Waiting... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, after trying castor oil, and having what I thought was baby-having labor for 5-6 hours two days ago, my body relaxed.  I stopped having nightly annoying painful braxton hicks altogether, and I no longer felt I was on the verge of birthing.  I saw my midwife for an appointment yesterday, and she surprised us by declaring me to be 5-6cms open already!  It is a strange feeling to be walking around like that.  Guess my castor oil "labor' did a little work after all!  I had a chiropractor appointment scheduled today anyway, so I'm off for that, and hopefully more news soon! 

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
#2 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Maybe if you feel like trying it again you might go into full on labor since you are already 5-6 cm.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Ick, I don't want to try it again!  I got some bad diarrhea cramps afterwords.  I have been losing some bloody mucus and a big plug this morning.  My first labor was started with my water breaking, then 6 hours later, contractions, which just became more and more intense until the birth 6 hours later.  This one has dragged on for a couple weeks and it's so challenging mentally!  I feel like today might be the day, but I've thought that  before.  Anyone else feeling that?

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
#4 of 5 Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily11megan View Post

This one has dragged on for a couple weeks and it's so challenging mentally!  I feel like today might be the day, but I've thought that  before.  Anyone else feeling that?

Oh, absolutely. It's torture! For the past few weeks, about every other day I'll get these bad cramps and think, "this could be it," and I'm always disappointed.

#5 of 5 Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hope you are cuddling a little one soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page