I had my baby..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Friday Jan 21 at 11:55am. 8 pounds 9 ounces. 21. 5 inches long. Healthy. Happy.

Unfortunately it was a hospital birth .....story later....here is a little bit.....

--I will have to write out the birth story. The hospital experience was like the Twilight Zone. When we arrived at the LABOUR AND DELIVERY unit the nurse was completely and udderly confused as to why we were there. asking us a couple ti...mes with a really confused look on her face.....she gave us a lecture....then walked away leaving us standing there. So....we kind of looked around for another nurse. I asked where the washroom was...and the second nurse was not going to tell me where it was unless I told her what I planned to do in there....I tried three times to explain that I just wanted to know where it was....not that I had to go right then.
In the first 45 minutes we were there they got us to move rooms THREE times.....in labour....FUN!
Then the nurse had to start an IV, she tried twice, didn't get (I have the huge bruises to show) ....I think it may have been easier if she would have waited until between contractions instead of right in the middle of them. LOL.....but who am I? LOL.
Then the lady came in to take blood....which she did it the middle of the contraction...I have a bruise from that too.
(The IV was started first try from the midwife...no pain....no bruises....though she didn't do it during a contraction either....)
And they are building a new hospital so they aren't fixing or cleaning anything in our hospital.....it is really really really gross. My husband said "hold on , I am going to rinse out the shower, someone was in there with their boots on..." NOPE that was the FLOOR.....dirty. YUCK.
BUT>>>>I only had to stay 12 hours total. That is not the whole story.....I will get to it soon. 

#2 of 4 Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That is freaky.  Congrats on your little one...in any case.  I can't wait to read the rest of it.

#3 of 4 Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM

What??!? How freaking bizarre. I am glad that your little one is happy and healthy. Congratulations, and looking forward to your tale.

#4 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 07:58 AM

Crazy! I am glad everyone is healthy and okay.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page