My baby arrived a little early - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was due January 10th and baby arrive January 4th, at 8:36 am. When they second babies come faster they are not kidding, I had contractions on and off around midnight the day before and then midnight the 4th they were suddenly 5 minutes apart. An hour later they were 3 minutes on the drive to the hospital. I arrived at 4 centimeters at around 2am when they checked me, and I think it was only an hour I was at 7. I don't know how long it took me to get to 9 and the doula was even shocked, but then things started to feel really bad and not right. I got an epidural at 9 centimeters, I think they were trying to put it off so I could push, but I tried and nothing happened, I just got a sharp sensation over my old scar and my hips felt like someone was breaking them apart. The midwife discovered while helping me push that I had some pelvic issues and the baby wasn't able to squeeze through. In fact she asked if I had broken my pelvis and I mentioned that I had x-rays when I was younger that I had a few vertrebra fused together and extra vertabre and the end of my spine and she mentioned that my tailbone went up, and probably what the baby was getting stuck on. I never mentioned it to them because when I mentioned it to my last OB and the other midwife group I was with they said that would not make a difference. But I guess it did!

Little bean was 6 pounds 5 ounces, stuck I think the midwife said "transverse of the head" and when tried to get her right, then her little hand would slip in front of her face.  I pushed her down to 2, and she would go right back up and this was for over 2 hours. During the c-section they had to repair some damage from my previous c-section, apparently when my OB nicked my bladder last time, there was some scar tissue and it was starting to tear. I also had some thinning of the uterus, it was starting to tear and I didn't have any pitocin, so I think it was just the wacky position she was in and maybe that was pushing against it or something.

But all is well, baby is well, and I felt it to be a very healing birth nonetheless, at least I know my c-section last time was probably for the same reason, although the treatment with the midwives was worlds better than it was with the OB last time. The midwives took the time to answer any question, explain to me what they thought was happening, and didn't seem agitated when I asked a bunch of other questions. We are still deciding on a name so I will post later. 

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 04:02 PM

Congratulations!!!  I'm so glad you can be with your baby and not struggle through the difficulties of pregnancy any longer!  Here's to a speedy healing and a beautiful babymoon!  Welcome baby girl!

#3 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Congrats! Enjoy your new baby love.gif

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#4 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 04:14 PM

Congratulations, mama!  I'm so glad you had a good birth experience, even if it wasn't exactly what you'd been hoping for!  I can't wait to find out the name and see pictures! :)

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#5 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Congrats mama, so glad things ended up smoothly dispute the bumps in the road. The universe unfold just as it should huh? That's what I keep marveling at as I read these birth stories.

Enjoy the bundle of joy!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#6 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 05:02 PM

Congratulations!! I felt the same after my VBAC attempt, I was very happy that I at least tried and there was a reason.

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#7 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 06:49 PM

Welcome, Baby!  It's great to hear that it was a healing birth.  smile.gif  Enjoy your babymoon!

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
#8 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Congratulations on your daughter and on your healing birth!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#9 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Congratulations!  I hope you have a quick healing while you enjoy your new little bundle.

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#10 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 PM
myk

congratulations!

January 2011
#11 of 12 Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM

congrats!  enjoy your baby girl & good luck picking her name!

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#12 of 12 Old 01-09-2011, 02:45 PM

Congrats! Glad all ended well! :)

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page