c-section mommies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How are you doing with your recovery? I planned and hoped and tried for a vbac, but it didn't happen, the midwives tried so hard too, I made it to 9 centimeters without any drugs, but then the pain seemed abnormal and after getting an epi and pushing for 2 1/2 hours without the baby moving down at all, I decided on a repeat c-section.

Anyway, this recovery has been so much harder than my first and I pushed for much longer with my first and she was 2 pounds heavier! I remember feeling normal after 3 weeks or so last time. A few days after getting home from the hospital this time, I got a bladder infection that wasn't detected until 8 days after my fever started. I have 2 more days on antibiotics but it's still a little hard for me to tell when I have to pee, I am still taking percocet some days, and I am getting depressed because I am not bouncing back as well. thank goodness I have a very content and predictable baby this time, otherwise I would be miserable.

Anyone else have a harder than expected recovery? I am beating myself up for still asking for help and needing pain drugs, I am being so hard on myself which is making things worse. I feeling like I am wishing the month away just so I can feel better faster, but that means my baby gets older faster too!

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#2 of 5 Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM

I had my 3rd CS just about 2 weeks ago.  I would say my recovery after the 3rd has actually been a little easier than the first two that were not planned.  I actually found my worst recovery to be my 2nd CS.  I tried for a VBAC and I too made it to about 9 cm but the baby got into a weird position and wouldnt come down any further.  I actually think that it was worse becuase I labored so long and then had surgery on top of it.  Having a CS is major surgery and I think sometimes because its connected with a happy occassion we forget that.  Its not an easy recovery at all.  Even with my 3rd time after 2 weeks I am still in pain.  My body feels worn and I recently now have a cold.  So be easy on yourself and take help so that you can feel well.

Kerry, happy wife to hubby Chad, mama to ds 6, Rainbow ds 2, and 4
#3 of 5 Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 AM

I guess technically I didn't have an RCS, but the outcome  regarding recovery was the same....I had my VBAC followed by an emergency hysterectomy where they re-opened the prior c-section scar to remove my uterus.  Good times.

The recovery from the CS actually hasn't been so bad this time, but then week 2 my DD was back in the hospital due to RSV so I didn't have much time to think about myself.  Honestly, I wish I hadn't gone for the VBAC and had gone straight to the c-section as I had originally planned (water broke a few days prior to planned section and we decided to go with a trial of labor).  The VBAC was fairly traumatic in its own right and while my stomach and c-section feel pretty good right now, it is my episiotomy and hemorrhoids (which I never had before pushing) that are still giving me issues right now.

Lilymonster - I am sorry things didn't go as planned for you (I can certainly sympathize on that one). I hope your healing from here on out goes quickly!

Tracy

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!
#4 of 5 Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 AM

Lilymonster - I think you have to give yourself a break...I know easier said than done. Remember with your first c/s you didn't have a 3 year old to run after! I know that's what is really tiring me out this time around. Plus I'm not one to "sleep when the baby sleeps"...um plus I can't with an active 3 yo and two school age kids. I get up in the morning to help get the kids off to school and I seriously just want to go back to bed sooo bad when they get on the bus!

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#5 of 5 Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justduckyangie View Post

Lilymonster - I think you have to give yourself a break...I know easier said than done. Remember with your first c/s you didn't have a 3 year old to run after! I know that's what is really tiring me out this time around. Plus I'm not one to "sleep when the baby sleeps"...um plus I can't with an active 3 yo and two school age kids. I get up in the morning to help get the kids off to school and I seriously just want to go back to bed sooo bad when they get on the bus!

I have had a lot of help...but yeah, I am too hard on myself. I feel guilty for not spending time with my daughter, 3/4 is a hard age as it is, and now seeing mommy not being able to play with her, I feel so bad for her too. So I know I want to get better for that reason.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page