am I the only one still pregnant?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Due on tuesday the 18th and no baby yet...this should motivate me to get things done before she gets here, but it hasn't.  whistling.gif

fambedsingle1.gif, cd.gif, heartbeat.gif ECing, slinggirl.gif, bfinfant.gif, first time mama to Serena jog.gif 1.17.11

hang.gif   goorganic.jpg crochetsmilie.gif photosmile2.gif

WAHM, Independent Distributor
#32 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 08:31 AM

Due on Sunday (30th), I asked the Dr to check my cervix and it is totally closed.

Sigh.

Also, I have PUPPP, and am very eager to get this baby out so I can stop dreaming about grabbing a handful of forks to scratch my skin off with.

#33 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 AM

I am 42 weeks, 1 day and still here.  Sigh...

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#34 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 AM

sorry greenmulberry. i'm pretty miserable, but you sound worse off than me :(

hoping for a !
#35 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 12:40 PM

Still pregnant here and no sign of labor anytime soon.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#36 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM

yeahthat.gif  40 + 2

#37 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 01:00 PM

40 + 5.  :(

just had a very spicy burrito & pineapple.  I'll try anything natural at this point!  

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#38 of 48 Old 01-26-2011, 01:20 PM

40 + 4. I haven't been around very much but am resurfacing now at the end.....Made an acupuncture appointment tomorrow and keep trying to repeat to myself that babies know when to be born, babies know when to be born.....

#39 of 48 Old 01-27-2011, 05:59 AM

41 today.  SO ready.  dc1 and 2 were both late, so i'm not surprised, but still....

mountain loving, nursing, homebirthing mama to beany (12.05), zoomy (4.09), and one more in january.
#40 of 48 Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 AM

The hospital I go to, which I normally love, schedules induction when you are in your 41st week. I am not happy about that one thing, I suppose I could fight it.

I am going to let them strip my membranes on Monday, when i am 40 w 1 d, because I really don't want to get to 41.

#41 of 48 Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 AM

40+1 over here... never thought I would go this late since DS was born at 39 weeks. Everything is calm in the belly and LO seems to be very comfortable in there. I am miserable though.....

#42 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 06:29 AM

Still pregnant.

We are going to have the "Midwest storm of the Decade" (cue scary music) with 12 + inches of snow starting on Tuesday. I bet that is when I will have the baby and need to go to the hospital.

#43 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 AM

I'm having the same thought greenmulberry.  We have a 45 min drive to the birth center from our house.  While I've been sort of thinking "a home birth wouldn't have been all that different after all", I was thinking of a planned, attended home birth--not Sweet Husband and the "emergency delivery" chapter of "What to Expect...."

I've been whispering to the small fella "You can either come today, or make yourself comfortable until Thursday, but no in-between!"

#44 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 AM

I'm 40+3 now...not really a surprise but I am SO tired all the time so I guess I'm ready.  This week might be nice....

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#45 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM

I just got back from my Dr appt. They refused to check my cervix because the baby was so high they said there was no point in checking, I wouldn't be dialated at all with the baby so high.

40w 1 day.

#46 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 PM

41 here now. I've scheduled with an acupuncturist on Wed. I have a MW appointment tomorrow, I don't think I want a stretch and sweep until after I've had a chance to let the acupuncture work a little, but I'll cave to it later in the week if it means no hospital birth. Been pretty tired and felt like doing nothing the past day and a half, maybe this means more than just too many nighttime bathroom trips?

We are supposed to get freezing rain starting tonight through Wednesday morning irked.gif, I'll take snow over that any day, so now I just hope he hangs in until at least later on Wednesday.

greenmulberry - I hate hearing they didn't even check you, much less stripping your membranes. Hang in there. My GF that delivered her first recently carried really high through her whole pregnancy. She said baby didn't really drop at all as she went into labor on her own, she did say that she had to push an awful lot though.

#47 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 01:58 PM

Intoit-  Well I wanted them to strip my membranes, but, my doctor said that because the baby was so high, that my cervix would be very closed and it would be painful, and greatly increase the risk of accidentally busting my bag of waters while they did it. And he said if they broke the waters early I would likely end up being induced. He knows I really, really don't want to be induced so I held off. He would have done it if I insisted but I got scared.

They checked me middle of last week and my cervix was closed up tight. So, I guess I wait. I have been DTD almost every day since my appointment last week, which is a lot of effort at 40 weeks, hoping to get things moving.

#48 of 48 Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 PM

When I checked yesterday I still hadn't begun to dilate either. That's with EPO caps orally and vaginally, and trying to DTD, every other day is about as close as we've been able to get, starting to become tedious! I'm curious to see what I'll get told if I get an internal, but still going to hold off on it. I worry that even if I am able to get a membrane sweep done it'll make for an uncomfortable time waiting for labor to start, not a bad thing unless it takes more than a day. I don't want to risk breaking the bag either, then having to go on the clock.

I did have US/NST today, and baby is still super great. I'm so grateful for that, but still worried he's gonna try and cook until the 42 week mark.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page