Early Ultrasound? Post here! - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  ... Last
February 2011 > Early Ultrasound? Post here!
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 03:29 PM 06-02-2010
I thought having a rollcall of when our early ultrasounds are and any discussion about them would be good! Also I thought a place where we could help each other with any anxiety would be good too.

So...

What date is your ultrasound scheduled for? How many weeks will you be? How are you feeling about it? How did it go?

This will be my first early ultrasound. It is scheduled for 6/15 and I'll be 6 1/2 weeks. I'm quite nervous due to previous losses but I think seeing the heartbeat will really help me.

Jenne

nintendork's Avatar nintendork 04:43 PM 06-02-2010
Just scheduled my first ultrasound for June 21st. Doctor said we could do it earlier but we will be out of town

I can't wait!
PrincessWinnie's Avatar PrincessWinnie 04:54 PM 06-02-2010
Mine is June 22nd, I will be 8 weeks exactly
finnegansmom's Avatar finnegansmom 05:16 PM 06-02-2010
I haven't done an early US (just the 12 week nuchal).
I'm not sure if I'll do one this time, maybe?
We just had a 12 week loss in feb, and it would totally help ease my horrible anxiety to see that heart beating away....
I'll talk to my midwife after I get my beta results and see if she can pull some strings or something
OkiMom's Avatar OkiMom 05:44 PM 06-02-2010
I will have a dating one at 12 weeks. I actually love (I know Im bad) ultrasounds since Ive had multiple losses it helps me know everything is ok. This is actually the first pregnancy I haven't been anxious to get to that mark so I can see/hear the baby.
finnegansmom's Avatar finnegansmom 11:25 AM 06-08-2010
I spoke to my midwife a few days ago and she said she will schedule a 7 week ultrasound for me to see the heart beating.... It's 2 weeks from tomorrow, I'm already so nervous about it!! Eiiiikkk.........
baby3in2011's Avatar baby3in2011 12:22 PM 06-08-2010
i finally got my 1st appointment set up for next thursday, i will be over 6 weeks then i think.
mommytoallh's Avatar mommytoallh 01:56 PM 06-08-2010
My ultrasound will be July 1 and I will be 7 weeks. It feels like forever away, but I know thw time will fly by.
SJ78's Avatar SJ78 04:57 AM 06-09-2010
I had my first US, last week Tuesday at 3 ½ weeks, only cause I was worried of an ectopic (not that I have a history of an ectopic pregnancy) I just had sharp pains on my left side and it would spread down to my leg, I read somewhere that this could be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy fortunately, it wasn't and everything went well I couldn’t see anything - maybe the sack or what I thought is the sack!

I went for my blood test yesterday and my hormone levels are just fine and normal

I have another US next Wednesday 16th June I will be 5 ½ weeks …. I cant wait!
pollyanna123's Avatar pollyanna123 11:15 AM 06-09-2010
I will have an ultrasound at 8 weeks exactly on June 29th, which is also my DD's 4th birthday. I hope everything's okay!!
pugmomma's Avatar pugmomma 01:06 PM 06-09-2010
I will be almost 5 weeks for my first ultrasound and it's tomorrow! I am really excited, but nervous. I suppose they won't be able to see much, just confirm that it's not a tubular preg.
hollytheteacher's Avatar hollytheteacher 02:41 PM 06-09-2010
I can't remember if I posted yet or not, but my first u/s will be on July 8th (well i think i'm gettign a dating u/s...could be wrong...it's my first apt though and last time i got one at my first apt).
2bpeaceful's Avatar 2bpeaceful 05:51 PM 06-09-2010
I had one yesterday at 6 weeks. The fetal pole measured 3mm and the doctor said that I was "still in the game" (i had some spotting). We both saw the slightest flutter of something that he said could be the heartbeat but he didn't want to say definitively.
I go for the "official" ultrasound next week, at 7 weeks.
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 07:15 PM 06-09-2010
I went in yesterday for an ultrasound. I was 5w5d. The heartbeat was 106. I have to go back on the 15th to make sure the heartrate has come up to 120-140 (which I am sure it will!). I was not expecting to get to see anything really let alone a heartbeat, let alone a picture!

Congrats to those who have seen their babes already! Patient, stress free waiting for those who have future appointments!

Jenne
debra_lea's Avatar debra_lea 10:46 PM 06-09-2010
My u/s is on Friday, June 11th. I should be 6 wks 2 days. I am hoping, praying, crossing fingers and toes that we get a heartbeat!

I need to tell my family this weekend that I'm pregnant. We are traveling for my brothers wedding shower on Friday evening. If all goes well, I need to tell his fiance that I can't wear the bridesmaid dress (can't be altered for a 5 month tummy). And, the dress needs to be ordered by next week!
korey's Avatar korey 10:05 PM 06-10-2010
I had an early ultrasound today and got a new due date! It was moved from February 1 to February 2 -- Groundhog Day! I always *hated* Groundhog Day because that little bastard never predicts Spring, but now it's my favorite day!

We also saw a very strong heartbeat - 119 bpm! I've read that 90-110 is normal for 6 weeks. So between the high HCG and the strong heartbeat, I'm thinking we have a little overachiever on our hands!
nintendork's Avatar nintendork 11:06 PM 06-10-2010
I never really understood Groundhog Day but I love the movie with Bill Murray. Congrats on your overachiever!
burg's Avatar burg 01:08 PM 06-11-2010
I just made an appointment for my first ultrasound, it is June 22nd and I will be 7.5 weeks. I am hoping that we hear a very strong heartbeat!

debra_lea- let us know how it goes today, good luck!

korey- That's great and must give you such piece of mind!!
portlandmama's Avatar portlandmama 02:09 PM 06-11-2010
I am assuming that mine will be on my first scheduled visit on 6/21. We shall see.
aprilmom's Avatar aprilmom 02:32 PM 06-11-2010
I had an ultrasound last Friday and they said I was 4w5d - so I go back next thursday @ 6w4d - hope to hear a heart beat!
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 11:14 PM 06-15-2010
Okay, at 6w4d I had my 2nd ultrasound today. Heart beat was right on at 142 bpm! We got to hear the heartbeat! Shush, shush, shush...such a gorgeous sound! Unfortunately, my doctor was out today so I got to see someone new (to me) he wouldn't release me so I get to go back on the 28th for *another* ultrasound. Sigh. Hard to be too upset! Oh, and baby has almost tripled in size from 3.1 to 8.5! Wow! Grow baby, grow!

Okay, let's see...who's next? Is it AprilMom on 6/17???

Jenne
Mrs-Mama's Avatar Mrs-Mama 12:23 AM 06-16-2010
Mine's not until 7/15...I'll be 8 weeks.
Family4Christ's Avatar Family4Christ 01:28 AM 06-16-2010
Mamas, when is the best time to have an early u/s? I certainly don't want to have one too early and risk not seeing a HB. Would 6 weeks be good?
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 02:33 AM 06-16-2010
My RE insisted that the heartbeat ultrasound be between 6 and 7 weeks. There should be heartbeat by then! It will be so exciting to see your babe's!

Jenne
thankful85's Avatar thankful85 08:19 AM 06-16-2010
With my two kids...the heartbeat wasn't there at 6 weeks. We couldn't see it until almost 7 weeks.

My first u/s will be on 7/8. I'll be 8w1d. I'm so nervous!!!! I hate having to wait that long...I just want to know NOW that everything is OK!
SJ78's Avatar SJ78 10:14 AM 06-16-2010
I had my US yesterday at 5w4d at first nothing was there!! i was so worried my heart was racing out of my chest. then i got to see the most beautiful heartbeat ever and got to listen to it too DH wasnt there but i have another appointment today (i'm seeing 2 OBs from different hospitals) DH is gonna be there to see the little heart go swosh..swosh. he is sooooo excited and so am I for the second time

__________________________________________________ ______
Sharifa
pixiekisses's Avatar pixiekisses 10:17 AM 06-16-2010
I'm trying to hold off until 12 weeks, I'm 6+3 now, so we'll see if I make it that far.
hollytheteacher's Avatar hollytheteacher 02:47 PM 06-16-2010
I think 8 weeks is the "norm" for the first u/s. It's a cute age too because they have those little paddle hands and paddle feet.
pugmomma's Avatar pugmomma 03:05 PM 06-16-2010
I had my second ultrasound on Sunday at 6 weeks exactly. We saw the heartbeat! We are so excited. After last Thursday ultrasound we were very nervous. Since our betas are really good we were up to 10, 950 on Friday we are now in the clear until 8weeks. If that ultrasound goes well then our RE will release us to our ob.

As for thoughts on early ultrasounds, I think they are a good idea if you have troubles conceiving or have risky pregnancies. It does give you a little peace of mind.
hollytheteacher's Avatar hollytheteacher 03:06 PM 06-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmomma View Post
I had my second ultrasound on Sunday at 6 weeks exactly. We saw the heartbeat! We are so excited. After last Thursday ultrasound we were very nervous. Since our betas are really good we were up to 10, 950 on Friday we are now in the clear until 8weeks. If that ultrasound goes well then our RE will release us to our ob.

As for thoughts on early ultrasounds, I think they are a good idea if you have troubles conceiving or have risky pregnancies. It does give you a little peace of mind.
Did you get a pic? I wanna see some u/s pics ladies!!!
1 2  3  ... Last

Up