Jan '11 DDC Newborn Chit Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 02-18-2011, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Caroline had her first doctor visit today, she weighed in at 11lbs,3.5oz and he said she's in the 75th percentile for both length and weight. I know what you mean Sarah - hard to believe she gets that much from sucking on my boobies, LOL lol.gif

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#62 of 63 Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 PM

Micah had a weight check today is up to 8lb 5oz. That is 2lbs in one month! Woohoo! His ped was happy that it was all breastmilk and no supplementation or fortified bottles so one major preemie worry is now off the table. I think it is funny that he is almost 3months old, but is the weight of many newborns.

He is doing really well. Obviously nursing is going well. smile.gif He also sleeps well when he is with us, but I would like to get him sleeping in his crib at least part of the time. Right now, he often (but not always!) has a good stretch of sleep in the early evening from 8-ish to midnight or so and is then up every 2 hours or so wanting to eat. I think part of the problem is that he falls back to sleep before completely filling up. He will nurse while we are laying in bed, but usually he needs to burp so it kind of defeats the convenience of it. My goal is to get him to fall asleep in his crib for the early part of the night and then bring him to bed with me if needed after his first waking. Hopefully, his sleeping will get longer and eventually he will sleep most of the night in his crib. That is what I am aiming for at least!

Evenings by myself with 3 kids is definitely a challenge. Luckily, they don't happen too often. Last night was pretty hard though because I had to also make cupcakes for my son's birthday at school today. Of course, it also happened to coincide with a night that Micah didn't want to sleep. I really need to learn the high back newborn carry so I can do some stuff in the kitchen while wearing him. I never figured it out with my other 2, but maybe 3rd time is the charm? I think it also might be much more of a necessity with #3!

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#63 of 63 Old 03-05-2011, 01:20 AM

Well my hubby left for Afghanistan Monday.  It has been a lot easier than I expected being alone with 5 kids, but we are only 1 week into a 26-52 week stint, so ask me again in a few months.  Liam had his 2 month checkup and he was 13lbs even, that is 3oz shy of 6 lbs over his birth weight, or 6lbs and some oz over his lowest hospital weight, however you want to look at it.  He's also grown 3 inches.  No concerns really.  He slept 9 hours straight one night this week, but I missed the nice long stretch because I was up every hour with ear pain.  My 2.5 yr old is daytime potty trained as of 3 weeks ago, still working on pooping in the potty, that is not going so well.  My very middle son turns 6 in 5 days.  The 13 & 14 yr olds have been amazing as far as helping out.  After 5 days of traveling to include Kuwait, and Dubai, my hubby made it safely to Afghanistan.  He got to call me today, and that was super awesome.  We will Skype once he has internet hooked up in his room.... which is actually just a 7ft x 7ft box, or partition made of particle board in a large warehouse.  I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but breastfeeding is awful on my diet, I always gain so much while nursing.  I really need to start working out more and eating less... but I feel like I am starving 24/7 and always crave sweets.  Blah!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page