Leaky boobs, favorite breast pads? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have tried, and loved LilyPadz, for the first couple weeks until the tacky wore off.... $20 for less than a month of use?  No thanks.

I have some wool ones, but they are so huge I never wear them (think of the size of a salad plate).

I got a couple kinds from Babies R Us that are cotton, but I might as well be wearing nothing at all.

This is so frustrating!  Anyone found any reusable breast pads that work well?  Especially in the early, super leaky days?

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#2 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Nothing I've found thats reusable works in the beginning for me. I'm a super over producer at first and I want to leak a ton to relieve the pressure - I use flat diapers on the other side while nursing so all of the extra goes into that (and I'll soak the whole thing) and so that way I save the pads (I use the lansinoh right now) for in between. 

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#3 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 PM

I have to use a folded prefold because it's the only thing that will hold all the milk that leaks out.

Anjuli, SAHM to B (5-20-2008) and Wife to B (6-28-2006)
EDD 1/14/2011
#4 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
mra

Bamboobies! Love them! The fleece overnight ones are amazing. I was crying when I first started breastfeeding because the pads I had were making my already sore nipples worse. These are fabulous. You can order from Amazon. If you sign up for Amazon Mom you can get free 2 day shipping. Check them out on Facebook. If you arder from bamboobies there is a discount code on one of their posts. Lots of moms have also blogged about them. Just do a google search and you will find them.

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

#5 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Oh thank you!!  I saw them on Amazon yesterday and they looked like they might work, so I added a 6 pack (3 day, 3 night) to my wish list.  I will join the FB page now and see if I can get them for cheaper.  WOOHOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra View Post

Bamboobies! Love them! The fleece overnight ones are amazing. I was crying when I first started breastfeeding because the pads I had were making my already sore nipples worse. These are fabulous. You can order from Amazon. If you sign up for Amazon Mom you can get free 2 day shipping. Check them out on Facebook. If you arder from bamboobies there is a discount code on one of their posts. Lots of moms have also blogged about them. Just do a google search and you will find them.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#6 of 8 Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM

I have some from Homestead Emporium - I love them you can't even see them. The shipping takes a while.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#7 of 8 Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 AM

I tried the bamboobies. They did not work for me. Every time I wore them they leaked. I have a fleece pair I bought last pregnancy that work well. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got them. I wish I had ordered more.

#8 of 8 Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM

about the lilypadz.... I found they lasted longer if washed with soap, water, & vinegar.  (not every time in vinegar but maybe once a day or so??)

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page