Celebrating Milestones - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i know many of the other babies here are probably ahead of my little girl, but i just was so happy i had to share, my little girl rolled over on Sunday, i'm just amazed to watch her learn, her little body is so determined, it was fun, she got it once and just did it over and over every time we put her face down, thankfully dad walked in and got a video, its sooooo cute

im sure my little boy will figure it out soon

ok thats al the goofy dork parent mode for the night

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#2 of 8 Old 04-21-2011, 11:37 PM

Well she is ahead of Hannah. No rolling here. I just got her to tolerate tummy time (on the floor) this past week. It doesn't last too long but she can hold her neck up when we are holding her. 

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#3 of 8 Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Trent had been trying to roll for awhile, but couldn't get all the way there.  This morning he did his first complete roll.  it's so exciting!

he's a big 18 pounder already at 3 months, so it sometimes looks like he should be doing more.  then I remind myself he's only 3 months old. lol

~ diane & DH & Trent Julian 1/29/11 & Harmony Marija 11/29/12 x 2
#4 of 8 Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM

No rolling here, but we also don't do much tummy time. Lots and lots of smiles and coos though. smile.gif

Lisa, married and mama to 3 kids-ds (7yo), dd (6yo), & ds (2yo)

#5 of 8 Old 04-27-2011, 02:00 PM

Oh wow! I'm so glad to hear Atti's not the only one that does not love tummy time. He screams bloody murder the second it's tummy time. 

So, we don't have too many milestones to report just yet. He did start grasping! He grasped out at a toy, and a dolly instead of just watch me dangle it infront of him.

He's also better about asking for food at night, he used to scream when he was hungry, now he just grunts and I'm quick to satisfy his grunts so that he learns that he gets what he wants and doesn't need to resort to screaming.

He's *much* better at holding his head up now. I'm even thinking about having him face out in the Baby Bjorn.

It's so nice to hear what our babies are doing these days so that I can see if I should be watching out for it for Atti!

#6 of 8 Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 AM

Miles hates tummy time unless there's boob involved. I can get him to tolerate it if I lie down on my back and plunk him on top of me so he can nurse. Our doctor says wearing him upright in a wrap counts too, and he gets tons of that so I'm not fussed about it.

#7 of 8 Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

im pretty worried about getting enough tummy time, since as twins reality dictates that they get put down on their backs way to much. its so hard to wear one around the house when i have to change diapers or pick up and cam the other one.

that being said i still dont so it often enough (tummy time), one of them always seems to want/need to do something different. but we do get a good amount of tummy on tummy lovin' when we are in bed in the morning

DS is still way wobblier than DD despite weighting 2 more pounds than her!

oh and for another cute milestone, they have just started to grab each others hands! they dont really get what they are doing yet, but it is sweet to see

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#8 of 8 Old 04-28-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

oh a trick for tummy time, i used a neck pillow like the type you would bring on the airplane for adults and laid them over that with it just under their armpits, it leaves them low enough to the ground that they can still push up more and high enough that even if they let their head drop fast it does not hit the ground (ouch) it also lets them look at more things, i have a kid safe mirror i place right in front of it on the ground, they like that. i also lay down so that my face is right in front of them and talk with them

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page