Anyone else trying/new to babywearing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is our 2nd & she's 3 weeks old. I want to order a nice wrap but unsure what kind. Found a company I like and it's a local one that supports work at home moms. They have buckle tais, half buckle tais & mai tai. Not sure what will work best for longest amt of time. Leaning toward buckle tai b/c it seems to be easiest, but wondering if other ones will be lighter for later. What do u use...?

Monica-28, DH, Andrew-29 DS-almost 3, DD born 1/13/2011.
SAHM. BF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM

My Mei Tai is one of my favorite carriers. I have a traditional one that ties. Once you wear and tie it a few times it's easy. The only thing I can think is the one that ties might be more adjustable in the long run compared to the buckle ones.

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM

I really want to try babywearing again with this baby.  Our first HATED being worn, she would scream the entire time and I tried a sling, a Mei Tai and, an Ergo and (gasp) a baby Bjorn.  The Ergo was the only thing she tolerated for even a few minutes.....oddly enough she liked the Bjorn when DH wore her in it but didn't like it with me. 

DS is very clingy and wants to be held all day long, making it pretty difficult to get things done around the house and even more difficult to keep a 2 year old occupied all day.  I am really hoping he will take to being worn to make my life easier!  I've been contemplating buying an Ergo but DH doesn't want me to spend that much on a carrier considering the luck I had trying to wear DD when she was a baby.

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I had/have a chico one but barely used it w/ DS-just neither of us were a fan.  I saw the mai tai, but I'm a little intimidated. That's why I thought about half buckle tai b/c it has a buckle and a tie...so thinking it's a little more user friendly, but maybe bc it only has one tie it will be more adjustable/longer lasting than the buckle tai that has 2 buckles. I'm just so darn indecisive.  The buckle tai is most expensive.

SAHM. BF
Old 02-02-2011, 07:03 PM
mra

My husband and I use the Moby. It looked intimidating at first because there is so much fabric, but I got the hang of it after a few times.

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I would recommend going by http://thebabywearer.com and looking up the company you are considering to see if there are positive or negative reviews. I have a Mei Tai I bought off eBay that's ok until baby gets a bit heavy. I also have a pouch sling, a ring sling, a stretchy wrap (Moby), a woven wrap (Didymos) and an Ergo. I haven't used the Ergo with an ity-bitty one but it's great for infants and toddlers - I think the padded waist is a big part of that. With my newborn, I've been using the pouch sling, the Moby and the Didymos. I used the Mei Tai this morning and not impressed - I'll grab it again once he's a bit bigger (or nothing else is close by).

I will admit that I've been curious about a half buckle but I don't think hubby would approve of me getting another carrier!

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thx for sharing everyone! I ended up getting a buckle tai-which has 2 straps/clips. I bought it from a company back in NC. I am getting a pocket & a sleep hood. It was the most expensive one, but I think it will work for us. The others are cheaper so if I end up getting a diff one later on it will seem to cost so much less. I can't wait for it to get here. DD loves to be held facing me...and others.

SAHM. BF

User Tag List