Pablo Alberto...another speedy birth...and boy #4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pablo Alberto was born at home on 1/19. He is 8lbs 4oz and 20 1/2 inches. 
I woke up that morning, 41 weeks 1 day, with period like cramps. I knew that was the day. They persisted all day, lost my mucus plug and was, well, poopy all day as well.
I went about my day, took kids to library story time, picked first grader up from school. Still nothing more than period cramps. By dinner contractions had actually begun but were fairly sparse and tolerable. Husband went about bathing kiddos and getting them ready for bed. I puttered around trying to assess the immediacy of the situation. So far, I was still talking and walking and they were not on top of each other at all.
Then, I was reading stories through contractions to my oldest boys at 6:45pm. Had my husband call my midwife at 7, eventhough I thought I might be jumping the gun bit. I could still talk but I didn't want to!...midwife is 1 hour away so I wanted to be cautious! Went down to my birthing spot in the basement and lay down. My body began pushing on it's own at 7:20 or so. I hollered up to my husband and he came downstairs. I told him my body was pushing and I couldn't controll it. I could feel baby moving down. He was in a double panic because our 2 year old had pooped out of his diaper, all over his pjs and sheets. He tended to that issue and about 10 minutes later my midwife's assistant arrived. My sister in law arrived sometime in there to care for the boys. Midwife assistant said it was time to get the boys as baby would be here soon. I couldn't believe it. My last 3 labors I had to push for 2 1/2 hours. Boys arrived and hung over the back of the couch quietly watching. My 6.5 year old grabbed my hand and held it between a contraction. I'll never forget that as long as I live. Baby was born in the water at 8:08. 
My midwife was stuck on the highway behind an accident so she missed the birth.

We now have 4 boys. This was HBAC #3. I'm very proud and feeling fantastic!  
Baby is awesome and has tons of hair!

Oh, and so much for Dr Shettles' theory. I had 3 ovulation day boys (not on purpose just happened to be that way). So naturally when I saw the "deed" was done 4 days prior to ovulation I was just positive it was a girl. This is the first time I have ever been surprised by the gender, eventhough we never find out ahead of time.
What a great discovery it was.
The perfect baby, the perfect birth. What a way to end
my birthing career.

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#2 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Congratulations!  That is such a great story!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#3 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM

So happy for you. That is a quick one!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page