Any cravings yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DW always jokes that she will be 'on-call' for late night ice cream runs. After a tough day and an emotional couple weeks in general we had ice cream in bed- the baby needed it I only wanted soft serve though, I never eat soft serve.

Have you had odd or intense cravings?

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 11:09 AM

I wanted a Taco Bell chili cheese burrito so badly the other night that I dreamed about it. The next day I got my BFP and treated myself to a taco bell trip (I haven't been there is years).

I also have an extreme aversion to all things sweet, cake, ice cream, frosting ... blech.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM

Spagetti!! I had this craving with my 1st dd as well! Unfortunately dh and dd#2 don't like to eat it very often, oh well I guess they will have to deal!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:23 PM

cucumbers and salad!! I'm glad those are my cravings since they are healthy lol (well excpet for all the ranch dressing ).

Last time I gained 70 pounds so i'm hoping not to this time. Although i had NO trouble burning it off. I didn't even do anything but nurse around teh clock lol. By the time ds was 11 months I was thinner than i was pre pregnancy.

I DO want to exercise more this time though and hopefully build up my stamina for the labor (my last labor was 36.5 hours and almost 4 hours of pushing).

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 06-04-2010, 03:00 AM

Dr Pepper for some reason. I don't drink soda very often and I hardly ever (maybe once a month when I have a particularly nasty migrane) drink anything with caffinee in it. Its strange since with teh first two I didn't really have cravings. This one i can't shake even though Im trying.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 06-04-2010, 03:31 AM

Protein...I want protein all the time. Yet most of it I can't eat (lactose intolerant) or am scared to eat cause of possible ms (peanut butter). I need to go shopping and see what I can find to feed myself. Getting tired of eggs.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM

We only eat red meat once every six months and only then because my husband loves to grill steaks. We had friends over for a Memorial Day barbecue and I made way too many hamburgers so we have leftovers and I have been craving them like crazy! Normally red meat makes me slightly ill afterwards but not now. I have had a hamburger for lunch for 4 days in a row now and nothin... except of course that I want another one...

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Fruit!

But not just any fruit--I'm craving citrus and tropical fruit and juice! I can't get enough citrus fruit juice, like grapefruit juice, orange juice, and even lemon in my water! I've also been more interested in pineapple, and thinking about mangoes even though I haven't had any.

Meanwhile, I could care less about my usual fruit preference of berries, apples, and occasional bananas. In fact, I seem to have developed an aversion to bananas. Weird!

I'm making a conscious effort to pair my fruit with protein so I don't have any blood sugar problems down the line.

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
Old 06-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Turkey sandwiches with a thick slice of tomato. I usually gag at tomatoes.. kind of odd. Adversions to sweets. I've lost a few pounds already.. I need to start eating more I think.

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:25 PM

i love mixed nuts and walnuts and pistaschios when i'm newly pregnant. I just bought a big container of them to snack on. I totally crave avocados too (pretty much always) so I'm sure I'll be eating one of those a day....

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 06-05-2010, 01:16 PM

I got my + HPT yesterday (the day after AF was due). The night before I was having trouble falling asleep and then had a massive craving for cantaloupe gelato. Mind you this stuff was in my fridge for two weeks because it wasn't all that great...so why was I suddenly craving it? Yeah, that was the first time I thought, "Uh oh...I might really be pregnant." Fast forward 18 hours and I get my + HPT.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 06-21-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

I have been craving SALT. Chips, cheese, olives, pickles,... and sweet things have been turning my stomach. No strange cravings just very specific ones, like- I need mashed potatoes now!

Any strange cravings out there?

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 PM

i feel so gross I'm not craving anything but I did have mashed potatoes yesterday out of the blue and might have some for lunch today.

When I was pregnant with my first, I had BAD cravings. I had to drink a 1/2 of a 2 liter of Mr and Mrs T Spicy Bloody Mary Mix every evening after work. It required ice, a stalk of celery and cukes on top with crushed pepper. No vodka. Now in the real world, bloody mary's make me gag. Disgusting. But for those few months, it was life or death that I needed to drink those every single night. It became very urgent.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM

Oh yes! My cravings are exactly the same as when I was pregnant with my other two (both boys)....hmm...so I'm thinking maybe we're having another boy?

My cravings are as follows:

Salty Meat
Salty Deli Cheese
Italian Salad Dressing
Japanese Cucumber Rolls with Soy Sauce
Leafy Greens (w/Italian Salad Dressing)
Pickles

Same as before! Unbelievable!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
Old 06-21-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
I have been craving SALT. Chips, cheese, olives, pickles,... and sweet things have been turning my stomach.
This is me! In general I don't want fruit, but I just had a bite of a fresh peach and it was DELICIOUS! The other things that sound good to me know are coke (instead of dr. pepper), hot tea (instead of coffee), pickles, bacon, eggs, and chicken fried rice

Oh, and I go from feeling relatively full to ravenous in no time flat. It's crazy...no real m/s yet, but when the ravenous feeling kicks in, I do start to feel a little icky.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 06-21-2010, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexo View Post
Oh yes! My cravings are exactly the same as when I was pregnant with my other two (both boys)....hmm...so I'm thinking maybe we're having another boy?

My cravings are as follows:

Salty Meat
Salty Deli Cheese
Italian Salad Dressing
Japanese Cucumber Rolls with Soy Sauce
Leafy Greens (w/Italian Salad Dressing)
Pickles

Same as before! Unbelievable!
That's neat Bexo! It will be interesting to see if it another boy

Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 PM

Anything strongly flavored- pickles, vinegar based salad dressing, hot wings (WTF? I don't *like* hot wings!), fondue cheese

Plus any simple, non-sweet carbs- potatoes in particular, chick-fil-a, macaroni and cheese, and such

I can't keep salad down. At.all. I just need to stop trying.

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 06-21-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
hot wings (WTF? I don't *like* hot wings!),
I was the same way with DS. LOVED those things. I knew they would give me awful heartburn but I couldn't not eat them. Now you're making me want some again

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 06-21-2010, 04:52 PM

Things either taste really good or like cardboard right now and there is no telling what is going to be what! Like last time I'm hugely craving spicy food and luckily no heartburn so I'm eating it!

The weird thing is that I'm having to force myself to eat and I don't have ms. I seem to be more into snacking than actual meals. Of course this does not seem to be having an affect on my tummy unfortunately! That is still nice and bloated and flabby.

Hoping for the best in February 2011!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM

Red meat, which I don't normally eat but once a week or so. I've eaten it every single day, at least once a day since I started feeling pregnant, even before POAS. I ordered and ate an entire double cheeseburger for the first time in my life the other day. Gross.

Salty stuff. And chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and walnuts. And red wine. I've had a half a glass a few times a week, it makes me tingle it's so good.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 PM

Ugh, I wish I had cravings. Right now, even water makes me queasy.

With my twins I *craved* curry and all things spicy... oh, and peanut better. I normally *hate* peanut butter.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 08:31 PM

Bananas! They seem to be what calms my stomach when I'm queasy, and the only thing that sounds edible at that time. So I've been having at least 2 (sometimes 3!) per day for the last week since ms started... its weird!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM

I couldn't stop thinking about refrigerator pickles all day at work. I ate a whole bowl in one sitting when I got home.

And I've had half a bottle of spicy V8 today. It was incredibly good.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 PM

So far, I have been craving vanilla malts and green veggies like spinach and brussel sprouts and broccoli. I also really wanted to eat chicken the other day and fish sounds very yummy. Strange thing about that is I have been vegetarian and haven't had any chicken or fish for about 12 years!!! If it wasn't for the idea of someone killing the chicken and fish, I would totally eat them!

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 AM

bacon
cucumbers
potatoes in all forms (potato salad, mashed, baked)
fried chicken
salads
cantaloupe
watermelon

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM

Mmmm, potatoes

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM

Ribs so we are having them tonight with salad and potatoes! ate light for breakfast and lunch in preparation for this feast! haha.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM

I've been living on spinach salad with tomatoes, feta and croutons, with a balsamic dressing. My mouth is watering just thinking of it... that being said, I know once the m/s hits nothing will taste good, so I had better get it in now!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 

User Tag List