February 2011 Roll Call - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I just posted on this site for the first time yesterday, so I'm still getting over my nervousness

Got 3 faint positives yesterday, and 2 more this a.m., so I'm thinking that even though AF isn't "due" till Thursday or Friday, those bfps are bfps! And that would make the EDD about Feb 22 or 24th.

I'm 28, and the momma of 2 boys, 7 & 5. My partner and I had been trying since August of 2009, so this is pretty much the greatest

Hopefully I'll get comfy on here, because you all are a fabulous bunch of ladies!

Happy tattooed mama, madly in love with my 2 sons and my tattooist partner. Expecting darling #3 in 02/2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 06:18 AM

My name is Bri. I've got 2 kids from a previous marriage who call my SO daddy. One of each. They were both pretty early (27 weeks and 33 weeks) so I am very tentatively praying for a term baby and home birth if this baby sticks. Looks like my EDD is February 18th. My first two are Feb 17th and March 4th, so that is a busy time of year for us already. We are still VERY surprised. DH is supposed to be sterile so it's quite a shock! But we're happy. Waiting to tell everyone for a while. I told him via picture message... Oops. I blame the shock.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 06-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Hi!

I'm Carrie, 33 yrs, married 3 years (but togther almost 7). We have two DDs, aged 5 and 3 (soon 6 and 4, my summer babies). We're all excited about baby #3. The DDs have been asking "When are we going to have another baby?" since the youngest could talk!

My due date is Jan 22 (give or take) but since my oven is more a crockpot, I'm telling everyone mid-Feb so I don't have to hear "Haven't you had that baby yet?" for 1.5-3 weeks after the due date passes. I will be shocked (SHOCKED!) if this kid makes an appearence before Feb 1st.

I'm looking forward to a homebirth this time around!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Hello! I'm Erika and I'm 28. I have a son (10), a daughter (8) and my SO has an almost 3 year old son. I just had 2 light positives on Sunday and Monday, AF isn't due for a couple more days so EDD is around 2/24. We are very excited and hoping for a birth center waterbirth, as long as my BP stays down.

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
LCB

I just got my BFP today. I have one little stinker, so she'll be getting her first sibling. Excited to be here (and very, very nervous about having two!!)

Me, a husband, a social butterfly 2008, and a cheeky monkey 2011

Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 PM

Hi! My name is Lori I am 43 (will be 44 soon) married to my DH for 23 years. we are expecting our 6th baby EDD of 2/13/11.

Our son Z is 21 and recently married to our lovely DIL A

oldest DD A is 19 and recently moved back home and is expecting her first baby sometime in late Nov (EDD 11/22)

then we have a 10 year gap and then 3 reversal (DH's reversal) babies all girls

M is 9 1/2
L is 5 1/2
S will be 2 on 6/25

We are thrilled to be expecting again. I have had 4 early losses thoruhg the years so we are praying for a sticky baby.

We are a Christian family, we homeschool and homebirth. DH likes to raise our own chemical free produce (yummy) We are BFing CDing babywearing and non-vax non-circing

Looking forward to getting to know you all. It will be nice to have somehwere to come and talk about the prergnancy since it will be at least another month before we tell anyone.

Lori T. DH Joey Momma to...DS21, DDIL19, DD19 (EDD11-22-10), DD9, DD5, DD2 & another Blessing EDD 2-13-11
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM

I'm Amanda, I'll be 35 next month. I have a 5yr old ds and dd is almost 3.

I got my BFP yesterday and was lurking around this board today. Apparently I'm going to have kiddo #3 mid February. It wasn't totally planned, but not unwanted. We had just started having the vasectomy talk and I had begun selling off baby stuff. However, I just didn't feel "done", I felt like there was one more baby that needed to come out of me, so we left it mostly to fate, using condoms sometimes or spermicidal foam or films the others. Yeah that stuff doesn't work so well

Anyway, though I wasn't totally thrilled with the idea of another baby yesterday, I feel much better today. In fact, I think I'm starting to feel happy and excited already. I'm not telling my kids yet, I've only told my MIL because I knew she would be totally happy and I needed to hear some positive words, and my neighbour/friend who I do daycare for part time and we walk our boys to school together because I wanted to tell someone else who I know will keep my secret.

I hope my pregnancy is as easy as my others and the birth is easier than the last one, which was even easier than the first. Mostly I hope that this baby is a little easier than the last one, which was much more difficult than the first I don't think I put her down for her first year, she never slept well, I wore her all.the.time and she SCREAMED every time we put her in the car seat. FINGERS CROSSED

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Count me in!

I'm Rebecca, and I'm due with my 3rd baby on February 23rd!

I have 2 sons - one who is almost 3, and another who is 14 months, so our house will be a little chaotic!

I'm a Bradley Birthing Instructor and a doula. I've had both of my babies at a free standing birth center, and I hope to have this one at the same place or at home

I'm excited to be here!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
Old 06-16-2010, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm here! Yay! Due Feb 22 with baby #2, DD is very excited to be a big sister! I'm ambivalent about the sex, just hope there's only one (twins run big in my family and I'm 32). I plan on starting law school in Fall 2011, so the timing is great, except I was supposed to be on the volunteer staff for Estrella War next February (a week-long SCA event). Looks like I won't be going, because I'm due the day after the event ends. I work part time at an evil box store, and have been married for 11 years this coming August. DH is a student, starting at Arizona State in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segrau View Post
Hola all! My name is Sarah and I just turned 31. I live near Phoenix, AZ and I have a little boy who will be 3 in July and Dh and I have been together for 10 years in November (though only married for 4 in October.) I have now had 5 BFP's in a row, though the first was so faint that I think only I would've seen the line. I haven't even missed my period until Thursday on a 28 day cycle, so I almost feel like I'm jinxing it by posting this early. But here's hoping that this one's sticky! I've never miscarried, but I've been hanging around the TTC forums long enough to know that it happens.I picked out my midwife and changed our insurance to something she'd accept (albeit out-of-network) a year ago. She's opening the only freestanding birth center in Phoenix soon, and that's where I want to have my little one. It's called Babymoon Inn, and I want to have a waterbirth there.

I'm an active mama who does Crossfit. It's a fast-paced, intense exercise program that does anaerobic exercises at an aerobic pace. So now I have to look into modifying my workout, but I've heard of a lot of other women who've done it, and I'm game. I only gained 27 lbs with my son, but I started at 40 lbs overweight. Now I'm about 16 lbs overweight and hoping to keep this one to 20 lbs of baby weight.

I'm Wiccan, super crunchy, and got my BFA in Art from Arizona State in 2006. I love yoga, hiking, reading, writing, sculpture, and drawing. I can't wait to get to know all you ladies better over the next 9 months. Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy for everyone!
Sarah, looks like we're local to each other. I live in Tempe. I have an interview with a midwife in Mesa next week. We should get together some time to compare notes--thought I could have sworn there was a freestanding birth center in Phoenix when I had DD. Maybe it went out of business?

I'm with you on wanting to limit weight gain. I was losing weight this year, and had a goal of getting down to 145, made it as far as 155; I'll probably shed the rest while nursing (with DD I dropped to 135 while nursing when starting 165 before the pg and gaining forty pounds during it), I'll just have to watch my diet and exercise when the metabolism shift from baby eating solids hits (my cycle came back and I put on a bunch of weight last time).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 PM

HI! I just got my bfp yesterday at 11 dpo. I'm 31 and married for 1.5 yrs. this will be our first and we are so excited and hopeful. this was the first month in way over a year that we did not try. we only were intimate one night on the 11th day of my cycle and the next day my fil had a stroke and life has been sad and hard since then. yesterday was a ray of sunshine and we are so greatful. hoping this one sticks! my due date id feb 25th! but ff says feb 27 bc i stopped temping so it doesnt know my due date. oh well.

good luck everyone!

Married to my wonderful hubby since 12/31/08 and have been ttc for over a year. We have suffered one terribly disheartening ectopic that terminated on 9/25/09.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM

Hi! I'm Jenna, 33 years old. I just had an early ultrasound this morning and am due 2/11/11. I have one daughter who will be 3 in August. My husband and I have been married for 4 years but have been together since we were 18. DD was really hoping that she would get a brother AND sister out of this but I had to break it too her today that there was only one baby inside me..thank goodness!

I'll be delivering in the same hospital with the same OB. I looked for a midwife practice through my health plan and they were all just too far away. I'm happy with my OB anyway.

I've been a stay at home mom ever since my DD was born and will continue to be one with this next baby. Before becoming a mom I was a vegan/vegetarian chef/baker in a few restaurants in NYC.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenofur View Post
Hi! I'm Jenna, 33 years old. I just had an early ultrasound this morning and am due 2/11/11. I have one daughter who will be 3 in August. My husband and I have been married for 4 years but have been together since we were 18. DD was really hoping that she would get a brother AND sister out of this but I had to break it too her today that there was only one baby inside me..thank goodness!

I'll be delivering in the same hospital with the same OB. I looked for a midwife practice through my health plan and they were all just too far away. I'm happy with my OB anyway.

I've been a stay at home mom ever since my DD was born and will continue to be one with this next baby. Before becoming a mom I was a vegan/vegetarian chef/baker in a few restaurants in NYC.
Nice to "meet" you. Just wanted to point out there are three others of us who have kids turning 3 in august!!! cool

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Nice to "meet" you. Just wanted to point out there are three others of us who have kids turning 3 in august!!! cool
I have a son turning 3 in September, and another son who is 14 months old :-)

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello mamas!
I am Megan, 32 years old, have a 13 month DS and just got my BFP yesterday! We are super happy. Weren't necessary "trying" yet, were going to officially start at the end of the summer, BUT, RTF came when DS turned One and since I've been a FAM practicer for years, i knew we were taking a chance one day! And it paid off i guess!
Been with DH for 10 years, married 5. Very excited for #2!
Already feeling nausea. Had it for 20 weeks with DS. Not fun.
But praying this is another healthy pg and hoping for a water birth this time, though I live in MA so may not be possible if we stick with the hospital. We're moving at some point, so not sure about a homebirth yet.
EDD Feb 19th ish, my brother's bday.
Looking forward to "enjoying" these next 9 months together!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 PM

Hey everyone

I'm Courtney, and I'm 29 and married to DH for 2 yrs (been together for 9 yrs). We're proud parents of surprise ID twin girls born 10 weeks premature in March of last year. They're now happy, healthy toddlers despite their early entrance into this world.
After a couple days of sore boobs and queasy stomach, I POAS and had another surprise BFP on Monday 6/14 (13 DPO). DH and I are excited even if it's sooner than we expected.

After twin preemies, my goal is to make it full term with this baby and since it's our last baby, I want to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy.... even the annoying aches, pains and MS.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 PM

Oh, I haven't seen this until now.

I'm pixie, we are expecting number 7, we have 3 boys and 3 girls already, so this is our tiebreaker.
We have a 21 yo. girl who's moved out and is in med. school and doing well, 11.5 yo. boy, a girl that would've turned 10 next week, she died in august -00, then we have two 6.5 year olds; girl and boy, and a 4.5 yo. boy.

We do emergency/foster care too, and the last few years we've only had babies in emergency care. We'll probably take a brake though, we have a girl that's moving now, and then we have a 9 week holiday, and by then I'll be 16 weeks, so we'll probably wait until our february baby is older.

Due february 8th, I've had february 6th as a due date before so that's funny.
I want a natural birth with no traumatic experiences or near-death situations for me or baby. That's my goal. And I also have a goal of getting to at least week 37, as a mum with two preemies.
I'd like to use water, maybe even give birth in water, and catch the baby myself.
And then have the baby on my chest right away.
I'll be using HypnoBabies, and a doula, and I'm open to trying acupunture for pain if breathing/hypno/water isn't enough/I loose my focus.
This'll also be a VBAC.

I fully expect to be the crazy lady at the hospital anyway, so no news there.
I'm planning as close to home birth as possible, in the hospital. It's called an ABC birth here, meaning no interventions, no meds, using water a lot, letting you birth in peace and give you the time you need etc. etc.

We've had some losses now, so I'll be terrified for a while. And we have a long history of preemies, sick babies and such, and we have lost a child, so I'll probably be a nervous wreck all through. I have a high-risk pregnancy.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:47 PM

Hi,

Joining this group. Let's see I am 28 and the internet calculator with a conception date is Feb. 22nd. I have 2 children and wasn't ready for a next one because I am nursing my 14 month old but I just have to go with the flow now.

I am more than likely having a homebirth as I did with the last 2.

Nothing else to report, just trying to come to terms with a next baby already. I just found out 2 days ago when my AF didn't show up.

I am planning to get right to proper nutrition and excercise. I didn't do it well with my 2nd child and have alot of belly fat(that is my only problem). With the first one(He is 3 1/2) I do the whole exercise thing and my belly was ok, not flat but nothing like this.

Also start to get my 14month old to eat a little more before the milk dries up. I plan on nursing her hopefully to at least 20/22 months now.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:37 PM

I am very excited to be joining in. I am 24,, happily married, and a working mama to a very chatty 4 year old. We are excited to be expecting our 2nd, official due date is Feb. 23rd (my dd's due date was Feb 18th), we will be having an HBAC this time around.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 06-19-2010, 01:17 AM

Wow, what a big group!! Its encouraging to see so many big families too!

I'm Angela, 29, I finally have a six pack!!! no not rock hard abs but 6 precious kiddos. I've birthed in many ways. 1. perfect natural hospital birth 2. twins baby A vaginal natural birth, baby B emergency knock me out drag baby out via C-Section. 3. & 4. A hospital VBAC that was OK, not really pieceful but a successful VBAC. 5. And an unassisted home/waterbirth with our last one. Of course the homebirth with just my hubby and I was amazing!! I had done Hypnobirth prep about a month prior to birth (mostly just fear release) and the birth was pretty painless. I hope to do it again. this time i will use a homebirth naturopath who might be aloud to be in the house somewhere. My husband doesnt want anyone there and i just worry if i have someone to ask questions to or someone other then my own body (And the Good Lord)to depend on i might depend to much on them and it wouldnt be the same. not sure, i plan to meet the Dr. next week. Can't wait.

"due" date is feb.13 but i go about 2 weeks past so i plan end of feb. my signature tells the rest. Excited to have you all since we arnt telling people quite yet. I hope my husband will share the news with the kids on fathers day and then we will have to tell everyone because if we dont the kids will slip for sure!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Hello !

DP and I are also 33 (many of us here !)

We are finally pregnant after many tries with IUI. Our little one (or little ones ???) is due on Valentines day !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 PM

I'm Cami, 31. DH and I are expecting our 5th baby. Our other children are dsd 22, ds 10, dd 7,ds 3.

We should be due 2/28. I'm really excited to be here!

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My husband and i are expecting our third child together(5th for him) edd is february 14th 2011, this will be a vbac2 for me .

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 AM

Hey I'm also 33, expecting our 7th (looks like a have a fair amount of MoMs), just got a +test yesterday! According to a online calculator I should be due 2/21/11- based off LMP and a 45 day cycle. My ODC range in age from 16 (almost 17) down to 14 months (4/09 DDC alumni here). It's been a while since I've had this close of an age gap- the oldest 2 are 14 mths apart but the rest are 3-4 years apart. This is the second for DH and I- the olders are mine, but he still calls them his too!

I've ALWAYS had hospital births (w/pit assist for stalls) but would LOVE a homebirth. HB is probably not in the cards though ever- since I am classified as "high risk"- mulitple births and GD w/my last 2. BUT I am going to keep options open and at least talk to a HB MW!

I may not be on all that much- depends on my patience level- MDC takes forever to load on my computer and I hate all the pop-ups I get (yes I have pop-up blocker on and this doesn't happen on any other website).

But my what a big group we have this time?!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey all! Guess I should introduce myself!

My name is Amanda and I'm 28. I have a 10 month old son named Kingsley. We wanted to add one more babe to complete our family and left it open to happen whenever.
So, our guess date is 2.24.11!
Kinda scared to have 2 little ones at the same time but I'm sure we can handle it!
Excited to be here as I LOVED my aug '10 DDC!

Mom to K and R

Old 06-20-2010, 09:14 PM

Hey
I'm Rachel - we have been TTC since DD turned 10mo - she will be 2 on July 3 - got pregnant in June '09 and lost the baby at 5w, then got pregnant again in Dec '09 and lost the baby the end of February. So here we are again - hoping and praying this one sticks! Our due date by ovulation is 2.28.11

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Well I guess I'm just going to go for it and jump into this DDC...I've been lurking for about a month now, afraid to join a DDC for fear of jinxing it...but dangit, I wanna join! lol

I'm 29y.o. and according to my LMP my due date is 2/3/2011 (although I have short cycles, so by ovulation I'm probably due more around the end of January)...DH and I are very much excited about this pregnancy! We've only told a few people about it though because our first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage (found out at the 12 wk u/s that there was no heartbeat) and we had already told people about the pregnancy, so we had to deal with random people in our small town who had heard about the pregnancy but not the miscarriage congratulating us...that was hard and we'd like to avoid that if possible! With our 2nd pregnancy (which resulted in our DS ) we waited until after the 12 wk u/s to tell people...not sure if we'll make it that long this time around because it seems a lot more difficult to hide, as I seem to be more bloated so I kinda *look* pregnant and sometimes the queasiness is hard to hide...our parents are prob gonna figure it out soon, and once they know, it'll prob be all over town!

We have our first appointment with a midwife on July 2nd...I'll be 9 wks along by then (really more like 9 1/2 according to ovulation date), so I'm crossing my fingers we'll be able to hear a heartbeat with the doppler, although I realize it's not likely!

So excited to get to know you mamas over the next 7 months and sending sticky vibes to you all!

Adoring wife to my DH since 9/04, SAHM to biggrinbounce.gifDS(9/07)
stork-suprise.gif due 2/3/2011joy.gif
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
My name is Chrissy and I'm 35. I have had 12 previous miscarriages but went on to carry my DS after being diagnosed with mthfr c677t.

Totally scared throughout but we made it and he's wonderful, cept he's turning 2 next month. This pregnancy came as a suprise. Wasn't trying, wasn't not trying if you know what I mean. First pg since I've had DS. Scared and excited.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
Old 06-22-2010, 05:54 PM

I am 33 (turning 34 this summer), DH is 31 and we have three kids already: an 8 1/2-year-old boy, a six-year-old girl and a two-year-old girl (still nursing).

We were TTA pregnancy so this is a bit of a shock for both of us.

We'll be having a homebirth.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 AM

Hello. We just found out we're pregnant with a surprise baby due in mid-February. We have 4 other children, ages 10 to 2, and we thought we were done. I guess that's what happens when you get rid of all the maternity and baby clothes

We're planning a homebirth, as we've done before.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 

User Tag List