Any other 10 month mamas out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 01-27-2011, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

42w1d... hanging in there.  Had acupuncture yesterday which seemed to be doing something, but nothing really happened.  Tried some homeopathy, got adjusted by my OMT, doing the natural prostoglandins ;-) and yet clearly this little guy isn't quite ready to show up yet.  Everything is a go for the birth... tub is set up, everything is washed, my kids are spending the next 3 nights with relatives, I stopped working at the end of last week and I'm BORED (and tired... of course). 

How are the other "late" mommas doing?  How you holding up?  What are you doing while you wait?

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
#2 of 44 Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Whining and complaining mostly.  I've had two acupuncture treatments, taken homeopathics, herbs, and castor oil...multiple times.  I just feel irritated and resigned  to carrying one of those freaky calcified babies around for 50 years.

#3 of 44 Old 01-28-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyMama View Post

Whining and complaining mostly.  I've had two acupuncture treatments, taken homeopathics, herbs, and castor oil...multiple times.  I just feel irritated and resigned  to carrying one of those freaky calcified babies around for 50 years.

LOL... every time I say "no one's ever been pregnant forever" (you know, when the 50th person of the day asked if I've had this baby yet) I have that niggling little thought in the back of my head of those calcified babies... shudder. 

I politely declined a biophysical profile for today, but might do one early next week if baby doesn't decide to show up.  I really hope I don't see 43 weeks. 

momma to DS9 ribbonjigsaw.gif, DD5 dust.gif, and the newest edition, DS born Jan 2011 hbac.gif
#4 of 44 Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 AM

41 weeks today & the entire house is clean AGAIN, laundry is done, babystuff organized...

midwife suggested acupuncture just today & something about adrenal support - I have no idea what that means though.  I'm seeing her tomorrow & she wants a u/s to 'check' fluid levels, position, etc..  (kind of medical of her, but at this point I don't care)

I've eaten spicy food - but i'll eat more, pineapple, hiked a ton lately, & actually feel pretty good most of the time.  I don't know what else I can do besides the castor oil.  I'll do that if I have to at some point though.  I want to do this at home and I don't think she likes going past 42 weeks...  

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#5 of 44 Old 01-28-2011, 12:01 PM

I'm closing in on 41 weeks... does that count yet? Sitting and waiting as well, trying loads of romaine lettuce with balsamic vinegar today. I think I've tried all the "home remedies" to coax the LO out aside from castor oil, cohoshes, and acupuncture... I'm going to ask for a referral for acupuncture next week if nothing is happening yet, I'd prefer that to a strip and sweep. I feel very fortunate though, I am more annoyed with the "remedies" than I am with being pregnant at this point, I just want him to come before 42 weeks on his own so I can still deliver in the birth center.

In the meanwhile, I am enjoying the days, sleeping in, keeping things nice and tidy, taking long warm baths, and today I am going to give myself a manicure smile.gif

#6 of 44 Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 PM

if 10 months is defined as 40+ weeks, then i'm barely part of the club. however, my daughter was born at 41w6d, so i'm not exactly holding my breath.

i was expecting more since my body seems is way more in gear than it ever was with my daughter. i lost my plug on tuesday, but still nothing.

i cleaned the baseboards in my kitchen today and totally re-organized and cleaned up the medicine cabinet. it is pristine. i'm just taking things one room at a time. this place will be ready for a magazine by the time i'm done with it :p .

hoping for a !
#7 of 44 Old 01-29-2011, 08:21 AM

I'm 40+1 today so I guess I'm official here?  My homebirth mw also suggests non-stress tests and fluid checks starting at 41 weeks so I guess if baby doesn't arrive this week, I will do that.  I was hoping not to have to do any of that medical stuff but if it comes to that, and baby is doing ok, then I'll know I don't have to do anything (even natural stuff) to try and kick baby out.  I'm exhausted but want baby to come when he/she is ready.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#8 of 44 Old 01-29-2011, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

DDCC - You guys are really troopers. I would be OUT-OF-MY-MIND by 40+ weeks. I am only 37.5 weeks now. If anyone wants another thing to try to bring labor on I would suggest a saline or warm water enema...I tried this and lost my plug the next day and have been having LOTS of pre-labor ever since. I wasn't trying the enema to induce, I only tried it as a last resort to some nasty constipation issues I was having but apparently it did do something. Good luck mommies.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#9 of 44 Old 01-30-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemasita View Post

I'm 40+1 today so I guess I'm official here?  My homebirth mw also suggests non-stress tests and fluid checks starting at 41 weeks so I guess if baby doesn't arrive this week, I will do that.  I was hoping not to have to do any of that medical stuff but if it comes to that, and baby is doing ok, then I'll know I don't have to do anything (even natural stuff) to try and kick baby out.  I'm exhausted but want baby to come when he/she is ready.

Sending soon labor vibes to you and to let you know that 40 +1 day especially for a first time mom is normal and nothing to be stressing about. My first came at 41 1/2 weeks and I being the first born was 2 weeks "late".

#10 of 44 Old 01-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex_millie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemasita View Post

Sending soon labor vibes to you and to let you know that 40 +1 day especially for a first time mom is normal and nothing to be stressing about. My first came at 41 1/2 weeks and I being the first born was 2 weeks "late".

My mom was "late" with all 4 of us so I'm not too surprised!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#11 of 44 Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Me!!! My last baby came at 42+5 (had a membrane sweep at 42+3, went into labor at 42+4)! My first was a c/s as a result of a failed induction at almost 41 weeks.

Today I am 40+5 and starting to get anxious... this VBAC will be in the hospital so doc is not letting me go past 42 weeks... PRAYING labor starts soon!!

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

#12 of 44 Old 01-31-2011, 03:16 PM

I see that some have tried castor oil...anyone tried a castor oil shake? I've had several clients that have had success with this but you have to follow it exactly and be at least dilated to 2cm and 50% effaced. The egg binds with the fat in the ice cream and keeps it in your stomach instead of miserably sending it straight thru you. It's best to do it first thing in the morning after a good night's sleep. Here's the recipe if you're interested...

Blend well and consume all within 30 min:

2 cups of ice cream (any kind)

2 oz of castor oil

1 egg

milk to thin 

If no contractions after 2 hours, you can do a second shake.

#13 of 44 Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douladianne View Post

I see that some have tried castor oil...anyone tried a castor oil shake? I've had several clients that have had success with this but you have to follow it exactly and be at least dilated to 2cm and 50% effaced. The egg binds with the fat in the ice cream and keeps it in your stomach instead of miserably sending it straight thru you. It's best to do it first thing in the morning after a good night's sleep. Here's the recipe if you're interested...

2 oz of castor oil

1 egg

milk to thin 

I was considering castor oil but told it may not be safe in a VBAC birth... do you know about this?? I have had one successful HBAC, 2 years ago.

#14 of 44 Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFTB1177 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by douladianne View Post

2 oz of castor oil

1 egg

milk to thin 

I was considering castor oil but told it may not be safe in a VBAC birth... do you know about this?? I have had one successful HBAC, 2 years ago.

my midwives said castor oil is not recommended for us vbac mommas; but membrane sweeps, acupuncture, the cohoshes, homeopathy are all things they recommended.

#15 of 44 Old 02-03-2011, 04:54 AM

who else is still here with me?

hoping for a !
#16 of 44 Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 AM

Count me still. Hopefully he comes before 42!

#17 of 44 Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Me, I am still here. I just posted in Intoit's thread but probably should have posted here.

I am so sick of being pregnant. Not as much as some of you ladies I am sure, but still.

I am at work today and want to smack the next person who asks, "haven't had that baby yet huh?"

Yes, yes I have had the baby. I am just wearing a fake belly and coming to work to play a trick on all you fools.

#18 of 44 Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 AM

Home birth midwives that I've worked with will use the castor oil shake. I don't recommend using straight castor oil as this is what produces the strong abdominal cramping and diarrhea. Again, only if your cervix is dilated to at least 2 cm and you're 50% effaced. I've had two vbac clients do shakes...one got it going and the other started on her own a couple days later. I have found if your body is ready, it works about 80% of the time.

#19 of 44 Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hi, I'm rain and I rarely post here. I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow. This will be my fifth baby, fourth UC, and I've never gone this far. I don't believe in any help getting labor started, so I just wait. This is really hard! Nice to see other mamas out there in the same boat.

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#20 of 44 Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Well well! I just had ONE small contraction! This was after taking a nice long walk.

I had been paying very close attention to all my stomach pains for the last few weeks but haven't had anything I could call a contraction.  But this was pretty certain to me.(and it hurt!) I know a lot of people have random contractions for weeks up until the birth but I am hoping this might be the start of the real deal?

I am going to go take another walk and pick up some lunch.

#21 of 44 Old 02-04-2011, 05:17 PM

I'm still here too! Almost 42 weeks, ugh!

#22 of 44 Old 02-05-2011, 05:47 AM

Today I am going to drag DH to the mall and make him walk with me. We both so seriously dislike the mall, but I need to get walking and we are in an area that had that recent mega blizzard. I don't usually make him go places he doesn't want to go, but I worry about going out by myself right now, I might, you know, go into labor and need help or something.

#23 of 44 Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
PiI believe I will do the same. I am also nervous about going anywhere alone these days. My husband travels for work Monday through Friday so I should take advantage of his presence. I've got a sick kid at home too, so this all depends on how she's feeling. Tomorrow is her birthday. I really can't believe I haven't had her youngest sibling yet... Oh! ! I just remembered I promised ear piercings as my gift! Now I have an excuse to go to the mall... 42w1d

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & cautiously expecting baby girl 8/14
#24 of 44 Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM

Checking in at 41 + 5. Been getting some regular contractions, but they are very weak, so hopefully something will happen soon praying.gif

#25 of 44 Old 02-07-2011, 07:30 AM

I am so super down about being late. I am 41 w 1 day. I know not as late as others here but I am just so unreasonably sad about this for some reason. I just feel so over the top emotional about this, I keep telling myself maybe I am having some pre labor hormone surge, I am sitting at my desk at work and have to keep wiping tears away.

The OB I go to, who has been super cool, mellow, and hands off about everything this whole time, has suddenly morphed into an induction happy alter ego and is making appointments for induction later this week. It is so weired. I am too depressed and tired to argue about it. Plus I do want this to be over.

I have started to get panicky that something is wrong with the baby. She hasn't dropped, and she spends a lot of time really flailing around hard. Like she turns sideways in my belly and kicks and stretches hard. I end up with sore spots from the kicking. It makes me worry, what if she is caught up in the cord and cannot get free? Is that why she hasn't dropped down?

I have another appointment tomorrow. Will ask them to check my cervix and membrane sweep if possible.

#26 of 44 Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Still here, 41 weeks today... Still nothing at all going on as far as I know...

I have a OB appointment tomorrow. NST, ultrasound, the whole deal. Not looking forward to my doc going on about her weight again :(

Every day I see my chances of a VBAC get smaller and smaller. It's really depressing me.

Come on baby, come out!!!!

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow Greenmulberry! I hope we are both starting to dialate now! I'm also going to ask for a membrane sweep if I am dialated any. Surely I am by now... sigh.

Clara (28), DH (37), DD1 (02/14/07), DD2 (02/09/11) and baby #3 on the way, due 9/12/12.

#27 of 44 Old 02-07-2011, 02:17 PM

I've hit 42 weeks, and they're going to induce me with pit tomorrow greensad.gif. I'm somewhat relieved that I'll be able to quit worrying about this all when it's over, but deeply saddened that I'm being induced as I really wanted all of this to happen on it's own. I have done everything in the book to try and get this LO to come out, and he's just not having it.

greenmulberry, my babe is crazy active too! He's really been stretching his legs out and poking my sides where he didn't before. Maybe yours is trying to figure out what position she wants to hang out in? Movement is a good thing, and you might not drop till you start laboring, so don't worry yet smile.gif. At this point it's so easy to get caught up into all the "what ifs" and worry over everything, so hang in there and try to relax.

I sure hope things move along for the rest of our January mommas smile.gif

#28 of 44 Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 PM

Intoit, I understand why you are sad. All this time I prepared myself mentally for labor and birth, took classes and all that, but for some reason, the thought that I might not go into labor naturally never occured to me!

Soon you will have your baby though! I hope you have an easy labor and will think of your tomorrow. Take care.

#29 of 44 Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 AM

Green Mulberry don't lose hope.  I know it's hard...really really hard.  I just had my little one (VBAC) 1 day before the 41 week mark.  Up until that point I had only dilated 1 cm, effaced 50%, and baby was at -2.  Needless to say I was stressed and depressed.  Then it all happened at once my water broke, contractions started and four hours later I had a baby. She didn't drop until the very end and it was quick. So I am now a believer, although things may seem at a standstill, they can happen all at once and super fast!  I'll be thinking about you and good luck.  Good luck to all of you!

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#30 of 44 Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM

Well, went to Dr today and I am 1cm, and -3. I told them I wanted membrane strip but they said I needed to be more dilated. They did try but couldn't do it.

They want to admit me Wednesday night, get a cervical ripener, and then begin the induction in the morning.

I had a NST today that made them worried, although was followed up with a good one otherwise they wanted to induce me like right now after that first one! I was like, eek!

She has told me to do nipple stimulation as much as I can tonight. But she also said that if my cervix looks tomorrow like it does today, they are going to use cytotec. I talked with her a bit about it, seemed rather extreme, but she said that so many first time inductions fail that she wants to hit my cervix with the big guns right away and she feels it will make the rest of the induction go more gently. I have always heard bad things about cytotec, but I also admit I have been DTD frequently these last weeks, so apparently bathing my cervix in hormones is not cutting it anyway.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page