The "I still look pregnant" thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Got another "are you pregnant?" comment from a sweet, well-meaning friend today and am wondering if (hoping) I am not the only one who still has a "baby bump" at 2+ months pp... 

I told her no, but now that I think about it... I've been ravenously hungry the last few days, refluxy since yesterday, and have been gagging just a little on my vitamins in the morning... but bfing can make you crazy hungry, and my hormones are still probably evening out from having a baby, right...?

Laura geek.gif, mom to fencing.gif Savannah (born 10/2008) and Indy (born 01/2011), and babyf.gifCheyenne (born 11/2012)

#2 of 7 Old 03-30-2011, 06:51 AM

It's 3 months for me, 2nd c-section, and I have quite a poof belly still. I am still in maternity clothes

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#3 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM

7 weeks for me, still have a poofy jiggly belly.

#4 of 7 Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurac5 View Post

Got another "are you pregnant?" comment from a sweet, well-meaning friend today and am wondering if (hoping) I am not the only one who still has a "baby bump" at 2+ months pp... 

I told her no, but now that I think about it... I've been ravenously hungry the last few days, refluxy since yesterday, and have been gagging just a little on my vitamins in the morning... but bfing can make you crazy hungry, and my hormones are still probably evening out from having a baby, right...?

BF'ing makes me super, super hungry too - and sometimes I feel like no matter how much I eat I never feel really full. 

I don't necessarily look pregnant anymore, just fat:(

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#5 of 7 Old 04-09-2011, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep. Fat. I started going to this "mamalates" class once a week and it was hilarious trying to find my abdominals much less feel them snout to use them. Doing all that withenough spare tirage to inhibit movement and properpositioning was the least amusing. It must be working a little though since I canteven activate enough musclage to get out of my nursing chair witout groaning and heaving like an elephant.

*posting from a phone fat anticipates and corrects is idiotic
#6 of 7 Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm still wearing maternity pants most of the time. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and was thinking about packing away my maternity stuff but I guess my pants will have to stay out. :sigh: I am losing weight slowly but I know with my first it took a while for my tummy to get decent looking (not back to the same but not poofy anymore).

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#7 of 7 Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM

I still have a little pooch I should work on, but I also have trouble finding my ab muscles - if they even exist anymore!  What I really want to know is, when will my hips go back to normal?  Will they ever?  They're what is making it hard to fit into my normal pants.

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page