~~** Weekly Chit Chat - June 6-12 **~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2010, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Echo, I stalked your chart earlier...do you think you might have ovulated earlier?
Your CM seemed to match up with an earlier O....I know your temps were a slow rise, but that's how my charts are too sometimes. Are you getting a dating US? Maybe you're in for a surprise earlier DD.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 AM

I'm not sure Michelle, I thought it may have been a slow rise too, but the ladies over in CTA thought there was no way that O could have been earlier. Also the TCOYF software agreed with the CTA gals (FF had an earlier O but I plugged in a false OPK to make my charts match). I did get a REALLY dark test line today (odd for 7dpo) and I'll be showing my chart to my midwife and seeing what she thinks. She may or may not recommend a 20 week ultrasound for dating, she's really good with palpating for baby's size. Not much would really surprise me since with DD2 my edd was pushed back 6 weeks.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 06-11-2010, 12:47 AM

I am on my second tub of wax and have only gotten through the majority of one leg and some of the other... this is going to be a loooong process

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 06-11-2010, 12:52 AM

Nintendork I wish I knew what you were going through with the waxing. When my dd was born in 2003 it was an extremely traumatic c section that resulted in me losing all my hair from head to toe. I was diagnosed with alopecia. I was getting injections in my face to get my eyebrows to grow in some. They say it's safe during pregnancy but I don't think vanity is worth risking my babies health over. Sometimes I dream about wearing mascara. Usually I'm upbeat about my condition but writing this post made me think about my last birth. While it was a great natural vbac, I really wanted a doula. I knew I would be too uncomfotable to be bald in front of anyone but dh though. Even the medical staff in the hospital was taken back at first. Something about not feeling 100% comfortable in labor makes it that much harder for your body to open up. It must be the pregnancy hormones that have me in tears because I haven't cried about my condition in such a long time.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 AM

oh my goodness trekkingirl! The alopecia was a result of the c-sec? how? My heart aches for you.

Nintendork, I can't relate either, but that's because I haven't shaved my pits or legs in like 15 years!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Hey echospiritwarrior. I think I was pregnant once before with you here (I recently changed my username since I'm not the Mrs of my previous identity anymore). You have an October 05 or a March 07 baby?

Anyone feel the merging of your DNA with your partner's?

I didn't notice it as much with my exhusband, but with this baby? A different daddy? OMGosh, my sleeping patterns are different, my dreams are different and more vivid and the content is like what he tells me his dreams are...and I'm craving the crappiest junk food (he's not super into whole/clean foods like I am). Definitely feel the presence of this child.

And. Anyone cold? This is bizarre to me. I get really cold in the hottest part of the day. I know the house feels hot when I kill the AC but I'm still chilled to the bone, until bedtime. Weird. And this morning, hot flashing like crazy.

I'm excited to be another week closer to meeting this baby...almost

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

trekkinggirl - That must be so difficult, I'm sorry you go through that.

Tresa - I am always having hot/cold flashes. When I was about 7 or 8 DPO, I would have chills and goosebumps almost all day! It was so weird. I have goosebumps right now, and I'll put something else on, then I'll be totally hot and freaking out. I don't remember cold chills before, although I have never been in the first trimester in the summer before, only the winter....so I'm sure I was cold anyways.

Anyone starting to palpate their fundus? When does it start showing growth?
I've been trying to feel it this morning but all i can feel is that 1/2 pin of ben and jerry's I ate last night. opssie.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:53 AM

trekkingirl that sounds awful

afm, ds is doing a little worse than I had hoped, I have a call in to our dr to ask some questions. I am tired, up at night to pee already. Not much else going on. I hope you are all feeling as well as expected! Oh & still poasing & they just keep getting darker!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Trekkingirl, I'm sorry.

Tresa, I've been having HUGE hot and cold flashes. I never know what to expect!

finnegansmom, I've been poking, but since I'm 'fluffy' I don't expect to find much for awhile.

Mommytoallh, I hope your DS is feeling better soon.

afm, it's finally beautiful and sunny here, and I'm off tomorrow on a Girl Guide trip all day. Looks like it's going to be gorgeous!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 PM

Aww trekkinggirl, what a tough experience, it makes me ache a little to think of how uncomfortable you were while in labor. I am so sorry. I wish you could find an alopecia support group. My best friend growing up's sister had alopecia and I was in awe of her, she was so beautiful and confident. I try to grow out and donate my hair as often as possible because of her.

As for the hot/cold flashes, I would give part of my pinky toe for a cold flash lol. Before getting pregnant I was always cold at night and liked it that way. Now I am warm all...the...time. Yuck! and it is so hot in Texas already, I can't imagine what the rest of the summer is going to be like.

So what is this "palpating your fundus"? it sounds almost dirty

Old 06-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
So what is this "palpating your fundus"? it sounds almost dirty
it's where your m/w feels the top of the uterus (funal height) by feeling the outside of your belly. it's as or more accurate than ultrasound IMO if you have a very experienced practitioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
Hey echospiritwarrior. I think I was pregnant once before with you here (I recently changed my username since I'm not the Mrs of my previous identity anymore). You have an October 05 or a March 07 baby?

Anyone feel the merging of your DNA with your partner's?
OMGosh I totally am feeling the DNA mingling right now, and I'm also sending boy thoughts there!

I have May 05 and an Oct 07 girls, but I'm sure we somehow bumped into one another here during those times.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:19 PM

I had my first midwife appt yesterday! It was amazing. She's so dedicated to what I want out of my birth experience. Oh, and the doula she works with asked me about my previous OB (the one I was pointedly complaining about) and it turns out that she'd done 4 births with her and all the women she worked with had the some negative experiences I did. Unwanted episiotomy, pressured to have a c-section, pitocin, no eating/drinking. Sigh. She was a fabulous GYN, why couldn't she just stick to the specialty she clearly had patience for?

I'm EXHAUSTED!!! I can't believe how tired I am with this pg. All I want is to sleep and lay on the couch like a slug.

I admit, I was slightly disappointed that my midwife couldn't feel my uterus yesterday. I'm only 5w 1d pg, so she said it was unlikely that she would, but I was just hoping for some confirmation. Part of me is still in denial about this pregnancy. I have wanted it so badly for so long, it just doesn't seem real. I guess I'll just have to wait for my bloodwork on Monday.

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
it's where your m/w feels the top of the uterus (funal height) by feeling the outside of your belly. it's as or more accurate than ultrasound IMO if you have a very experienced practitioner.

My midwife with my second son, at about 38-39 weeks or so, said the baby was 8.5# by feeling my uterus and feeling the baby. He was born at 41w at 9#10, I would say she was right on the money.

It's pretty amazing to know that much just from touch.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:41 PM

yes, my midwife could tell how big DD2 was getting and had me make some dietary changes so there wouldn't be complications. She ended up being 9lbs 12oz that's like one 12th of my non pregnancy weight!!!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:31 AM

Okay ladies, we are packing up and heading to the beach for a week, starting early tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a great week with their sticky babies!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 AM

enjoy the beach!!! out the window to me when you pass San Marcos!!!

User Tag List