 22 Old 01-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejagerw View Post

... when it's near impossible to get up off the floor by yourself.

Yep... happened to me yesterday.

... when you take the elevator one floor at the bookstore while the rest of the family climbs the stairs.

... when you screen your home phone calls for everyone except your homebirth helpers and the midwives.

... when you dig into the box of "giveaway" maternity clothes donated by your SIL and find the ones that were "too big for you".  They fit perfectly.

Mamma to Amelia (8/13/2006) Henry (7/28/2008), and Arthur (1/15/2011)
#17 of 22 Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 PM

When you're throwing up (again) and can't get up from the toilet.  And then you throw up again from crying so hard.

#18 of 22 Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

From this morning:

...when your toddler spills something on shirt and you let it dry to see if it really needs changing because putting a fresh shirt on him would mean going up the stairs.

...also you decide that red socks aren't that awful with a maroon shirt because another color of socks also require a trip upstairs.

...when you begin to think that having a newborn can't possibly leave you as exhausted as you are right now. (Oh, I really hope I don't end up eating those words!!!)

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#19 of 22 Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 PM

"... when you screen your home phone calls for everyone except your homebirth helpers and the midwives."

This, except with online chat also.  Last pregnancy SIL went crazy checking in on me -- I just looked back at my archives, and she IMed me to ask if I was in labor 20 times starting the day before my due date until I was finally in labor 13 days later.

"... when you dig into the box of "giveaway" maternity clothes donated by your SIL and find the ones that were "too big for you".  They fit perfectly."

And this.  (Except I didn't save all the clothes that were "too big" so I had to buy a couple pairs of jeans to get me through the next few weeks.  *sigh*)  I also admit to giving dh shirts for Christmas so he'd have enough for me to borrow. blush.gif

Laura geek.gif, mom to fencing.gif Savannah (born 10/2008) and Indy (born 01/2011), and babyf.gifCheyenne (born 11/2012)

#20 of 22 Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Yep for the clothes for me too.  I actually don't think they make maternity clothes that would fit me at this point.  I am living (when not at work) in sweatpants that are 2-3 sizes too big and held up (sort of) with a drawstring, and my DH's XL shirts.

... when you stop while scanning the dial on a country station, and can only listen to one or two songs, during which you cry the entire time.

... when your partner decides it is easier to just avoid you than deal with your extreme moodiness.

... when you have no room left in your freezer for anymore frozen lasagnas, casseroles, soups, or chilis.

#21 of 22 Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM

... when you start to use those frozen things you've been stocking up on because the idea of making dinner is just exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post

... when you have no room left in your freezer for anymore frozen lasagnas, casseroles, soups, or chilis.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#22 of 22 Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM

When sex is a way to get a baby out!  whistling.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page