Any plans for exercising while pregnant? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I did 45 mins on the arc trainer and a workout DVD that is pilates/yoga w/some light weights. Feeling much better lately so I'm hoping to get back into my regular workouts (which are like above w/some variations) On the nutrition side, I can't decide if I did ok today or not: fruit for breakfast and a 2% fage, bowl of raw broccoli and cauliflower w/some dressing, then a mesculan green salad w/a little chicken, 1 small piece of pizza and some popcorn. HMMMM...I'm so hungry this time! but I guess I did ok since I worked out

Also really excited there's a prenatal pilates class nearby that I'm planning on starting later this summer, maybe in the fall to keep my motivation going in the cooler weather.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 06-21-2010, 02:07 PM

YOGA - I have two friends my age (30) who both did prenatal yoga, and had quick, (loud,) natural births - they both had their babies within 45 minutes of arriving at the birthing center! I spoke with my yoga teacher and she encouraged me to keep doing the class I do, just "make space for baby" as baby and belly grow.
#33 of 33 Old 06-29-2010, 05:04 PM

I've been at the gym 3-4 days a week now for 3 months. The hardest part is getting up at 5:30 am (the only time I have when hubby is home to watch kids and I'm not already exhausted or asleep)! I usually walk, bike, or if I'm feeling really energetic, eliptical for 20 min, lift weights (weight depending on how I feel that day, but I notice it's naturally about half of what I used to on my arms, the rest is about the same), then 10 more minutes cardio. I feel (and look) sooooo much better than I did with the first two. I naturally have short labors (9 and 6 hours) so I don't want them to be shorter, but if that's what happens, I'm much better with that than a 24 hour labor!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page