DDBC (Due Date Book Club) ? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 07-01-2010, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post
I think just a thread discussion for the monthly book would be great. Maybe we can do a 2nd thread for just general book chatter?

Here's what I'm reading right now...
"Spiritual Midwifery" - who said the hippie speak was hilarious. Oh, totally. But I'm really, really enjoying it.
"Homebirth in the Hospital" - Excellent! Actually an old resident of "The Farm" who became a doctor and applied the midwifery model in a hospital setting. It's short and a super easy read.
I've got a couple novels from my last library trip that I haven't started yet, but they look interesting...
You want to know what will really make you roll, I told my DH about the "hippie speak" while I was reading it and read him an example and then he referred to my yoni as my puss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
Anyone who wants to join in, can! Random date pulling out of my head here....how about July 28th for the chat? A weeknight better for people or a weekend? July 31 is a sat if that's better.

We can also just make a discussion thread here for people who cannot come to the chat and for further discussion!
I definitely say thread, even if I am able to chat I'd probably have to come and go and come and go with family distractions.

finally got to reading it last night, I really like it so far and wish I didn't have to work this morning for I could squeeze in a chapter or two before my kids wake up.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 44 Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 AM

yeah lets just stick with a thread for this one. Its a short read and we can start the thread end of July and have a good discussion

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#33 of 44 Old 07-01-2010, 10:19 AM

I'm in! I actually have Beauty on my bookshelf at home. It was one of my favorite books as a teen.

I'm not sure when I'll find time to read as right now I seem to be doing nothing but sleeping. DH was just mentioning the lack of clean laundry (something I usually take care of)...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#34 of 44 Old 07-02-2010, 04:04 PM

oooh that was fun....

waiting for the discussion to begin!

#35 of 44 Old 07-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Is it too much to schedule the discussion and pick the July book? I've had to renew Beauty once which isn't to say I can't check it back out and back in again but I'd love to get going.

I was really trying to find a decent book today at the library to suggest for August but it seems that all of the books in the new book section are grim, what's up with that? Also, my children weren't exactly being calm and quiet so I was distracted and rushed.

What suggestions for August?

Mind if I start a discussion thread for Beauty?

#36 of 44 Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM

I say go for it...

I fully intend on going home from work today and letting DD watch cartoons so I can sleep.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#37 of 44 Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM

I'll join. Looking forward to this So, read Beauty by the end of July, right?

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#38 of 44 Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 AM

yeah, I guess people need some more time. I didn't mean to be impatient, and I'd love for a chance to get more people to join! I'll just return it and check it back out in a few weeks.
Anyone with more patience want to be in charge of starting the chat thread?

#39 of 44 Old 07-08-2010, 08:47 AM

I am up for the thread whenever, but just to let you know I will be out of the country without internet access for 2 weeks starting on tuesday. I planned to read while there and we get back July 25th. So I will hop into the discussion then!

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#40 of 44 Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by definitelydebbie View Post
I'm reading "Having Faith" by Sandra Steingraber, an ecologist. Very informative, talks about pesticides and environmental toxins.
I considered starting this one the other day. I thought it might freak me out too much right now (not that I advocate remaining blissfully ignorant). Do you find it empowering for your choices in addition to being frightening/angering?
#41 of 44 Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 PM

Read Beauty today during naptime. Good stuff. Did we ever decide who starting and when we're doing the discussion?

I also have the latest Lee Child book 61 Hours checked out, I'll probably start that tonight. LOVE the Reacher series...anyone else?

I'm taking a break from birth and pregnancy books for awhile. It's driving me nuts that I'm still keeping this pregnancy a secret and anxiously awaiting Monday's u/s. So all this light reading is keeping my mind off of things.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#42 of 44 Old 07-29-2010, 09:08 AM

*tap, tap* Anyone there?

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#43 of 44 Old 07-29-2010, 09:23 AM

I'm totally here and waiting.... I jumped the gun last time and perhaps was a bit too exuberant.

#44 of 44 Old 07-29-2010, 09:27 AM

I'm ready!

I'll start it now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page