Losing mucus plug - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last time I was induced as contractions were starting.  I want to get excited, but know I could still go to EDD or later, which is the 19th.  I feel crampy here and there, but that's all.  I'm getting impatient, but I do want it to happen on it's own. A friend from HS just had her baby today & wasn't due til 25th. Then an ex co-worker's wife is scheduled for induction on 19th & not due til 24th.  blah, the waiting game.

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
#2 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Right there with you.  I'm not due til the 28th, but lost plug parts over a couple of days ago...bloody show...the midwife I saw thursday thought a week or possibly 2 and I'd have the babe....  My last baby showed up 41w, though, and I know the same thing could happen now... It is a difficult place, the waiting place.   Yeah, any day or any WEEK....  I'm contracting like mad, too, which isn't painful per se, but certainly isn't comfortable or making me feel social or capable...

#3 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Are your contractions irregular still?  I'm not really having any, just some mild cramping. I tell myself it could still be a while, but really hoping I won't be late or induced like last time. 

SAHM. BF
#4 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Well... I'm in the waiting game with you.  DS1 came at 39w6d, DS2 at 40w4d, and I'm currently at 41 weeks.... WTF?!  In fact, several weeks ago, I was crampy on and off, had more on and off contrations... the last week or so, nothing!  I mean, a few BHs here and there, but I feel LESS far along this week than I did a month ago! Once I hit 42 weeks, the midwife can't deliver me at home.  She's a CNM, and has to be careful to keep her OB back up.  We are going with the 3rd though as my EDD, so it gives me an extra 2 days (til the 17th).  After that, she'd have to refer to me the OBs, although she could still deliver me at the hospital.  I want my homebirth though!!!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#5 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 PM

I'm in the waiting game too! a week ago i went to labor and delivery for tons of contractions and they said i was in the early stage of labor and the baby would come in a couple days...but im STILL waiting...im starting to get very impatient

#6 of 11 Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM

WTF! I am 41wks and 1 day and have been having braxton hicks like crazy (nursing a 2 1/2yr old) had 1 night of crampiness and that was lie 2wks ago and now nothing! Everyone (family) has been saying how early I was going to go, and I started to believe them...oh well I am waiting too. hopefully not too much longer!

#7 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Aubree-I hope u get ur homebirth & don't have to go to the hospital.

Mummy-does ur dr office tell u to go into the hospital?  They told me to call them if contractions were 7-10 min apart from each other to call them.

Cmnewbs-i was one week & one day late when i was induced & going into labor slowly w/ ds. Hope it's soon for u.

SAHM. BF
#8 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica82 View Post

Aubree-I hope u get ur homebirth & don't have to go to the hospital.

Mummy-does ur dr office tell u to go into the hospital?  They told me to call them if contractions were 7-10 min apart from each other to call them.

Cmnewbs-i was one week & one day late when i was induced & going into labor slowly w/ ds. Hope it's soon for u.

#9 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 11:39 AM

monica - my doctor told me to go straight to the hospital if i was having contractions 5 mins apart for an hour, if my water breaks, if im bleeding a lot, or if there is a decrease in the babys movement. 

#10 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm here playing the waiting game too. Bloody show 3 days ago with very mild cramps.  Nothing for the past two days.  I sure thought it was a "go" since my 2nd labor was 5.5 hours total!  Hmmm....

I'm due on the 14th, DC1 was 10 days past 40 - but induced since my water broke.  (But I now know it was just a tiny leak and I should NOT have gone to the hosp.)  DC2 was 42 weeks.

Got a pedicure today with extra ankle massage. Hoping for good cx tonight!!

#11 of 11 Old 01-09-2011, 12:49 PM

I'm waiting for just something, anything. It seems like I was having way more BH even last week, and now they seem to have disappeared, or else I'm not noticing them. I get tiny little menstrual-like cramps, but that has been the extent of it. Going to go out shopping for the rest of my supplies, maybe all the running will start helping stuff along a little bit, should be fun in my state of raging hormones eyesroll.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page