NO homebirth for me...and I can't stop crying about it. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just got the news....my hemoglobin (despite me doing everything to raise it) has stayed at exactly 88. My homebirth option is GONE.

I am crying so hard I can barely breath.......

#2 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aw....I am so sorry.  How disappointing.  Cry it out.  It's not fun to have to change plans so late in the game.  Take some time to grieve...then maybe you can focus on making your hospital birth what you want it to be.  I'm SO sorry.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#3 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 AM

88? That number doesnt really make any sense. How long have you been tring to raise it? What have you been doing? When are you due?

#4 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 AM

i'm sorry.... ::hugs::

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

#5 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 AM

So sorry Mama. You go ahead and cry.  It sucks when you have your heart set on something and it doesn't work out.  I know it's tough to switch gears, but you can do it and still have a beautiful birth.

Hugs to you.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#6 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 AM

That's difficult and disappointing - how sad.  If you were going to have a midwife present for your homebirth, then is there an option to have the midwive(s) with you at the hospital?

#7 of 9 Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM

Oh mama, I am so sorry.  I cried for two days when I lose my homebirth, then I got mad, then I was able to accept it.  In the end, I was glad it happened the way it did because I truly believe had I not gone to the OB my midwife recommended and become an established patient, that I would have ended up with a c-section.  I hope you still have a wonderful birth.  I am so sorry for all you are going through though.  I remember feeling so betrayed by my body.  :(

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#8 of 9 Old 01-19-2011, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Okay in the US I think my hemoglobin would be 8.8. I have been doing everything possible to raise it for a month now. The number hasn't budged. AT ALL.

Yes.....for right now I will still have my midwife attend. I guess that is good.

Right now, I am trying to cling onto hope that I can find some miracle that will get my homebirth back. ANYTHING.

#9 of 9 Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 PM

hug2.gif  And I  just wanted to share that I had planned a birth center birth, but had to be induced at 38 weeks for a condition that could've been harmful to my baby.  My midwife was able to deliver me in the hospital and we had a really wonderful, minimal intervention birth (which is rare to say about a medically necessary induction).  In some ways I feel like this birthing experience was more hands-off than my oldest's birth center birth.  I think having a care provider who respects your opinions and assists you in making decisions instead of making them for you can make all the difference regardless of where you birth.  NOTHING was done to me without my permission.  Every choice that was made was MY choice.  I am thrilled with my daughter's birth even though it wasn't at all what we had planned.  She was born on the floor of our hospital room bathroom.  She came so fast she was almost born into  the toilet and the midwife barely got into the bathroom in time to help me catch her.  It was nothing I ever envisioned.  And it was perfect.  

I'm hoping for a perfect hospital birth for you too.  But go ahead and allow yourself to grieve over losing your homebirth.  Don't let anyone tell you how you should feel.  

Mama to two sweet boys and a baby girl.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page